Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Apart from a month or so maxing out in GW (more of the same), haven't touched an MMO since 2008 (WoW), so serious question here from people that have played it. What specifically makes this game better than WoW and GW2? What makes this a new experience worth spending time on?
Better combat than WoW by a lot. Twitchy action combat is way more immersive and fun. Better endgame than GW2. Overall I like GW2 a lot more because of the cooperative gameplay and graphics but that is a matter of taste.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Better combat than WoW by a lot. Twitchy action combat is way more immersive and fun. Better endgame than GW2. Overall I like GW2 a lot more because of the cooperative gameplay and graphics but that is a matter of taste.
I want to agree and say this is all correct except there is absolutely no endgame yet so???

Raign

Golden Squire
I want to agree and say this is all correct except there is absolutely no endgame yet so???
We haven't seen it, correct. Be we do know that GW2 had none and that 3 months ago the devs of Wildstar indicated that they had 60% of their resources dedicated to max level content.. so anything > nothing.

I am expecting it to be the same as level 60 in Vanilla WoW.. it is the same team and they have done a lot of similar things with the rest of the game so I expect the scope of the max level content at launch to be similar (though it sounds like they are going with 2 raids which is slightly better than the MC only launch...)

Basically, what the guys above have said. The combat is fun, the world is the most enjoyable for me since Vanilla WoW. The leveling is quest /grind driven, though I believe you can pvp up as well (have not tried it personally though).

All in all, it is a well rounded game and as they have been saying pretty much all along, WoW 2.0 and a worthy successor at that.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We haven't seen it, correct. Bewe do know that GW2 had none and that 3 months ago the devs of Wildstar indicated that they had 60% of their resources dedicated to max level content.. so anything > nothing.
PjVbtDd.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Why are we so angry in this thread? We all know exactly what is going to happen, Pyros will get to max level before anyone else and most will stop playing before the 30 day mark. This has literally happened in/to every major MMO launch post EQ world.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Only thing I don't like about the quests so far is that they treat you like you're the hero. I always just liked being some guy helping the actual game's heroes out, not THE hero. You can't be THE hero in a theme park MMO.

I do like the quests where I contribute resources to get stuff built. That's pretty cool.

The combat is fun as hell, too.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems more of not the feeling being "THE" hero but get the feeling you're 1 of thousands of "heroes". Which fits the basic lore of "Ripe planet found and thousands flock to it to try and claim it". In sense just feels like you are a soldier, at least dominion side, probably not the same feeling on exile.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems more of not the feeling being "THE" hero but get the feeling you're 1 of thousands of "heroes". Which fits the basic lore of "Ripe planet found and thousands flock to it to try and claim it". In sense just feels like you are a soldier, at least dominion side, probably not the same feeling on exile.
on the exile side, everytime you go to thayd your greeted by "hey, its the hero of [insert starter zone]!".

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah, haven't played or seen much of that side yet. Though their "lore" is a bit different I guess, trying to make nexus their new home while fighting off the "Evil" dominion.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Will probably be Dominion on release.

I kind of want to ask them to put collection quests from EverQuest II in this game. It just seems like they'd... Fit.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Why are we so angry in this thread? We all know exactly what is going to happen, Pyros will get to max level before anyone else and most will stop playing before the 30 day mark. This has literally happened in/to every major MMO launch post EQ world.
Yeah but that's the fucking worst. I don't know why people are excited to play that... and as long as people keep buying and supporting shitty MMO's, developers will keep churning them out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah but that's the fucking worst. I don't know why people are excited to play that... and as long as people keep buying and supporting shitty MMO's, developers will keep churning them out.
This game is designed to be played at the end. This is, theoretically, the anti-SWTOR.

If you fucks cry about leveling not being immersive, intensive, or long enough on the forums I will be really pissed.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is designed to be played at the end. This is, theoretically, the anti-SWTOR.

If you fucks cry about leveling not being immersive, intensive, or long enough on the forums I will be really pissed.
the question does exist though, if your going to do leveling poorly why do it at all?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Will probably be Dominion on release.

I kind of want to ask them to put collection quests from EverQuest II in this game. It just seems like they'd... Fit.
YES PLEASE! LOVE collections in EQ II and they continue to be my crack. ooo piece of candy...oooo piece of candy...
They sucked balls in Rift though, not sure why they are so awesome in EQ II.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the question does exist though, if your going to do leveling poorly why do it at all?
Who says its poorly? I can understand not liking the quest hub design, but that doesn't mean that design was done poorly.

an accordion_sl

shitlord

This is completely irrelevant to what was said, I don't care about immersion or length of levelling. Shitty is shitty.

Edit: Replace shitty with mediocre if you're going to get butthurt and defend the game "it's exactly what I expected it to be, hurrr"

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
YES PLEASE! LOVE collections in EQ II and they continue to be my crack. ooo piece of candy...oooo piece of candy...
They sucked balls in Rift though, not sure why they are so awesome in EQ II.
I think because you could get items for your house and what not. Displaying your collection items was the shit. Since Wildstar has housing, this would work really well in Wildstar.