Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chesire_sl

shitlord
40 man raids were limited by lockouts and the amount of healers in the population .
In fact if someone had two accounts and filled every slot with a healer.
They could have done endgame content in WOW every day twice a day during the early years

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
would they cave in and make everything more casual/accessible for fear of losing more potential subs to the blob of other games that will cater to that? Or...would they deal with that and try to make a deeper game not built around catering to as many people as possible.
They've set themselves on a sub-based business model. They're going to try to stay sub-based for as long as they can. If they hemorrhage subs, they're going to adjust whatever causes them to lose them if they can identify what it is (unless it's so embedded in the game design, it can't be removed, e.g. hub-based questing).

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
True. But I don't think 40 man raids are going to be the cause if it does hemorrhage, given most of the players don't even do them, so no reason to change it. As long as you provide enough things for people to do who don't raid, you are fine.

I've been MMO hopping for the past two years after SWTOR crushed my dreams. I hope Wildstar can deliver at least several months of decent gameplay. At this point in the MMO genre, for me that is a win.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that's the point, if it gets past the first content patch then your population becomes invested enough to see it through to the 2nd. But if it fails then the ship starts sinking. If they delay it before following through with the failure then the rats race off in record time.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been MMO hopping for the past two years after SWTOR crushed my dreams. I hope Wildstar can deliver at least several months of decent gameplay. At this point in the MMO genre, for me that is a win.
several months is a win? fuck man, at this point 2 months is a win for me.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Apparently Wildstar is the reason that Blade and Soul still hasn't been ported to the US yet. Meaning the sooner this game crashes and burns, the sooner Blade and Soul might get a US release. NCSoft sucks.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently Wildstar is the reason that Blade and Soul still hasn't been ported to the US yet. Meaning the sooner this game crashes and burns, the sooner Blade and Soul might get a US release. NCSoft sucks.
We can play BnS though, for free over in China!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm usually someone who hates every new MMO that comes out. But this one has actually peaked my interested pretty well. I really hope they revamp the current question system, but even if they DON'T do that I feel like you'll easily get 2-3 months of enjoyment from this game.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I'm usually someone who hates every new MMO that comes out. But this one has actually peaked my interested pretty well. I really hope they revamp the current question system, but even if they DON'T do that I feel like you'll easily get 2-3 months of enjoyment from this game.
My complaint is more to do with Wildstar's existence cockblocking Blade and Soul than it is with Wildstar itself specifically. Wildstar doesn't do anything well enough to really capture my attention or interest. Whereas Blade and Soul's combat had me extremely interested from just the first hour of playing it on the chinese servers. So it's more than a little frustrating how NCSoft is prioritizing Wildstar over B&S right now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My complaint is more to do with Wildstar's existence cockblocking Blade and Soul than it is with Wildstar itself specifically. Wildstar doesn't do anything well enough to really capture my attention or interest. Whereas Blade and Soul's combat had me extremely interested from just the first hour of playing it on the chinese servers. So it's more than a little frustrating how NCSoft is prioritizing Wildstar over B&S right now.
Indeed, BnS combat is far better than WildStar, its Story is more epic (character introduction cinematics are awesome), never have to worry about having a Tank/Healer, more character customization. WildStar has...housing, raids, the holy trinity. ;p

Sad thing, once WS is released, its servers will crash for the first week, with maybe 300k players....while China is rocking up to 1.5mil peak concurrent with no crashes (Tencent put some work into making sure their servers are stable). =/

I'll end up buying and playing WS, just because I think it'll be an alright game for a month, and I'd like to support the company, but if BnS were to come out at the same time here, I'd pick that first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
B&S should have come out like 2years ago. They had plenty of time to release it before Wildstar was making some noise and get some money then, but no, it takes them multiple years to port the fucking korean games and then they probably put it on hold because it wasn't a good time anymore. Stupid stuff. That said I don't know how successful B&S would be, I doubt it'd be much more than Tera was. Might be enough though.

iannis

Musty Nester
Boob physics is not to be sarcastically dismissed. It can't be the only thing that your game has, but if you take some dipshit principled stance against boob physics then you should enjoy not having any money.

This ain't fucking 1998 anymore. You can't give us the jiggly and then take it away. Doesn't work like that.