Wii U

Quaid

Trump's Staff
its not really a surprise but the GC controller thingie that Nintendo is releasing with SSBU is only going to work with ... SSBU
Nintendo now says the GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U only works with Smash Bros. - Nintendo Everything

Nintendo really must hate money. No Wii U SSBU bundle announced a month before game launches. No CE. The GC controllers wont work with older/other games.
They are borderline retarded. If it weren't for their wonderful IPs built on the backs of fucking giants, Nintendo would be history by now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm going to just use the Pro controller/WiiU tablet. The GC controller is not designed for someone with huge hands.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm assuming to build off muscle memory for people who heavily played Brawl. Wouldn't make sense to force your muscles to learn different actions for no reason.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo really must hate money. No Wii U SSBU bundle announced a month before game launches. No CE. The GC controllers wont work with older/other games.
They are borderline retarded. If it weren't for their wonderful IPs built on the backs of fucking giants, Nintendo would be history by now.
GC Controllers only have 1 shoulder button don't they? Would be pretty hard for them to work on other games released on Wii U without patching them all. That's a lot of extra work to add in a new control scheme for every possible title.

It's an option for people who really want to use their old controllers for Smash 4 - they could have just not given that option at all. People really will look for the dumbest thing to spew some Nintendo hate.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Gamecube has the Z button on the top right shoulder as well, so i guess it's technically 3 on the shoulders.. but yeah, why would you get butthurt over that? It's like getting mad that the duckhunt gun is only usable for duckhunt or something

It's made to appeal to the hardcore smash community, nothing more.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Right, the Z button is the single shoulder button, then you have the 2 triggers.

The Gamepad, Pro controller, and Classic Pro, etc all have 2 shoulder and 2 trigger like most other modern consoles.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That game could be alright. But it's just a mini-game from the 3D Mario.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's going to get mega reviews - most the talk from journalists have said it could be a GOTY if it wasn't on the Wii U (because more limited audience).

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Gamespot and destructiod gave bayonetta 2 -----10 s
Polygon 7.5

Metacritic sitting around 91

Demo is fun

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From people who played the japanese version, it's one of the best gam released in the past few years, but yeah, Wii U. Then again from what I read the game wouldn't have been finished anyway if Nintendo didn't come and throw some money at them, so it's not like the exclusivity deal is killing them. I'd get it if I didn't need to get a Wii U first. I'll get it if they release like a new zelda and/or metroid on Wii U and it gives me reason to buy the console for more than one game.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The console has a bunch of quality games (It has 17 games with a score over 85 on Metacritic, compared to 7 for PS4 and 5 for Xbox1), even has another Platinum game that is awesome - Wonderful 101.

But yeah, Nintendo paid for the whole game - Kamiya said they had started development on it but Sega (or any other publisher they went to) didn't want to give them the money to finish it. Nintendo is the only reason Bayonetta 2 exists.