Wii U

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The range is about 30 feet - it's streaming h264 video straight to the device in most cases with no lag.

Column_sl

shitlord
It definitely has a problem with walls. I can get the 30 foot range if there is no wall blocking it, but I can be 15 feet from it and duck behind a wall, and it loses connection.

It would be great if it just worked off your router versus it coming off the Wii itself.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I can get it to go through drywall walls, don't really have anything else to test with though.

It doesn't work off the router because Nintendo won't make an online required console.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I got the Mario Kart 8 bundle Wii U, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the free game. There's no pamphlet in the game box, and one of the papers mentioned that it wasn't needed, the game would register automatically when I set up the accounts. I did that, I set up the Nintendo account and linked it to my 3DS Nintendo Club account, but it's been like 48 hours now and still no registration. Any ideas?

Also, I played MK8 for like 2 hours yesterday and unlocked a lot of tracks and characters. I opened the game this morning and it's completely erased, just a brand new game with no unlocks. I don't remember if I force-closed the game or let the system turn off, but does it not save progressively? Do I gotta tell it to save after I win every race?

Column_sl

shitlord
The game choice shows up when you log into your nintendo club account, not the other nintendo account that gives you points.
I had to put in a number that was in the mario kart box to get the free game.

Then after you get the free game, that other Nintendo account will give you like 499 points after about 24 hours.

Not sure what you mean by forced off, but Mario Kart shouldn't be wiping your progress. I never saved once.

spronk

FPS noob
you have to enter the code from the MK8 red club nintendo insert intoOfficial Nintendo Rewards Program | Club Nintendomake sure you login with the same club nintendo account (that is attached to your nintendo network id) that is on your Wii U/3ds. Wait a few minutes and refresh on the club nintendo page after you enter the code (can do the survey or skip it for now it'll come back again), and you will get a prompt about picking your free game.

dunno about the save thing I sorta had the same thing happen with super mario but I guess that game does require you to quicksave, you are still logging in with the same nintendo network id right

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You probably were playing with a different Mii. It saves progress to specific accounts.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, you're right about the Mii. I made my own Mii after I linked my accounts up, but apparently I had used a temporary one prior to that. My races were saved in that account.

However, I don't have any insert/card from MK8. The only thing in the game case is a flimsy little pamphlet with powerful instructions like "Press A to go." There's a UPC on it but no download. Was the thing actually in the Mario Kart box? I've double checked all my packaging and don't see anything.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
If you bought the bundle it doesn't give you anything in the mario kart game box. You get credit for buying mario kart when you register the system itself.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
For what its worth, people seem to be selling codes from this offer too, so if you're interested in games that are part of the offer it may be worth your while looking around for a code. I got one on ebay for pikmin 3 pretty cheap, and the guy is knocking even more off for the mario game when pay day hits.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So I'm looking to pick up a WiiU for my wife at the start of next month, where should I pick it up at? Looking for price/value

Siliconemelons

I'm US. $200 from where exactly? GS?
Nope, from Nintendo.

Shop Nintendo | Nintendo Online Store

although it currently says they are out of stock until "Monday"

aww just noticed "not eligible for club Nintendo registration coins" - oh well need to go register my Mk8 and get my free Zelda before the date of the promo passes. - also it comes with an HDMI cable... cool :p don't have to go get some 10$ one from the store.

Ships from Washington, or at least that's the departure scan for mine- should be here Tuesday so I am excited- and the wife is also. My brother was down and he had his- playing some Nintendo Land and MK8 got her excited and seeing how well his kids and our kids interacted with the system was encouraging.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The Nintendo Refurbs are basically new - only thing you don't get is the GamePad charger stand.

The Mario Kart 8 Bundle is a great value also but good luck finding one.