Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Big announcement Wednesday? | Page 2 | WildStar Central[Big announcement Wednesday? | Page 2 | WildStar Central

Folks, I hate curbing enthusiasm, but due to some slight changes I wouldn't expect anything *huge* this week.

There will still be some good info, and there is something cool to look forward to (maybe not on Wednesday specifically) but yeah, no "Epic/Ultra/Mega" drops. Don't want to see you guys get hugely disappointed based on the speculation I'm seeing in here.
Community Manager that actually manages expectations...

Hell hath frozen over friends.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm interested in how the medic and engineer will play out. Granted I just want to see the engi, I have no plans to play it, I despise pet classes for the most part. I'm really interested in medic. Since its either that or esper that I plan to play.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I plan on playing the pet class and loving it, but ONLY if it includes:

1) I need to resummon a pet every time I zone (make it a 10 second cast!).
2) Pet needs to aggro everything in a 100m radius, even when I'm mounted, or 50 levels above them.
3) Make sure pathing is broken. They need to aggro an entire dungeon.

To me it's not a true 'MMO' if the above isn't in play. Thanks! !

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know if housing will be account based or per character? Checking the videos but it didn't specify. Hoping for account based myself, would hate to have to build and equip multiple houses.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
So you can have multiple styles of housing without tearing your only house down to rebuild another? So you can have a Dominion house as well as an Exiles house?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best thing to do is give both options. Allow alts from same account to access the house(or just make access list for anyone including your own alts), probably faction specific but also allow you to choose to buy another plot and build another house if you so desire.

Considering the Cash store opportunities with housing, allowing players to buy multiple is in their best interest.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that damn off the hand remark about zones with strange gravity has me still thinking about trying this game just for that. If anyone has more info on this aspect of the game I would really be interested. The rest of the game doesn't do anything for me though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol? I wouldn't waste money on the game just to occasionally run across variable gravity effects. Talk about setting yourself up for fail and then you'd probably come back here to bitch and moan about the industry and wasting your money.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/shrug

I'm desperate for anything different in a mmo... even if it is cheesy gravity effects. Besides, I already wrote this game off as another WoW clone, so I would only be checking it out for.... the cheesy gravity effects.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/shrug

I'm desperate for anything different in a mmo... even if it is cheesy gravity effects. Besides, I already wrote this game off as another WoW clone, so I would only be checking it out for.... the cheesy gravity effects.
You go, talking with your wallet,respect. /sarcasm