Why the moon landing could not have been faked

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Sniper school > flat earth. Long range shots use the curvature of the earth in their calculations, if the earth was flat, US snipers would be missing every shot.

iannis

Musty Nester
Sniper school > flat earth. Long range shots use the curvature of the earth in their calculations, if the earth was flat, US snipers would be missing every shot.
Don't you have to shoot a very long distance for it to matter? I learned something new today... the distance isn't as far as I'd thought it was.

Like I figgured artillery fire would use it to calculate where they want the shit to actually land, but I didn't even think you could have sniper rifles that would shoot like a fucking mile or two away. (And still have enough force left when they got to the target to be more than 'plink').

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Don't you have to shoot a very long distance for it to matter? I learned something new today... the distance isn't as far as I'd thought it was.

Like I figgured artillery fire would use it to calculate where they want the shit to actually land, but I didn't even think you could have sniper rifles that would shoot like a fucking mile or two away. (And still have enough force left when they got to the target to be more than 'plink').
Commonwealth countries kicking ass lately:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest...d_sniper_kills

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
BTW, i shot an Accuracy international AW Rifle with a S&B scope 3 years ago (most of you are familiar with it as AWP variant from counter strike). The whole set up was like $14,000 or something, I think it was chambered for the .338 lapua. It felt like i got kicked by a mule in the shoulder. After 3 shots I had to walk away and massage my shoulder out.

Didn't hit crap either. i suck.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
How exactly is the curvature of the earth used on a target you have line of sight on? I understand calculations accounting for Earth's gravity, but if I'm firing straight at something, what difference does the curved surface we are both resting on make?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How exactly is the curvature of the earth used on a target you have line of sight on? I understand calculations accounting for Earth's gravity, but if I'm firing straight at something, what difference does the curved surface we are both resting on make?
i think they are conflating the two. coriolis effect and "earth curvature" (a bit of a misnomer) refers to the same effect. assume you are shooting east to west, or west to east. one travels with the spin of the earth, the other against the spin - so one round will travel farther and the other will travel shorter if all other factors are equal. same with shooting north or shooting south. one will veer slightly to your left, and the other will veer slightly to your right (depending which way you are facing and shooting.)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BTW, i shot an Accuracy international AW Rifle with a S&B scope 3 years ago (most of you are familiar with it as AWP variant from counter strike). The whole set up was like $14,000 or something, I think it was chambered for the .338 lapua. It felt like i got kicked by a mule in the shoulder. After 3 shots I had to walk away and massage my shoulder out.

Didn't hit crap either. i suck.
Did you hit someone in the foot and kill them with it?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Did you hit someone in the foot and kill them with it?
No, but In the same day I almost shot myself in the foot (missed by about 4 inches) but that was with a Glock.

i jumped about 5 feet in the air when it went off.