Wii U

Needless

Toe Sucker
I forgot how absolutely retarded nintendo is when it comes to nintendo ID's and being attached to a console.

Having to call them and waiting 2-5 business days to get my NNID off my ex's wii u so i can attach it to my new one is retaaaaarded

spronk

FPS noob
the new nintendo system has nothing to do with current account libraries, its just a rewards system like the old club nintendo or DDP. basically get back 10% of stuff you buy (digitally, not physical games) as points to redeem for more digital stuff. thats phase 1 anyways, i'm sure eventually they want to turn into a modern day PSN/xbox live/etc account system with roaming profiles but thats not going to happen till next year, and may never work on 3ds/wii u.

the announcement is likely minecraft wii u

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
the new nintendo system has nothing to do with current account libraries, its just a rewards system like the old club nintendo or DDP. basically get back 10% of stuff you buy (digitally, not physical games) as points to redeem for more digital stuff. thats phase 1 anyways, i'm sure eventually they want to turn into a modern day PSN/xbox live/etc account system with roaming profiles but thats not going to happen till next year, and may never work on 3ds/wii u.

the announcement is likely minecraft wii u
Nah there's two parts to the new system - the rewards part and the new account part. Only the new reward system is being rolled out at the moment but I guarantee the NX account system they are working on will be similar to Sony/MS ones.

spronk

FPS noob
best buy is running a B1 G 40% off second game all next week on all Nintendo games, 3DS and Wii U, plus 10% off eShop cards

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nah there's two parts to the new system - the rewards part and the new account part. Only the new reward system is being rolled out at the moment but I guarantee the NX account system they are working on will be similar to Sony/MS ones.
So...

Get us some Zelda NX Screenshots please.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I assume the answer here is "lol no" but I bought my cousin the MK Wii U bundle. It comes with MK pre-installed on the machine. But I did some thinking and remembered he often times brings his games over to his uncle's house to play. They don't have a Wii U yet but I assume they'll buy one for their house as well. Is it possible to put the digital copy on a thumb drive and move the digital content around like that? Or would his uncle also need to buy the MK bundle so he could play Mario Kart at both places?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Games are tied to accounts.

Accounts are tied to consoles.

Pretty sure that's how it works.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah digital content is attached to the console itself, you would have to buy another copy unfortunately.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah I always buy the disc versions for the Wii U because of that reason right there, then I can always take the games with me or sell them later on if I want to (I never seem to though).

you would think they would offer a discount for the digital versions, but its the same damn money, which is bullshit in my opinion. Hell if your console breaks or if you buy a 2nd Wii U for some reason I think you'd have a hard time getting your digital games from one onto the other, especially given the state of them not really having any kind of master / online account system right now.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
yeah I always buy the disc versions for the Wii U because of that reason right there, then I can always take the games with me or sell them later on if I want to (I never seem to though).

you would think they would offer a discount for the digital versions, but its the same damn money, which is bullshit in my opinion. Hell if your console breaks or if you buy a 2nd Wii U for some reason I think you'd have a hard time getting your digital games from one onto the other, especially given the state of them not really having any kind of master / online account system right now.
No game publisher sells digital versions for cheaper really - they don't want to piss off brick and mortar retailers.

You can move your digital content/account pretty easily if you have both Wii U's (old and new) as there is a transfer process built in. If it breaks (unlikely for Nintendo hardware) you just to call Nintendo and they will likely fix it for free or move your content/account to a new Wii U and send it back. If it's stolen, call Nintendo with your Wii U's serial number (if you registered with hardware to your Nintendo.com account, the serial # is on there) and they will disable/move the account to new a new Wii U.

Really the only time people get in trouble is if you sell your Wii U without disconnecting the account from it and then buy another Wii U later and realize your screwed.

Tenks

The system sucks dick I'm not sure how you can defend it. If I log into a computer with my Steam account I can download/install/play anything I want. With the Wii U I'm locked into hardware. I think even with PSN I can download and install it on 3 devices or some shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its two devices on PSN and its kinda complicated on there as well. My kids have a playstation 4 and so do I. Their playstation 4 is set as the primary playstation 4, so that their sub accounts can share all my games. Then my ps4 is set as the secondary ps4, and only my account can play the games on there.

Its stupid.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The system sucks dick I'm not sure how you can defend it. If I log into a computer with my Steam account I can download/install/play anything I want. With the Wii U I'm locked into hardware. I think even with PSN I can download and install it on 3 devices or some shit.
Not defending it, just clearing up the misinformation that all your digital content is lost if you break/stolen/new Wii U.

That's one of the reasons Nintendo is partnering with DeNA - to revamp their account system for NX. Nintendo didn't have much in the way of a network infrastructure or web systems development division like I'm sure Microsoft and Sony have to leverage that sort of expertise. Saying they were behind the times on online infrastructure is a huge understatement.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, we're only about two years removed from this hilarity.Itt Use Xbox Live, Says Dev

Hopefully the NX is at least up to par with previous generation expectations of an online network and account system.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I got Yoshi's Woolly World for Xmas and I'm really enjoying it. The best thing is that it's an awesome co-op game, so I've been playing it with my girlfriend. She's not a gamer at all, but she loves the cutesy graphics and the controls are simple enough that she's able to enjoy it.

I actually really like playing co-op as well, because it adds a lot of challenge to the game. There's full contact between the two players, so there is lots of knocking each other into pits, bouncing on heads, and eating/pooping each other.

Tenks

Got Wooly as well and my wife loves it. So far I haven't encountered much of a challenge but I just beat world 1.