Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I've said it several pages ago, forcing people to run 40man in 2014, right after WoW went flexible raids, is just plain dumb. Adapt, or die. Rose tinted glasses don't buy subscriptions.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
the zone is there, it just takes longer to go level to level than it should. It will be even worse when people dont get mounts until 15.
I'm pretty sure mounts at live are 20 or 25 which will make it way worse.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
God Shamgod that thing is convoluted.
Not really, the graphic makes it look like more complicated than it is. You have gathering tradeskills that gather one or more type of ressources(think wow mining which would get both ores and jewels), then you have some type of ressources that are also, or only dropped by mobs(think cloth in wow, farming the stockades for wool yay) and then those ressources are used to craft things. That's all there it to it really and there's very few "weird things", the graph doesn't line up the tradeskill with their product however, nor does it line up with its ressources, so it's just a random list of all the type of ressources, tradeskills and products.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Where did all the people longing for 40 mans go? But it hardly matters since the 40 mans are for the 1% and the casual scrubs we have become get thrown some 20 mans with lower item level.

spronk

FPS noob
casual scrubs don't raid anymore they all play dota2, lol, dayz, PS2, or whatever else that doesn't require scheduling and large coordination. once you abandon raiding you can never go back for long. I admire Carbine for sticking to its guns on making endgame big and old school, but I just don't see how in any 2014 universe it pays off for them especially if the game is sub and b2p.

Blizzard is also going to sit on Hearthstone, D3:Reaper, and Warlords of Draenor to give them maximum value against TESO and Wildstar.

I hope they have good free xfer or megaserver plans already in place before launch. at this point I'm 99% sure I'm going to get some wildstar beta time in, not buy the game at launch, and wait for the inevitable f2p/90% off sale and still only play for 2-3 weeks.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
If I were Blizzard I'd save all shots for Wildstar then, trying to torpedo TESO is like sticking a knife into an already dead lion and thinking of yourself as a big game hunter.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
id expect this to change before launch. right now you rocket to 10, slow to a crawl to 20 and then speed up again all the way to 36. the 10-20 xp is obviously off and theres been a lot of feedback on it.
yeah leveling still sucks dick after 20, not sure what game you're playing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone else see the irony in a board full of people who whine about games catering to casuals...

...bitching about making 40 man raids the highest tier for the most hardcore gamers?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah leveling still sucks dick after 20, not sure what game you're playing.
leveling sucks from level 1 but the speed of it seems quicker once you hit whitevale.

also theres nothing hardcore about 40 man raids. Its just more of a headache to get going and less sustainable in terms of gameplay. Hardcore is spending 12 hours a day on progression regardless of whether you do it with 20 or 40.

Raign

Golden Squire
leveling sucks from level 1 but the speed of it seems quicker once you hit whitevale.

also theres nothing hardcore about 40 man raids. Its just more of a headache to get going and less sustainable in terms of gameplay. Hardcore is spending 12 hours a day on progression regardless of whether you do it with 20 or 40.
And you can do it with 20 as well? Seriously, is all this sandy vagina whining about 40 man because 'I want the bestest lewts but don't have time to get 40 people together'. Which board am I on again? Can't seriously be the same one that bitched and moaned about the last dozen games that came out with no end game or raid content...

Can't get 20 people together? Well sucks to be you... welcome to being casual! Better cross your fingers and hope for some good 5 man content and progression.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
I've become a little meh toward this game since the stress test. Hoped that I would log in and find myself really interested in everything, but I wasn't. It's not that it's a bad mmo... it's a good mmo. But mmo's are the most stagnant genre in the industry nowadays and this game's just more on top. I'm starting to think that there isn't any innovation to be found within the mmo genre as a concept, at least not within its current technical constraints.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's not technical restraints. It's restraints based on player expectations. WoW, for a large number of people, defined what players expect an MMO to be like, and companies are too skittish to defy those expectations.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
1Jh9qzc.jpg
This is the worst process flow I've ever seen. What the fuck does it even mean?

Also - this game is fun but there just isn't enough differentiation from you-know-what for me to really get into it. I'd say "I can't explain it", but I can - it's just not that fun. It feels like a chore.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also - this game is fun but there just isn't enough differentiation from you-know-what for me to really get into it. I'd say "I can't explain it", but I can - it's just not that fun. It feels like a chore.
Wildstar would have been really nice and exciting if WoW didn't exist. With WoW still around and Blizzard releasing another addon in 2014, not so much.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno, for some reason I have no desire at all to play WoW, but have no issues enjoying or wanting to play wildstar when I have time.

I do think more and more people are getting tired of quest hub based games. Though I am not sure what the genre is going to move to. Events/PQs or things like GW2 are nice, but that was really questing just presented differently and gets less exciting and less interesting just as fast or do games go back to just randomly killing mobs that are around and within your level/skill/tier etc.

I'm waiting for a game that tries to just remove character progression(skills, levels, tiers etc) and jumps right into content but can still keep up a requirement of having a need for a entire world and not just turn into "city + queues".

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyway this game is driving straight into the "released games without proper endgame content" cemetery if the next update isn't a major update.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With a current cap of 36, not sure anyone is qualified to make that statement yet.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With a current cap of 36, not sure anyone is qualified to make that statement yet.
Facts as of today :

- 7 full zones yet to be implemented.
- No content past 36.
- No 40 man content (raids and warplots, which is their endgame content)
- Only 2 BGs

I won't talk about LAS or AMP systems since it's more like a matter of opinion (or forcing 40man format in 2014), but I've beta tested most of the major MMO failures out there (I did buy them, I'm not being edgy) and from what I've seen there is no way they'll be ready for launch if we're talking about a April / June release if the Januray beta patch isn't all about what is actually missing.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Facts as of today :

- 7 full zones yet to be implemented.
- No content past 36.
- No 40 man content (raids and warplots, which is their endgame content)
- Only 2 BGs

I won't talk about LAS or AMP systems since it's more like a matter of opinion (or forcing 40man format in 2014), but I've beta tested most of the major MMO failures out there (I did buy them, I'm not being edgy) and from what I've seen there is no way they'll be ready for launch if we're talking about a April / June release if the Januray beta patch isn't all about what is actually missing.
The team seem pretty competent. I'm sure there'll be bugs, but I'm optimistic.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No way in hell they should release raids to the general beta population before release. Keep that in the raid invitee program only.