Wii U

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Thought I had a 3DS thread but I can't find it.

Xenoblade Chronicles is also coming to the new 3DS, for all the stupid people who never played it on Wii/Dolphin.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
How did you hold off from getting one before now? Probably has the best library of any console/handheld over the last 3 years or so.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I have my ghostspeak amulet from runescape equipped. Go ahead vita, say your peace
tongue.png

Neph_sl

shitlord
I do most of my gaming on my phone now (hi2u Brave Frontier). But I was hesitant on picking up a 3DS because of that stupid circle pad pro. I knew they just had to be coming out with another version of the 3DS with a c-stick built in -- and here it is. I'm still not 100% sold on buying one given my limited time as it is, but since there isn't a US release date yet, I can keep waiting.

On the other hand... Pokemon, Zelda, and Bravely Default keep poking at the part of my brain deeply affected by nostalgia...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Meh, My Vita would like to have a talk with you
I have a Vita, only 2 games worth buying for me were Persona 4 Golden and Trails in the Sky (and thats a PSP game). It has a pretty disappointing library (although getting better), and it shows in sales.

3DS is a worse piece of hardware, but it's got the heavy hitters on the software front and that's what sells hardware.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah vita is beautiful hardware and terrrrrrible games, maybe like 8 that are really worth playing. 3DS is terrible hardware but amazing games - zelda, mario, bravely default, donkey kong, and now smash brothers just beat the shit out of my vita games. i barely play either though to be honest, they are just there in case there is a zombie apocalypse and i wanna have something to do while the zombies are beating at my door

but what the fuck is up with the new xenoblade ONLY working with the new 3ds, da fuq is that all about? nintendo is the one company that has always been good about letting you run shit forever on almost anything

also club nintendo posted that if you buy SSB 3ds and wii u and register them, you will get physical audio soundtrack for them. yay?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How did you hold off from getting one before now? Probably has the best library of any console/handheld over the last 3 years or so.
Actually bought mine like 2weeks ago. Not that many games I was interested in and the price never fucking goes down here in europe. Been playing it a lot though during that time, I finished Bravely Default and almost done with Etrian Odyssey 4. Have EOU and I'll probably pick up the zelda, but not too much of a fan of Fire Emblem and for the rest I don't remember anything particularily interesting. EOU2 and Bravely Second though coming at some point next year so that's nice.

On Xenoblade and the new 3DS exclusivity, apparently the new 3DS is a fairly major hardware upgrade over the current one, which is why it can actually run it. That's what they're saying at least. Dolphin Xenoblades is going to look a fuckton better regardless though. They should have made a HD Wii U version instead or some shit.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
but what the fuck is up with the new xenoblade ONLY working with the new 3ds, da fuq is that all about? nintendo is the one company that has always been good about letting you run shit forever on almost anything
It probably wouldn't run on the current 3DS, and even if it did it would require a Circle Pad Pro. They basically said in the announcement that the port was only possible because of the N3DS' higher performance.

The rumor on Neogaf is it has an extra (double) 128mb of RAM to bring it up to 256, and another 4mb of VRAM to bring it up to 12mb. That's a huge upgrade.

Actually bought mine like 2weeks ago. Not that many games I was interested in and the price never fucking goes down here in europe.
The library definitely slants in the JRPG/RPG/Puzzle/Life Simulator direction, so if you don't like those genre's you won't get the best experience. I think I have 8 or 9 RPGs on it - and a new Etrian Odyssey, Fantasy Life, Codename STEAM, and Bravely Second are coming down the pike.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Stabalized 3D would be nice but don't see myself paying Nintendo for the handheld again because they fucked up the original

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You must not buy new phones then.

The original 3DS is 4 years old, their handhelds almost always get a hardware revision about this time. It has nothing to do with "fucking up" the original - they can put in better hardware for the same cost now, and they have obviously advanced the technology in that time frame as well. Really the only valid criticism is not having the 2nd analog stick from the get-go - that was something they should have included without much foresight.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The library definitely slants in the JRPG/RPG/Puzzle/Life Simulator direction, so if you don't like those genre's you won't get the best experience. I think I have 8 or 9 RPGs on it - and a new Etrian Odyssey, Fantasy Life, Codename STEAM, and Bravely Second are coming down the pike.
Oh I love RPGs, but I don't think there's 8-9 of them, or I missed some. Bravely Default, the 2 etrian, Fire Emblem and then what? Pokemon I guess but no interest in pokemon, and zelda but not like jrpg really, more like zelda. With Bravely Second and EOU2(and potentially EOU3 if they do that remake too, and EO5 hopefully too), I'll be fine I mean, but it's not really that many.

Edit: Oh the Shin Megami Tensei I guess, I haven't really looked into them. And Persona Q is coming too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You must not buy new phones then.

The original 3DS is 4 years old, their handhelds almost always get a hardware revision about this time. It has nothing to do with "fucking up" the original - they can put in better hardware for the same cost now, and they have obviously advanced the technology in that time frame as well. Really the only valid criticism is not having the 2nd analog stick from the get-go - that was something they should have included without much foresight.
I bought the XL because the original was even more fucked up. I can't believe they're not completely abandoning ship on the 3D shit. The hype is well and over for any 3D content. The new version doesn't seem to sync to a WiiU or anything or do anything you expect a modern handheld to perform. They added a fucking knob and possible *GASP* 128 MB of RAM. Good for them forking over $5 per unit for that extra capacity.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Oh I love RPGs, but I don't think there's 8-9 of them, or I missed some. Bravely Default, the 2 etrian, Fire Emblem and then what? Pokemon I guess but no interest in pokemon, and zelda but not like jrpg really, more like zelda. With Bravely Second and EOU2(and potentially EOU3 if they do that remake too, and EO5 hopefully too), I'll be fine I mean, but it's not really that many.
Shin Megami Tensei IV, SMT Soul Hackers, Pokemon X/Y, Rune Factory 4. Also Tales of the Abyss if you never played in on PS2.

I bought the XL because the original was even more fucked up. I can't believe they're not completely abandoning ship on the 3D shit. The hype is well and over for any 3D content. The new version doesn't seem to sync to a WiiU or anything or do anything you expect a modern handheld to perform. They added a fucking knob and possible *GASP* 128 MB of RAM. Good for them forking over $5 per unit for that extra capacity.
It's just a stopgap, it's not their new mainline handheld - they won't reveal that until they unify their OS so that it's the same for both handheld and console.

Also, double the system RAM and 33% more video RAM is pretty significant. It will mostly go towards the new HTML5 browser but it's still nice.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Interesting they announce a new 3ds the same week that the Vita drops from $249 to $199.

Column_sl

shitlord
I have no idea what you guys are smoking. The Vita is great. I have around 52 games installed on it right now

Currently playing

1)Batman Blackgate
2)Every single Persona ever made ( 1-4 golden)
3) Sword Art Online
4)Xenogears
5)Soul Sacrfice Delta
6) Uncharted
7)Gravity rush
8)Toukiden
9)Wipeout 2048
10)Murmasa Rebirth
11)Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
12) Dragons Crown
13) DBZ battle for the Z
14) Freedom Wars
15) Boderlands Collection

And I have these still to play, and installed

1) Crimson Gem Saga
2)Kerika Bancho
3)Yggdra Union
4)Class of heroes
5)Rivera
6)Growlanser
7)Gungir
8)Hexyz Force
9)Monster Hunter
10)Velocity Ultra
11)Unit 13
12) Street Fighter vs Tekken
13) Sine Mora
14)Lone Survivor
15) Modnation Racers
16) Sonic Transformed
17)Dissidia
18)Worms
19) GTA
20)Hotline Miami
21) Thomas was alone
22) Surge Delux
23) Limbo
24)Sly cooper Collection
25) Blazblue
26) Terraria
27) Mutant Mudds
28) Doki Doki
29) Ragnarok ACE
30)Castle Storm
31) Fifa Soccer
32) Shooter Ultimate
33) DC Injustice
34) Sf Alpah 1-3
35)Lego marvel
36) Proteus
37) Metrico
38) Fez

Thats all on one memory card ,and I still have room.

Dont give me this shit about theres no games on the Vita, you just don't play any games..