Wii U

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I need some non-Nintendo-franchise game recommendations. My only gaming systems are the PC and Wii U, and I feel like I'm missing out on some console games.

I have either bought or plan to buy all of the primary Nintendo franchise/Wii U exclusive games (Mario games, Yoshi, Kirby, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, etc.). I'm looking for some solid third party games (i.e., may be available on other consoles and/or PC) that are worth picking up on the Wii U. I'm especially interested in games that might also be available for PC, but are way more fun to play on a console (for example, fighting games and platformers).

Any suggestions? I have a feeling the list is going to be pretty small.

spronk

FPS noob
nintendo's account system is live for NA
Nintendo Account

doesn't really do anything yet, just lets you make an account and link it to your existing NNID (3ds/wii u). progress though, now at last nintendo has entered the 21st century

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So is the Wii U just becoming an HD re-release platform now? Just received word that they're going to be releasing an HD Twilight Princess. I'll probably buy it because I'm a shill and that's one of my favorite Zeldas, but still. This is by far the most disappointed I've been in buying a Nintendo console. Despite my love for Nintendo first party games, it's getting to the point where it's hard to justify buying a Nintendo console.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah that is my feelings. Their first party games are great, but few and far between. Hard to justify upgrading every console cycle.

Hell Wii U might not even get a new Zelda game before the next console is released

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, is there really a Starfox WiiU game coming out this month? How is this not a bigger deal?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
For something to be a big deal, more than 100 people have to own the console.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
It does look a bit dated, but who cares? Nintendo has always placed gameplay over anything else. And that's literally the only reason I own this system. If you're truly concerned about graphics you're in the wrong thread.

spronk

FPS noob
x-release on wii u and NX

z2dHy2l.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
but bro that's the star fox way.

I bought it and like it so far. Get ready for some forced motion control shit though, that's the worst of it. Not so much in flight, but when you get on the little walker thing it's a real pain in the ass. I hear there's a nice Iwata tribute in the end.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, read that in one of the reviews, even when disabled you still have to use motion controls?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
but bro that's the star fox way.

I bought it and like it so far. Get ready for some forced motion control shit though, that's the worst of it. Not so much in flight, but when you get on the little walker thing it's a real pain in the ass. I hear there's a nice Iwata tribute in the end.
Yeah, that's why I didn't buy it. I'm over the motion controls. If only Nintendo would put more work into making the "second" screen useful on WiiU instead of the stupid motion controls.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that's why I didn't buy it. I'm over the motion controls. If only Nintendo would put more work into making the "second" screen useful on WiiU instead of the stupid motion controls.
I agree. I really wanted this game until I found out in the reviews that the game only uses motion controls. So disappointed. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's super cheap. If ever that happens.