Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pvping in Tera right now, I actually hate this combat it is god awful.
Played TERA until level 7 or 8 when I realized most skills lock your character to the ground and you have to wait for the animation to finish. It was a horrible feel, like watching a F1 race in a stroboscope.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Y'all be crazy, Tera combat is the best to date. Some of the best MMO fun I've ever had was berserker PVP in that game. Really a shame there just wasn't/isn't (or is there now?) anything to do endgame.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game would be way more interesting to me if everyone didn't look like a fucking furry.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I made a granok called "The Rock" and would scream the one-liners when doing moves. Was hilarious, and I hate wrestling :p

xzi

Mouthbreather
I completely agree with you, hardcoded factions can fuck off already. I don't mind there being two sides but just let us choose already. And stop limiting classes to certain races >_>

That's my only gripe with this game that I can find thus far, but then again I haven't played it yet.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Same here. I wish there weren't two factions in this game so I could just play with my friends who decide to pick the other side. Fuck.
Maybe they'll see the light and change this. I guess they're doing it for the PVP aspects, but really fighting based on faction is a far better design in every way, so I'm not sure why the Carbine guys are going this route since they seem to have a clue.

Just let all classes pick their own classes. How frickin hard could it be

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Y'all be crazy, Tera combat is the best to date. Some of the best MMO fun I've ever had was berserker PVP in that game. Really a shame there just wasn't/isn't (or is there now?) anything to do endgame.
yup.

truth be told, it's better than FFXIV:ARR.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
Well this makes two. I don't like Tera's combat very much - I like action combat, but don't like the movement locking. It just feels wrong for an "action" game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The movement locks were what made it so great. It added another layer of depth/skill/whatever to the combat, rather than it be just jump and strafe spam forever. Also gave them another very good stat you can itemize for (skill/animation speed). It feels a touch clunky in the early game, especially for certain classes (looking at you berserkers), but opens up big time later on. Hell, it's the only reason berserkers could even exist. There has been very little in my MMO history as satisfying as landing a thunder strike properly and oneshotting someone.