Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Are you fucking Skip Bayless? I swear you find the dumbest possible position to have on a subject and just go full retard. It is a FACT that if you take two players of equal skill and have one keyboard turn and one use a mouse, the keyboard turner is going to lose.
Lol. My position is always the most intelligent position. Your position on fucking "turning" of all things is one of the most retarded things I've ever read. How the hell is turning faster going to help you in something like EQ? You people are just so simple minded. If a game needs fast turning, I turn fast. If it doesn't, I make do with keyboard turning because I can. It's also the way all games worked in the 80's and 90's before mouse look was even a thing. So it's second nature to me, and I'm probably just as fast on the keys are you are with a mouse anyway - seeing as you can often configure keyboard based turn speed.

As for winning and losing, pick a game, I'll wupp all your asses at it. It'll be fun watching you try to make excuses about how grandpa qwerty ran rings around all you kids.

Every MMO encounter with a "Don't stand in red stuff" mechanic (So, you know, practically every modern MMO encounter) says you're wrong.
I'm not wrong at all. These dumbass modern MMO encounters give you all day to move out of the bad stuff. I could control it with my nose and still do just fine.

The sad thing is... any professional standard games player would know I am 100% right. Say in Rift, some rogue gets up behind me, I right click and spin around in a split second, job done. But the majority of time, I keep my enemies in front of me so I don't need to turn... which means I don't need to even have my right mouse button held down, which means that all fingers and hands are free to be doing more important things - like laying the smackdown, and instantly targetting the healer in a crowd, which is what you noobs should be doing. A good player can adapt. All this "clicking sux" talk is for amateurs.

because it has the most ridiculously high level of fail for such an easy encounter) is the Heigan encounter in Naxxrammas in WoW. To avoid poison explosions, you had to follow a simple pattern that involved running to one side of the room and then... wait for it... *turning around* and running back the other way.
OMG BRO DUDE MAN BRO! HOW TEH HELLZ DID U GUYZ COPE WITH ALL THAT RUNNING AND MOVING AND TURNING AND THINGS?! DUuuude you old WoW players are so advanced!

Seeing as this was once a Wildstar thread, I feel the need to reiterate that practically the entirety of Wildstar's combat mechanics seem to involve "Don't stand in red stuff".
The entire gameplay of this game will be based on running from oh-so conveniently placed waist high obstacle, to oh-so conveniently placed waist high obstacle. -------> because that's just the extent of what this modern Gears of War type moron gamer can handle.

It's pretty clear based on observed behaviour and your reputation comments that it's pointless actually discussing this with you though, so I'm just going to disengage now.
Too late. But yeah great idea relying on the oh so dependable reputation comments. You halfwit.

You can't win if you don't play...
I've played everything. That's how I know so much. Not only that, but when you have played 50 different fps's and tps's, you've played them all.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In a shooter it's all about fast turning, someone runs up behind you with a shotgun, unless you can turn 180 degrees and shoot in a split second, you're dead.MMO's aren't like that.
ITT shotgun theorycraft, one-shotting anyone with backstab bonus because Hollywood said so.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is kinda dumb "Oh lord he clicks and plays in a style unacceptable to me!"...stupid. Who cares as long as they get the job done, you guys seem kinda retarded. I hope this isnt the route that all gamers are headed in. i remember this type of topic in wow general chat.....scary to see it on the forums as well.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's because the majority of the time clickers are not the same, and aren't as good. If they are as good, they more power to them. I don't care at that point.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is kinda dumb "Oh lord he clicks and plays in a style unacceptable to me!"...stupid. Who cares as long as they get the job done, you guys seem kinda retarded. I hope this isnt the route that all gamers are headed in. i remember this type of topic in wow general chat.....scary to see it on the forums as well.
Pretty sure it's not "he plays different" and it's more of a "he's saying keyboard turning and mouse turning are equal in an mmo due to nothing happening fast"

On the same note, if you think keyboard turning gets the job done as well or at least "good enough" then you should probably start thinking about it along the lines of "it's the same as console co-op but the other player is missing one thumb joystick and is playing with the controller upside down but is pushing buttons like it is right side up"

it shouldn't be scary....it should be common sense

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should totally let hardcore raiders and pro pvpers play lvl20 questing demos, that would create a terrific buzz comes M+0 boxes sales.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lol. My position is always the most intelligent position. Your position on fucking "turning" of all things is one of the most retarded things I've ever read. How the hell is turning faster going to help you in something like EQ? You people are just so simple minded. If a game needs fast turning, I turn fast. If it doesn't, I make do with keyboard turning because I can. It's also the way all games worked in the 80's and 90's before mouse look was even a thing. So it's second nature to me, and I'm probably just as fast on the keys are you are with a mouse anyway - seeing as you can often configure keyboard based turn speed.
We had one guy who generally did poorly at damage avoidance in raids (flames, void zones, lasers etc got him a lot). I was studying a replay and noticed he was keyboard turning and started talking shit about it. His friend then told me the guy only had one arm. Feels bad man =\

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think his points stand. You never had to turn in EQ so all turning in life is meaningless and if you sneak up behind him he'll take you out with a wicked spin kick WAPA PAPA PAP PAP POW!!!

Also, he's Jimmy from "The Wizard"

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
We had one guy who generally did poorly at damage avoidance in raids (flames, void zones, lasers etc got him a lot). His friend then told me the guy only had one arm. Feels bad man =\
So he should be treated special because of his handicap?

After watching the above I have 0 respect for guys that stand in fire and cite "body issues" as the reason. You lost a limb, yes I agree it sucks but using that as the basis for "why" you suck is bullshit. You suck because you have ZERO awareness (quite possibly why you lost a limb? *sarcasm off*) not having a limb DOES hamper you in a way but is NOT the reason you can't avoid shit.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
But LoL takes no skill whatsoever.

If you're going to keyboard turn, you should just find a way to hook up your xbox controller or something. You have the same disadvantage using a controller as you would keyboard turning.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ultimately as people said, it's the result that matters. Clicking and keyboard turning is not as as efficient and key binding and mouse turning though...but a skilled clicker probably will be better then a bad mouser turner. It's not just about the control method, but also of skills.

Generally speaking though, the 2 kinda go hand in hand as the most skilled players will chose the most efficient method. Clicking is easier to learn then key binding. Honestly until the naga came along, I was a clicker, with just a few key bind, never really got my hands around the hitting all those keys.
smile.png
. I never keyboard turned though.

It is indeed totally retarded, like most of the people on this forum. The problem is, most people don't like to go against the grain. So if you find a forum of old school or retro gamers, anyone who talks about loving modern games is an outcast. But you find a forum like this, where everyone is a fucking idiot, the admin is a HUGE fucking idiot, then everyone sucks each others cocks over with the same stupid behaviour as the admin.

We had one guy who generally did poorly at damage avoidance in raids (flames, void zones, lasers etc got him a lot). I was studying a replay and noticed he was keyboard turning and started talking shit about it. His friend then told me the guy only had one arm. Feels bad man =\
Luckily WoW is tuned for one armed people.

Ultimately as people said, it's the result that matters.
No - not people. I am the only one who said that. The one person here with some sense amongst a bunch of blissful morons.

It's because the majority of the time clickers are not the same, and aren't as good. If they are as good, they more power to them. I don't care at that point.
You DO care because I am one of those people and I even offered to prove it with any game, but you would rather just silence me. You care enough to be a biased fucking idiot. I get attacked constantly by people and you enjoy that. But when I fight back you just silence me. Half your posts are utter shit but when you don't like something I say, it's an infraction for "bad posting".

The saddest thing of all, is that I thought you were a stupid 20 something dude bro kid. But I looked you up and found that you are a chubby middle aged old fuck. And yet you STILL behave like a total fucking idiot. Have some fucking shame for once in your nerdy shitty 42 year old virgin life.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well this is escalating quickly. My anecdote is that I have a very close friend and discovered he's a clicker when I stayed at his house one night. Amazingly, he'd done awesome dps in wow for years which is one game where, especially now, clicking dps is obvious. However, a lot of other things in arenas, heroic raids, etc starting making sense. He was just good enough to mask if most times. He never keyboard turned that I saw and would use some hybrid style when it called for it. Takes exceptional reflexes to click and be serviceable on the high end.

DMK_sl

shitlord
It is indeed totally retarded, like most of the people on this forum. The problem is, most people don't like to go against the grain. So if you find a forum of old school or retro gamers, anyone who talks about loving modern games is an outcast. But you find a forum like this, where everyone is a fucking idiot, the admin is a HUGE fucking idiot, then everyone sucks each others cocks over with the same stupid behaviour as the admin.

Luckily WoW is tuned for one armed people.

No - not people. I am the only one who said that. The one person here with some sense amongst a bunch of blissful morons.

You DO care because I am one of those people and I even offered to prove it with any game, but you would rather just silence me. You care enough to be a biased fucking idiot. I get attacked constantly by people and you enjoy that. But when I fight back you just silence me. Half your posts are utter shit but when you don't like something I say, it's an infraction for "bad posting".

The saddest thing of all, is that I thought you were a stupid 20 something dude bro kid. But I looked you up and found that you are a chubby middle aged old fuck. And yet you STILL behave like a total fucking idiot. Have some fucking shame for once in your nerdy shitty 42 year old virgin life.
Edit: Jimmies were ruslted.