Wii U

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo games hold their value very well, although Wonderful 101 doesn't really qualify there as it's 2nd party at best. Still a great game if you like that genre.

Szlia

I dunno I heard Suikoden 2 is like 700 dollars on ebay (or maybe it was amazon)

Suikoden 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.
Several US versions are up on eBay and they are $140ish. Maybe it's the japanese version that is expensive?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Several US versions are up on eBay and they are $140ish. Maybe it's the japanese version that is expensive?
I dunno.

140s still pretty good for a ps1 era title.

Wish I hadn't sold mine all those years ago.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Xenoblade isn't even 4 years old yet and it goes for $80ish - how good a game it is didn't become known to most gamers until later.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone looking to pick a Wii U up I'm looking to offload mine to someone on the cheap, just send a PM.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I said the same thing, bro. They won't listen.

It'll be a 700 dollar game on Ebay one day.
I don't think that applies when it's sold as a digital download. Actually I havent checked the nintendo store, do they have it on there? That's how I picked up Monster Hunter 3 or whatever it's called. But I couldn't get into that, maybe I didn't give it a fair shake...

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't think that applies when it's sold as a digital download. Actually I havent checked the nintendo store, do they have it on there? That's how I picked up Monster Hunter 3 or whatever it's called. But I couldn't get into that, maybe I didn't give it a fair shake...
All MH games start slow and then it's constantly big fights. It can get grindy at times but if you haven't given it at least a few hours you haven't played the real game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't know why it looks so fucking good but it does. Its like Classic Mario meets Galaxy 1 and 2.

The version on the 3ds is amazing as well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So I just discovered the Wii U internet browser plays Twitch streams with no restrictions!

I know I tried this back when I bought it and it didn't work - pretty huge.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
(long time lurker) so I still can't decide between a 3DS and a WII -U.

I specifically want either one for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Having read the pro's and con's for each in their various threads I still am having a hard time based one one small fact.

The 3DS does not have the ability to go online like the WII-U and therefor cannot connect to the online portion of the game that the WII-U can. From what I can gather it simply requires other 3DS players to be nearby to 'sync up' as it were. I doubt there are many near me with a 3DS sync'ing let alone playing monster hunter.

So What I am looking for is convincing one way or the other based on available games(that don't suck) and maybe bits about either version of MH3U that I may have missed to pick one over the other.

thoughts?

Sean_sl

shitlord
(long time lurker) so I still can't decide between a 3DS and a WII -U.

I specifically want either one for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Having read the pro's and con's for each in their various threads I still am having a hard time based one one small fact.

The 3DS does not have the ability to go online like the WII-U and therefor cannot connect to the online portion of the game that the WII-U can. From what I can gather it simply requires other 3DS players to be nearby to 'sync up' as it were. I doubt there are many near me with a 3DS sync'ing let alone playing monster hunter.

So What I am looking for is convincing one way or the other based on available games(that don't suck) and maybe bits about either version of MH3U that I may have missed to pick one over the other.

thoughts?
If all you care about is MH3U, then the WiiU is a better choice. However, right now the 3DS has anamazinglibrary and the WiiU does not. I'm personally picking up a Zelda 3DS XL on the 22nd and waiting until the WiiU's library builds up more (probably when X comes out) to get one.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
If all you care about is MH3U, then the WiiU is a better choice. However, right now the 3DS has anamazinglibrary and the WiiU does not. I'm personally picking up a Zelda 3DS XL on the 22nd and waiting until the WiiU's library builds up more (probably when X comes out) to get one.
Thanks for the response!

My primary reason for the purchase either way is indeed MH3U, but having other games to play to mix it up a strong contender too. I'd say they are about on par depending on the 'other games'. Besides Pokemon X/Y(mild interest) and Zelda(much higher interest) I've seen no other titles that really grab my attention.(what games would those be? my interests seem to align frequently with most folks here over the years)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If it's solely for MH3U, it has to be the Wii U version. I easily have 200+ hours into that game and it's because the online multiplayer is so fun. If you lived in Japan the 3DS version makes more sense (though they have all switched to MH4 by now) since you can local connect to way more people.

The 3DS has the better game library in every other way though. Mostly because Nintendo was busy making games to shore up the 3DS library when the Wii U was released and they were/are far behind in getting first party games out for the Wii U.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo: Wii U sales up 87 percent from last quarter, but still hurting profits | Examiner.com

Nintendo reported that sales of the Wii U increase from by 87 percent from the previous quarter, though the console is still hurting the video game giant's profits, according to a report today from VG 24/7.

Harvested by Eurogamer, the report given to investors said thatNintendo pushed out 300,000 Wii U units from July to September and 460,000 in the last six months.

However, one prominent investor said the Wii U's performance has hurt profits for Nintendo.

"The Wii U hardware still has a negative impact on Nintendo's profits," the investor said.

Wii U software, on the other hand, has certainly done its part to increase revenues, up 400 percent in Q2 on the heels of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3.

Sales of the 3DS, however, did not fare as well, down 22 percent in the quarter.

The handheld console pushed out 3.89 million units from July until September -- totaling 34.98 million units since it launched -- while software sales totaled 27.38 million units.
Wii U's games aren't up to par, Nintendo admits | CNET

Nintendo has admitted the choice of games on its Wii U console isn't as good as it should be. The company's head honcho deemed that the titles released so far wouldn't convince gamers to upgrade from the original Wii.

Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata made the confession during the company's financial results briefing for the second quarter. While bigging up new and upcoming titles like Super Mario 3D World and Wii Party U, Iwata admitted: "On the other hand, except for its backward compatibility with existing Wii software and accessories, we have so far failed to make propositions worthy of Wii U's position as a successor to the Wii system."
Nintendo is kinda just relying on 3DS/2DS for sales at present time. Wii U has been such a big disappointment.

Shit is just going to get worse when PS4 and Xbone is released.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
If it's solely for MH3U, it has to be the Wii U version. I easily have 200+ hours into that game and it's because the online multiplayer is so fun. If you lived in Japan the 3DS version makes more sense (though they have all switched to MH4 by now) since you can local connect to way more people.

The 3DS has the better game library in every other way though. Mostly because Nintendo was busy making games to shore up the 3DS library when the Wii U was released and they were/are far behind in getting first party games out for the Wii U.
Yeah this is what my dilemma is, I love MH, probably my favorite game and the online part is really what makes the game that much more interesting, but the 3DS has sooo many more titles, GOOD titles no less. It's quite discouraging for me because I can't have both(funds). That and the pricetag is much higher on the WII-U
frown.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fire Emblem: Awakening is the biggest one by far.

There's also Kingdom Hearts DDD, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Starfox 64 3D, to name a few.

Bravely Default is also coming soon.

List of Nintendo 3DS games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are you sure SMT Devil Survivor 2 is out on 3ds? I mean I know you can play the Ds version on the 3ds, but they remade Devil Survivor 1 for 3ds but I have yet to see Devil Survivor 2 on 3ds. Would love someone to point me to where I can buy it.