Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
All I have to say is Hekotat... you are the man.
SC7Bj0f.gif

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game is fun. Game is work in progress. Game will be fine. Will it lasts 6 months? Who knows? Possibly. Is it dead as fast as the other 8 MMO's in the last 4 years to explode in the first 4-6 weeks? I don't think so.

Also helps to play every class and play at least one class past 10, you dickheads. So YOU are the tards who post on the official forums "MY SUMMATION OF THE GAME AS A LVL 9 _______".

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Are you going to be the resident fanboy? The majority of people on these forums can tell a lot about an MMORPG in the first 10 minutes that they don't need to spend a few hours to hit level 10.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it dead as fast as the other 8 MMO's in the last 4 years to explode in the first 4-6 weeks? I don't think so.
Wildstar seems to be on the same rails though : they have no available at testing endgame content 6 months from release and they might crush hard because 40man raiding and 40v40 PvP requires by design a lot of mass testing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Are you going to be the resident fanboy? The majority of people on these forums can tell a lot about an MMORPG in the first 10 minutes that they don't need to spend a few hours to hit level 10.
Sure. Fanboy, white knight, non-retard. Whichever I'm labeled. If you think you can judge this game before leaving the second tutorial zone, unlocking any sort of class/ability customization, viewing tradeskills, using mounts, or any of this?

Well, you're a fucking wizard, man!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is fun. Game is work in progress. Game will be fine. Will it lasts 6 months? Who knows? Possibly. Is it dead as fast as the other 8 MMO's in the last 4 years to explode in the first 4-6 weeks? I don't think so.
well, some of those mmos are still running with healthy playerbases.
Will wildstar hemorage players after the first month? Yes. Will it be hilarious to watch raid guilds try to keep 40 man rosters? Yes. Will there be only 1 40 man raid in wildstar? Yep.

also the raid testing is on going with select guilds. its not available to the masses but it is being tested.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Sure. Fanboy, white knight, non-retard. Whichever I'm labeled. If you think you can judge this game before leaving the second tutorial zone, unlocking any sort of class/ability customization, viewing tradeskills, using mounts, or any of this?

Well, you're a fucking wizard, man!
You think all of us are stupid? Class customization and class abilities are available to be seen as soon as you log in via your skill page. All of the skills are just variations of skills in every other game and I think people are smart enough to get an idea of what to expect. Wildstar isn't doing anything new with their class structures, it's pretty easy to imagine what they are doing.

Tradeskills? Who cares about crafting. What kind of impact will crafting have? It's fucking crafting. Recipies may be harder to make, or you might have rarer drops than other MMOs but it's all the same.

Mounts? Unless this game is hiding mounted combat, what kind of bullet point is this?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I tried medic it was.. Meh.

STALKER on the other hand oh fuck yeah that's the class I'm going to be playing. So fucking fun.
felt the same way after I played my friends stalker he leveled up on my account, if I go healing it will be esper I think, or ill go engineer.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You think all of us are stupid? Class customization and class abilities are available to be seen as soon as you log in via your skill page. All of the skills are just variations of skills in every other game and I think people are smart enough to get an idea of what to expect. Wildstar isn't doing anything new with their class structures, it's pretty easy to imagine what they are doing.

Tradeskills? Who cares about crafting. What kind of impact will crafting have? It's fucking crafting. Recipies may be harder to make, or you might have rarer drops than other MMOs but it's all the same.

Mounts? Unless this game is hiding mounted combat, what kind of bullet point is this?
First of all, yeah, I think most of you are stupid. And in fact you can't see all the amps by logging in. Currently you have to get far enough (lvl 14ish) to get the vendor and purchase your amps to view everything.

Class skills are similar to most other class skills in every other mmo. But that's the case for every mmo.

Tradeskills at the moment are incredibly important lvl 20+. In fact, right now certain classes with the right crafting gear are currently raid bosses. So I'd say it's fairly important to craft. Fuck it, I'll say right now that in fact there are procs on armor...only crafted armor. Some are minor and some currently are game-breaking. Kind of a big deal.

Mounts? You're right. They're not important. They help getting around that's about it. There's a shit ton of customization we don't know about yet. Mount combat? Could be possible.

Now I understand why other people write articles for you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Which ones ?
Can assume standard high end wow guilds, I don't know who's big nowadays but used to be guilds like Vodka, Death n Taxes, Millenium and whoever else, basically you look at the wow ranking and they probably contacted those guilds to test raiding.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
First of all, yeah, I think most of you are stupid. And in fact you can't see all the amps by logging in. Currently you have to get far enough (lvl 14ish) to get the vendor and purchase your amps to view everything.

Class skills are similar to most other class skills in every other mmo. But that's the case for every mmo.

Tradeskills at the moment are incredibly important lvl 20+. In fact, right now certain classes with the right crafting gear are currently raid bosses. So I'd say it's fairly important to craft. Fuck it, I'll say right now that in fact there are procs on armor...only crafted armor. Some are minor and some currently are game-breaking. Kind of a big deal.

Mounts? You're right. They're not important. They help getting around that's about it. There's a shit ton of customization we don't know about yet. Mount combat? Could be possible.

Now I understand why other people write articles for you.
The amp info is out on the internet and it's like any other basic talent system. It's really not a draw to the game. Sure you might not be able to see everthing right away, but does that really matter to the big picture?

THe big problem with this game, imo, is that the combat and class system which you can get a feel for right away. That's why I'm disappointed with it because it IS like every other MMO.

Carbine moved their old gear/module system into the tradeskill system. Going into anything else is probably breaking the NDA, but it's a really awesome system. That in-of-itself is not a primary pull for the game but it's a great bullet point I agree. You won't see it in the first 10 minutes you are right.

Are mount really that great of a pull for you in an MMORPG other than Hoverboards are fucking cool looking?

I've said this before, Wildstar is a phenomenal game. It's got an incredible world, art style, quest systems, housing systems, gear systems etc. What I feel the game lacks is pretty big. A compelling class system that allows for interesting customization. They have a ton of time to change things around, and the amp system isn't finished yet so I'm not laying down the verdict.

But you can still get an idea what this game is about once you get through the intro area and the newbie area. You don't need to spend 20 levels to figure things out. Most of us here can figure out if we're into an MMORPG for the long haul, or at least interested in playing more in the first 10-20 minutes.

P.S. I don't write articles any more, let alone play many games any more because I have an infant at home and a full time job. Kind of takes priority.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can assume standard high end wow guilds, I don't know who's big nowadays but used to be guilds like Vodka, Death n Taxes, Millenium and whoever else, basically you look at the wow ranking and they probably contacted those guilds to test raiding.
I asked the question because from my knowledge neither Method, Envy or Blood Legion (WoW world's top 5 guilds) are in any Wildstar beta right now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wish I was playing the same game as xevy
It's very possible you never will be. That may be more psychological on your or my part, though.

Drae: I mostly agree, but I still think people logged in, did on-rail quests for 7 levels and said, 'Fuck it'. That's part of the game, and a sucky part, but it's not everything. I agree the on-rails shit is boring and 7 years past excusable, but I'm one of those dicks that rushes to end game. The leveling process for some is the entire game, but for me is just elementary school. You get through it, forget all but the most traumatizing events, and then move on to real life. They've said the end-game is the meat of the game, but true we don't know how good it is at the moment. That's why I think true judgement of this game is TBD.

Right now you can complain you don't like any grand reinvention of class shit, WoW graphics, on-rail systems, or whatever you want, but to make launch implications in a definite way from the current status of the front half of this game? A bit of a stretch.

If you're in, play at least one character to 20. Play a few classes. If you think it's dog shit, great. Don't play it. If you like it, great. Continue to play it. I've beta tested every game since WoW and alpha tested some, doesn't mean I can tell you this game is a WoW killer or a 30 day bust. And I don't anyone else can.