Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Scooter_sl

shitlord
Warplots- are these instanced or in the open world ?
Instanced. It's a matchmaking system with ratings and such.

But oh man open world Warplots would be so insane. Except everyone would name theirs "Death Star" and float around dropping superweapons on other players.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
PvP progression - is the gear earned through PvP going to be on an equal level with the high end raid gear in regards to PvP only? Or is it going to be similar to Vanilla WoW where it was obscenely lopsided in favor of raid gear?

::Edit:: also, will there be any kind of offset for the PvP crowd to counter raiders being able to bring raid bosses into their warplots?

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm

But oh man open world Warplots would be so insane. Except everyone would name theirs "Death Star" and float around dropping superweapons on other players.
Thanks, thought so but couldnt find the official answer.

Scooter_sl

shitlord
PvP progression - is the gear earned through PvP going to be on an equal level with the high end raid gear in regards to PvP only? Or is it going to be similar to Vanilla WoW where it was obscenely lopsided in favor of raid gear?

::Edit:: also, will there be any kind of offset for the PvP crowd to counter raiders being able to bring raid bosses into their warplots?
Gear - there are PvP stats on gear. I believe the goal is for both types to maintain a 10-15% difference between PvE and PvP gear, which is made up for in the PvP Offense and Defense stats.

Raid bosses - I actually just saw how this works for the first time today. There will be consumable drops off dungeon/raid bosses, but there will also be some you can purchase with Warplots currency. No advantage for raiders other than coolness factor and variety.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gear - there are PvP stats on gear. I believe the goal is for both types to maintain a 10-15% difference between PvE and PvP gear, which is made up for in the PvP Offense and Defense stats.

Raid bosses - I actually just saw how this works for the first time today. There will be consumable drops off dungeon/raid bosses, but there will also be some you can purchase with Warplots currency. No advantage for raiders other than coolness factor and variety.
Excellent news, thanks for the info much appreciated.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Pre-beta demands for PvP vs Raid equality conjure up images of two trains colliding head on. Remember what a jolly ride the attempt to balance the those two was (or is?) in WoW.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Pre-beta demands for PvP vs Raid equality conjure up images of two trains colliding head on. Remember what a jolly ride the attempt to balance the those two was (or is?) in WoW.
That's going to be an argument in any game that allows for both. I for one find myself looking forward to reading the standard casual vs hardcore forum arguments that always pop up!

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider

The more I read about Warplots, the more similar they sound to what Cryptic/Paragon Studios' initial idea was for bases in City of Heroes. That excites me because that was an idea I was always disappointed that they were never able to fully implement.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would anyone link mmorpg.com articles anyway, that site is as relevant to videogames as foxnews.com is to journalism.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The client they were using at NYCC is an old one. Probably the one they were using for the stress tests. I'm willing to bet that whatever preview you just saw won't represent what is going to be in the game once they start talking about specifics again. It's kind of shitty that they called it a "preview" because Preview kind of relays the sense that it's official. Instead the dude played for 15 minutes on the convention floor.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Waiting for this game makes me so
rrr_img_47034.jpg

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hello Scooter and welcome to this God forsaken place, I'm gonna have to ask you a totally doctored question : since Carbine hinted two of the remaining classes in theirlast vid, and since we're here being sceptic and ungrateful old MMO players craving for information, my question would be : without revealing exclusive stuff,what is a warplot ?Since they were announced, a lot of misconceptions were made regarding this much anticipated game content. Most newsites / fansites drew their own agenda regarding this Elder Content feature. Could you elaborate ?

Scooter_sl

shitlord
Hello Scooter and welcome to this God forsaken place, I'm gonna have to ask you a totally doctored question : since Carbine hinted two of the remaining classes in theirlast vid, and since we're here being sceptic and ungrateful old MMO players craving for information, my question would be : without revealing exclusive stuff,what is a warplot ?Since they were announced, a lot of misconceptions were made regarding this much anticipated game content. Most newsites / fansites drew their own agenda regarding this Elder Content feature. Could you elaborate ?
Having just seen the new version this past week, I can elaborate a little. Warplots are basically a giant base/fortress that utilizes the same tech we have for housing. Normally it floats in the sky (Instanced, like your house). You and your "Warparty" (which can be a totally different group of people than your guild) can go in and edit which defenses it has; this can be anything from preset plugs to freeformly placed traps like mines and controllable turrets.

Once setup is done you can queue for a match. You and another team's warplot will be brought to a static map and the fight begins. I can't go into details about how the fights play out yet, but there are a few win conditions and a lot of variation on how to attack the other team. You could fight on your own, for example, or you could camp out in your base and summon waves of robots, helicopters, and chompacabras.

Actual details will be shared early next year, but it's definitely THE ultimate endgame for PvP. (In addition to arenas and battlegrounds of course.)

DMK_sl

shitlord
Having just seen the new version this past week, I can elaborate a little. Warplots are basically a giant base/fortress that utilizes the same tech we have for housing. Normally it floats in the sky (Instanced, like your house). You and your "Warparty" (which can be a totally different group of people than your guild) can go in and edit which defenses it has; this can be anything from preset plugs to freeformly placed traps like mines and controllable turrets.

Once setup is done you can queue for a match. You and another team's warplot will be brought to a static map and the fight begins. I can't go into details about how the fights play out yet, but there are a few win conditions and a lot of variation on how to attack the other team. You could fight on your own, for example, or you could camp out in your base and summon waves of robots, helicopters, and chompacabras.

Actual details will be shared early next year, but it's definitely THE ultimate endgame for PvP. (In addition to arenas and battlegrounds of course.)
So you enjoyed it? Does it have persistent results? Are the rewards worth the effort?