Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When the guy described warplots as "violent housing" that pretty much sold it for me.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Load into starter zone...quest marker a few steps away. Kill # of x get reward, shuttled off to the next hub...meh
Few folks said action combat... are we talking Diablo3, GW2 or more like Wow with movement ?

Referring to the fact that every MMO these days seems to have to be an ARPG... or at least cut from that mold... any info ?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nothing's been said that wasn't viewable from the released video, which is what they are talking about Draegan.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I know but people are getting close to the edge.
Are they? It's obvious stuff, if you can't discuss anything about the game because it might or might not be NDA breaking might as well close the thread. I mean if you type Wildstar leaks in google the 2nd result is betacakes, shit's so easy to find anything that's on there is basically the same as discussing stuff they show at a convention or you see in a preview(and there's a lot said in those as well as articles). We can pretend it doesn't exist and no one should talk about it but it's pretty stupid. If someone comes out and say "yo I'm in beta and so and so" I can understand but people discussing about readily available information about the game, wether or not the source is NDA protected should be fine to discuss.

Also double standards much? How come people linking NDA protected beta videos of TESO didn't get banned/post edited? I mean I'm all in the "TESO is going to be a piece of shit and you shouldn't buy it" wagon too but still.

I understand the concept of no NDA breaking so we can have devs come here and talk freely about their games and what not and that's fine, but I don't think there's a need of the constant reminder of NDA this NDA that every 10posts that talk about vague information that might or might not have been mentionned in one of the dozens of articles about the game already. If someone openly breaks NDA then take action but otherwise there's no reason to intervene.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's very simple. I don't want sources of leaks coming from here. Everything else is open to talk about regardless of where it comes from. We obviously know who got into beta on these boards because they broadcasted it, those people just need to watch what they say.

I didn't think I needed to spell that out to you Pyros.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I know but people are getting close to the edge.
Close to what? How do you measure whats close to breaking an NDA when they have only talked about what was released in an hour of video?

Close compared to what? I'm not trying to be a dick but the statement just makes no sense to me. If they release info it's going to get talked about. They've not talked about anything other then what was in the videos they've released.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I quite like the stylized 'Ratchet and Clank' look from those videos. Certainly I prefer a stylized art style that looks a bit cartoony to 'realistic' art that is anything but (Elder Scrolls)

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
GW2+Trinity does sound awesome. Even though I wish battlefield control was more of an archtype in these games than it is.

That being said, I absolutely loved GW2's mobility. It was fucking badass to go flipping/warping all over the place.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
What's your problem with GW2 combat? Wildstar has the trinity if that's what you didn't like.
I am a bit old school. I actually like games with more skills ( useful ones ) not less. I tried Mesmer and ranger or archer it was and it was way to spammy and action-y for me. I was bored to tears... Adding back trinity would help though for me.

Also it was funny since there was so little choice of active skills it felt just like an ARPG and as much as I have played torchlight some poE and diablo I treat those less seriously and just for lame fun... I used to like MMOs that u can dig Into not the 1 month and done thing and simple combat is a contributing factor to eying bored to tears in a week.

My fav MMOs currently are DDO and Vanguard if that tells you anything about my style of game and class designs. Also almost never play melee chars, healers and mages with the occasion archer out rogue type.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am a bit old school. I actually like games with more skills ( useful ones ) not less. I tried Mesmer and ranger or archer it was and it was way to spammy and action-y for me. I was bored to tears... Adding back trinity would help though for me.

Also it was funny since there was so little choice of active skills it felt just like an ARPG and as much as I have played torchlight some poE and diablo I treat those less seriously and just for lame fun... I used to like MMOs that u can dig Into not the 1 month and done thing and simple combat is a contributing factor to eying bored to tears in a week.

My fav MMOs currently are DDO and Vanguard if that tells you anything about my style of game and class designs. Also almost never play melee chars, healers and mages with the occasion archer out rogue type.
I can see your point. I care for more reactive combat myself like gw2. I know they did say they will have an open beta so you can probably see for yourself then.