Wii U

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Good to know, thanks Spronk.

Pretty much only got it since it was ~40% it's retail price and want one for Bayonetta and Zelda next year and MH3U now but was considering some of the Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword fun, doesn't sound worth it though from that.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Mario Galaxy games are badass. Skyward Sword is a huge disappointment. Easily the worst Zelda in a long time. I even liked Majora's Mask more.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I liked Skyward Sword, only thing that bugged me was the constant tutorials and discovery text. Probably hinges on if you like motion control.

As for other must have Wii games - Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Last Story.

Siliconemelons

I liked Skyward Sword, only thing that bugged me was the constant tutorials and discovery text. Probably hinges on if you like motion control.

As for other must have Wii games - Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Last Story.
Metroid Prime is a must, the 2nd and 3rd game are okay- but MP has so much classic yet new Metroid and visuals and atmosphere to spare - and HD remake of that game would be a pinnical of gaming. I pref the gamecube non motion controls.

Skyward sword got lost in itself, the fact that there was still a lot back lore / tons of history etc. was dumb for an origin story- it was slightly excused but pfft... it would have been better making the lore and experiencing the history rather than- what to me felt like a standard Zelda adventure...not an exploration of where it all started... and the motion controls lost it for me- it would have been just as good game without--- play the Nintendo Land Zelda mini game, stick your damn arm in the air a few dozen times, gratz you just experienced skyward swords final battle.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still haven't bought a next gen console but man, $200 Wii-U is tempting especially after watching some Mario Kart 8 streams.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I just finished playing through wind waker HD, and I am surprised at how often I would get frame rate slowdowns.

And on the game itself, it's pretty good except for the sailing shit. Too bad the sailing shit is 75% of the game.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Got a WiiU super mario bros bundle for my birthday. Wife picked up Mario Kart and it's awesome. So much fun. My girls love to play it too. At first I felt like oh no this is gonna be kiddy crap but damn.. it's a lot more fun than I thought! Also, can't wait for ssmb.

spronk

FPS noob
happy meals at mcdonalds now include mario kart 8 toys

MarioKart8HappyMeal2.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
for those new to playing mario kart, some probably obvious tips to vets i've found improved my game a ton

- press drift (right bumpers on pro) when going over jumps and obstacles etc to get a tiny speed boost (your character will do a yipee animation)
- at start, hold down accel (a) when 2 appears to get a boost at start (small chance of fizzle)
- collect and hold 10 coins to improve speed slightly
- if you are #1 spot get a shell or banana and hold left bumper to make it a back shield
- only way to block blue shell though is with a well timed airhorn prize (or falling off side)
- you can knock people off in the air between islands, they get really fucked with a lot of wasted time for respawn

going from first to last within sight of the finish line is always pretty amazing

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
So I now have MK8, Windwaker, MH3U, Wonderful 101 and SMBU and still have to grab Donkey Kong and Mario 3d and that's about all I actually want until Bayonetta in october but I'm wondering is Zombie U is worth picking up for $20. Gameplay looks like it could be interesting but I'm not sure if interesting equals fun.

Senelgor_sl

shitlord
- at start, hold down accel (a) when 2 appears to get a boost at start (small chance of fizzle)
Got the timing wrong if you're fizzling. The moment the 2 bottoms out that's your cue to mash the accelerator. Any sooner and you fizzle.

So I now have MK8, Windwaker, MH3U, Wonderful 101 and SMBU and still have to grab Donkey Kong and Mario 3d and that's about all I actually want until Bayonetta in october but I'm wondering is Zombie U is worth picking up for $20. Gameplay looks like it could be interesting but I'm not sure if interesting equals fun.
Zombie U has a demo on the eShop. For me, interesting did not equal a whole lot of fun in this case but it's worth trying at least.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Just had 2 of my friends over for more Mario 3D world. Holy crap this game is king. We didn't even mention turning on the ps3/ps4 to play games

koljec_sl

shitlord
for those new to playing mario kart, some probably obvious tips to vets i've found improved my game a ton

- if you are #1 spot get a shell or banana and hold left bumper to make it a back shield
* If you accelerate right when 2 appears, you wil spin out -- instead accelerating when Lakitu's hand animates upward after 2 -- the visual cue is much more reliable.

* I haven't tested this, but some Neogaf players seem to believe that you should only move the shell or banana behind you when there is an incoming attack -- otherwise it just drags and slows you down.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
* If you accelerate right when 2 appears, you wil spin out -- instead accelerating when Lakitu's hand animates upward after 2 -- the visual cue is much more reliable.

* I haven't tested this, but some Neogaf players seem to believe that you should only move the shell or banana behind you when there is an incoming attack -- otherwise it just drags and slows you down.
I haven't experienced the latter. Other than it being annoying having to hold the button down the entire time.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it's more annoying that they changed it from Mario Kart 64 where holding an item would take it out of your 'inventory' so that you could have another. I liked that feature.