Wii U

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the only time I ever look down is when I'm in first place by a healthy lead and I want to see just how healthy

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This isn't a Wii U question. It's more a 3DS one.

Do any of you or your girlfriends/wives have Tomodachi Life? It's supposed to be the "next" Animal Crossing type of craze for the 3DS. After reading a couple of reviews, I decided to buy it for my wife. Getting the Japanese import version as she's Japanese. I'm really hoping that she'll enjoy it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't really call it the next Animal Crossing. AC:NL is still a superior town simulator. Tomadachi Life is basically Animal Crossing on some hallucinogens

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, first review is in. My wife really enjoys the Japanese import of Tomodachi Collection (that's the 1st Tomodachi Life, only released in Japan).

We're headed to Japan in 11 days, so I'm going to try and find a used copy of Tomodachi Life, just to see if it plays on a US 3DS. I've heard rumors that some games are region locked. Fortunately the 1st one was not.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Big Smash Bros leak this weekend, with some new characters.

Shulk from Xenoblade, Duck Hunt dog, Dr Mario were the big ones.

spronk

FPS noob
Well, first review is in. My wife really enjoys the Japanese import of Tomodachi Collection (that's the 1st Tomodachi Life, only released in Japan).

We're headed to Japan in 11 days, so I'm going to try and find a used copy of Tomodachi Life, just to see if it plays on a US 3DS. I've heard rumors that some games are region locked. Fortunately the 1st one was not.
pretty much every 3ds game is region locked, a TL you buy in japan won't work on a US 3DS. there are some hacks to get around it but it requires specialized cards and older firmware, you are probably SOL on that

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Paid DLC PACKS announced for...

Mario Kart 8

Zelda Pack- 8 new tracks (2 cups) 4 new vehicles, 3 new characters - link, cat peach and tanooki mario... 7.99 avail november 2014
and
Animal Crossing pack- 8 tracks (2 cups) 4 new vehicles & 3 new characters isabelle villager and dry bowser...7.99 avail may 2015

OR
buy both(preorder) for 11.99 and get 8 new skins for yoshi and shy guy..starting aug 27.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, Tomadachi Collection was a Japanese game (only released in Japan) and it played fine on her US 3DS. While we're over there though, we'll stop by a game store to see if a used copy will play on her system. The worst we could do is try. If that fails, we'll just buy the US version and be happy.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The DLC for Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros., Pokemon Tekken, and Zelda 2015... sounds like someone had Nintendo finally woke up. They might as well start printing money.

I may have to get a second job just for all the Nintendo stuff coming down the pipe.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's a good move to keep interest in the game. I still enjoy playing and four new cups is a massive amount of new content. Good stuff.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Mario Kart is a game that always has long legs but this DLC sure doesn't hurt to keep interest going.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
FZERO KARTTTTTTTTTTTTT

My Waluigi might have to give up his trusty pirate ship soon.

spronk

FPS noob
The DLCs aren't yet in the eShop but if you run MK8 (update installed) there is a new Shop button at the bottom, it'll give you the free Mercedes Benz DLC and after that you can buy the new DLC packs, $12 for both. With DDP you should get back $1.20 too in eShop credit.

you also get the new skins for shy guy and yoshi installed right away, for multiplayer