Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Usually in this kind of game the places you arent meant to get to are empty, but dont let me curb your enthusiasm. Personally I hope they manage to mask the fact that every explorable bit is planned and accounted for well enough that it doesnt take away the illusion.

And to Carbine, please dont make the explorer only do jumping puzzles, to use some GW2 reference. The best "explorer" type content in GW2 are the mini dungeons, most of the JP are little exploring and just straight-forward platforming after you find them. It's not as much explorer-type content as one might think. The mini dungeons with some story behind them, hidden traps and illusory walls and maybe a bit of combat so on are the real gems (check GW2wiki for Flame temple tombs, Vexa's lab or Forsaken fortune if you want to know more).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well they have already mentioned mini story type instances. It's not much of a leap to say they might have something like that.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know if the livestream will get recorded? I'm not going to be around my computer saturday, but would love to see it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure I know whats going on in that compilation other than figuring out the URL, but the video has sold me so that is all that matters.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Was never one of those people that drooled over hoverboards or anything like that...but the in game travel on the hoverboard looked really cool.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Those hoverboard looked cool.

They should a mini game with them...like the timed races in Defiance or DC Universe.

Bruman

Golden Squire
So can anyone tell me what is appealing about this game to users of this forum, given what this forum is generally based on (that being old EQ nerds wanting more EQ).

And I don't mean this snippy, or in a thread-shitting manner. I've read some about the game, and I'm not seeing why it wouldn't be anything but a typical "a lot of fun for 1-2 months!" type of MMO (like FFXIV was for me).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So can anyone tell me what is appealing about this game to users of this forum, given what this forum is generally based on (that being old EQ nerds wanting more EQ).

And I don't mean this snippy, or in a thread-shitting manner. I've read some about the game, and I'm not seeing why it wouldn't be anything but a typical "a lot of fun for 1-2 months!" type of MMO (like FFXIV was for me).
This forum is a mix of a lot of different things now. But suffice to say, this game is going to be on pace with how WOW 1.0 felt but with a lot of modern touches. Then different combat and stuff.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This forum is a mix of a lot of different things now. But suffice to say, this game is going to be on pace with how WOW 1.0 felt but with a lot of modern touches. Then different combat and stuff.
Pretty much Vanilla WoW. As many EQ neckbeards as there area in here, there are probably equal amounts of WoW 1.0 neckbeards, myself included.

Wildstar will definitely nail the things that counted in WoW. It will be interesting to see how they've changed the Collect Bear Asses system since they shutdown beta, but I'm sure a lot of questions will be answered on Saturday.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much Vanilla WoW. As many EQ neckbeards as there area in here, there are probably equal amounts of WoW 1.0 neckbeards, myself included.

Wildstar will definitely nail the things that counted in WoW. It will be interesting to see how they've changed the Collect Bear Asses system since they shutdown beta, but I'm sure a lot of questions will be answered on Saturday.
Not only this but a lot of EQ neckbeards thought WoW 1.0 was a really good game(which it was). They will try this out like every other game and if it's close to WoW 1.0, it will get at least 6 months from them(more likely it will get the monthly investment and a lot of the whining like WoW does now). Only other game they may like is Brad's effort and it's quite a ways off. I'll try it and probably like it myself, but not as much as EQL/EQNL(hopefully).