Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm actually shocked they haven't gone for the standard pre-order beta invite route yet.
Yeah, I hope they do it soon. I seriously want to try this...pre-order for beta sounds good to me.

I actually looked into buying a key, but it looks like there is way too many fraud since the key is tied to the email account. People just reset the password, and get the account back.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well FFXIV doesn't really have a NDA anymore anyway, just you can't post music or videos but you can post screens and discuss anything. Last time there was some shit about NDAs in here though FFXIV was still under and people were breaking it here and there. There was the TESO thread too but none of the shit breaking the NDA made any sense and I don't think anyone gave a fuck but that guy who wanted the game to be good. Not that it matters too much. I guess the rule of "NDA breaks shouldn't originate from here" isn't like crazy nazi shit, it's really not that hard to follow. Guess I'm biased though because at this point I don't really give a fuck about Wildstar info until I get into beta(and obviously then I won't care either), game seems so far and missing still a large amount of content so can't really get excited about it.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Well FFXIV doesn't really have a NDA anymore anyway, just you can't post music or videos but you can post screens and discuss anything. Last time there was some shit about NDAs in here though FFXIV was still under and people were breaking it here and there. There was the TESO thread too but none of the shit breaking the NDA made any sense and I don't think anyone gave a fuck but that guy who wanted the game to be good. Not that it matters too much. I guess the rule of "NDA breaks shouldn't originate from here" isn't like crazy nazi shit, it's really not that hard to follow. Guess I'm biased though because at this point I don't really give a fuck about Wildstar info until I get into beta(and obviously then I won't care either), game seems so far and missing still a large amount of content so can't really get excited about it.
I'm not referring to FFXIV specifically.

It's just stupid to get so anal about NDA leaks when it's only enforced on games the owner of the site has a hardon for.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

It's just stupid to get so anal about NDA leaks when it's only enforced on games the owner of the site has a hardon for.
So, you'd be happier if the hammer was dropped on other threads?

Give him a break. Be thankful for leaks where you can get em.
smile.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
His leak rules really aren't that bad. As long as it doesn't originate here you can talk about it. Only thing we miss out is the occasional "game is meh" or similar post. The real meat of leaks like data mining and stuff is going to be found on reddit/4chan/betacake first anyway.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
FFXIV is a shitty case because they put out a game that sucked, really bad, and basically stole everyone's money. They want an NDA? Meh. Every other thread should respect the NDA though.

DMK_sl

shitlord

His site his rules to be honest. Damn draegan for wanting HIS site to keep it clean about a game he likes what a selfish ass hole. He doesn't deserve the right to make rules here. It's not an unreasonable request it's simply the way he'd like things done at the moment. Some peoples entitlement these days...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why are people making video all horrible players?

Just watched a 90 minutes leaked video from beta from a guy who obviously had no clue there was an NDA since he left the watermark on.

While you can see a lot of stuff, he's an horrible player...he's also French and sadly for me that's my primary language and so I could understand what he was saying, just trust me on this...you do not want to understand him, he's an idiot.
smile.png

He doesn't understand English, so he had no clue how things worked, what all the messages meant etc...so he is totally lost. I am not sure he'd be better I'd the game was in French though, he's really an idiot.

After about 30 mins I had to watch it in fast forward because it was so bad, almost made me dislike the game.

So if you see a 1.6gb download for a leaked video of gameplay...don't bother with it, there isn't much new and it's bad.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Why are people making video all horrible players?
I said the same shit to myself watching SimCity videos beforehand. People suck so hard. Like I'd see a problem in their cities and just waited around for them to see it. It took one guy like 13 minutes and 2 natural disasters to figure out something was wrong while the game tried to alert him with advisors. With Wildstar I originally thought people getting hit by the "telegraphs" was to show you what happens when you do get hit, but now I think that is less of a factor than how bad they are.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's funny is gaming "journalists" who are awful at games. Like how? Why? But... Why?

Other than that there is a large amount of people who are just terrible at games, a lot of which are the true definition of casual, playing games 30mins a week or some shit, it's the kind of people video games on "super easy" are balanced for and even that they find challenging. If you check youtube "Let's play" type videos you see so many of them, you wonder how they managed to figure out how to record videos and upload them on youtube yet can't play the most basic games. A decent bunch of those are mmos too.