Wii U

spronk

FPS noob
Nintendo is just banking on retards buying their hardware at this point. They announced a few days ago the new 3DS will ship in Australia in November, but not in USA or Europe until 2015 (no date). They have a Bayonetta 2 CE that is beautiful, but only 15k copies and only sold in Europe. Hyrule Warriors is out today, a LE (a scarf haha) is only available in Japan and a few copies will only be at the Nintendo store in NYC.

Its a great console with some amazing games but the company is functionally retarded. The good news is that its pretty cheap as a gamer, I'm picking up Hyrule Warriors for under $45 today (Best Buy GCU discount and Best Buy CC) and will trade it in for $40-45 to Gamestop or Best Buy after a few days, I'm not much of a Dynasty Warriors guy but it'll hold me over between Destiny and Shadows of Mordor.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hyrule Warriors just looks like a very shallow DW and all reviews say it is nothing more than fan service. Since I am not even a Zelda fan it will be an easy game to pass on for me.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Its a great console with some amazing games but the company is functionally retarded.
Yeah, Nintendo definitely has its idiosyncrasies if not outright problems. The eShop is bursting with old stuff and indie junk, there isn't enough support for online multiplayer, and my Wii U will be out of storage and in need of an external drive by the time Bayonetta 2 releases.

But how much can I really complain if by the end of 2014 I have a Wii U downloaded with Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Super Smash Bros., and Bayonetta 1 and 2? Even Tekken T3 and Just Dance are decent to have around on disc.

Tropical Breeze might actually be better than Mario World 3D...

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hyrule Warriors just looks like a very shallow DW and all reviews say it is nothing more than fan service. Since I am not even a Zelda fan it will be an easy game to pass on for me.
Are you implying that DW itself has depth?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are you implying that DW itself has depth?
No. So imagine ashallowDW!

What I mean is DW has iterated and added content ontop of the previous version's content and now there is a ton packed in there. There is empire management now, weapon selections, RPG mechanics and various other things. Apparently Hyrule Warriors is more like DW3 where it is just a handful of characters with unique movesets and a handful of maps.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's literally Dynasty Warriors with Zelda-skin, which is all it's billed as. The Adventure mode looks cool though.

spronk

FPS noob
picked up my copy, played for 2 hours, gonna trade it in. Just not my kinda game, never liked Tower defense games nor dynasty warrior mass enemy games and as man says, this is basically DW with zelda skins. Adventure mode is cool though, you sort of recreate a zelda classic but with map defense mode for each chess square (its weird but cool).

gamestop is running 30% trade in bonus for Pro members this weekend if you trade towards Call of Duty Kevin Spacey, $35 base so should trade in for $50

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Smash will be out November 21. Same day as Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
giphy.gif

Going to be so much old school Smash Bros at Thanksgiving!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Dear god i didn't realize the 21st is also pokemon release day!
I'm going full man child mode that day

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I get this vibe that the GameCube controller is going to be controller of choice for Wii u smash... Is that the case? Been over a decade since I held one, but I remember hating it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
for melee/older players most likely.. i can see the pro controller working pretty well though, but it's definitely going to be between those 2 for sure.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
There is going to be a new GameCube controller + Adapter bundle for the Wii U. The Pro controller is pretty boss though.

Siliconemelons

There is going to be a new GameCube controller + Adapter bundle for the Wii U. The Pro controller is pretty boss though.
Wavebirds for the win yo..

I am a outliner, I always hated the stupid yellow c-stick analog stick on the gamecube controller and using it as the right analog stick for FPS games was terribad