Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Four pages arguing about breasts size. Anyone else feel that their plan was to put that change in so that we wouldn't talk about the lack of new content in this patch? :p

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Four pages arguing about breasts size. Anyone else feel that their plan was to put that change in so that we wouldn't talk about the lack of new content in this patch? :p
I'm starting to feel Warplots won't be ingame for launch, as well as many other features. And since they're betatesting raids with small numbers (I've heard guild invitation only), I also feel lvl36 cap will stay until launch. The #BOOBGATE also showed well Carbine's Community Management team limits ; Scooter acting mostly alone, threatening everyone and not a single word from senior development... Devs used to post regularly on beta forums, where are they now ?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The #BOOBGATE
It's likely because I didn't have my morning coffee yet but this cracked me up far more than it should have. I'd net you if well, yeah.

Someone linked (or talked about) the MMORPG.com article a few pages back, it had one of the senior devs talking about some of the upcoming stuff they're going to show/talk about and warplots was on that list. I get where you're coming from since it's standard MMO practice to promise the moon and deliver piles of shit but I'd be shocked if warplots weren't in at launch.

I like the quality of life changes in this patch and (minus the optimization still sucking) the games UI and general feel are a lot better. I had mentioned that I felt the game was buggy as one of my earlier gripes and I'm happy to see that it's being addressed (if not a little disappointed that they couldn't do that and at least give us the next zone.)

Nutronxxx in game, add me im a cutesy lil warrior slashing things on the opposite side of Dominion ;o
Psst, play Dominion instead.
smile.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They still could make a Warplots announcement with the usual twist : "shortly after launch / right after release". I don't know, since this patch adressed bugs / fixes / balance, I guess we'll have to wait until ... next patch (I already said that 1 month ago).

bayr_sl

shitlord
This game is for sure getting shoved out the door early, so much for those theories that they are secretly testing all this incredible Elder Game content. This is the same exact scenario we've put up with for the last 5 years

Xevy

Log Wizard
Please do, so you can stop posting the same shit everytime.
+NETS IF THEY WERE REAL

I hope to God they just push launch until June. Late June is still Q2! I have a feeling if they're going to push out content they're going to push out raids before warplots. I think warplots is their baby and their signature and they might actually be smart enough to wait until they get it 'right'.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they're hoping to avoid a PR backlash and force a change then the only way to make them realize the stupidity of such a thought process is to create a PR backlash.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope to God they just push launch until June. Late June is still Q2! I have a feeling if they're going to push out content they're going to push out raids before warplots. I think warplots is their baby and their signature and they might actually be smart enough to wait until they get it 'right'.
I don't think you will see raids in general beta. I bet it stays invite only.

Also somewhere in the last page or so of peoples weird fixation on boob size reduction, there was Q&A mentioned on mmorpg(havent read yet) that mentioned frost staying warplots were "in coming weeks".

As for 36+ content, hopefully they do release it, because you really need players to play through it to find any bugs.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is the same guy that voices Deadeye the same guy that voiced the pig in Beyond Good and Evil? They sound similar. And I love that voice.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im curious what you think the odds are that they push back launch at this point, granted that we dont actually have a launch date yet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
im curious what you think the odds are that they push back launch at this point, granted that we dont actually have a launch date yet.
Well they did it once. It was originally supposed to launch Q4 2013. They then pushed it and said either Q2 or "Spring 2014", I don't remember the exact verbage.

I don't think they'll push it farther than August. MMO's love August, March, and November. No way will NCSoft let them delay it until November and even August would be a stretch.

Also I meant pushing content for actual game release. I'm not so sure we'll see raids in open beta or warplots. I think they'll just keep expanding raid testing beta and then launch raids ~1 month after game release. Usually games get to buy themselves at least 2 weeks from launch until people are clamoring for the end-endgame. So they'll use that time to refine it and then push it when they have to. Or at least these are my impressions.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Wow. That Scooter guy is a great example of how NOT to manage a community. His responses in that thread created more drama and controversy for the company than letting the thread run its course ever would have. Jesus.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
there was Q&A mentioned on mmorpg(havent read yet) that mentioned frost staying warplots were "in coming weeks".
He was hinting "you might see something about them in the coming weeks", which was super interpreted by poor clickbait websites grunts "OMG WARPLOTS TOMORROW IN BETA". They weren't in latest patch, as you already know, cinge. I've seen how these "interviews" go along, basically every shitty videogaming website is fishing for exclusives and whenever they hear something which wasn't in the last interview, they go fucking berserk like "OMG WHAT DID HE IMPLY OH GOD PLEASE HELP US" and any word, any sigh, any breath, any look is taken out of context "lol Gaffney breathed heavily while saying "housing", maybe it won't be ready for launch" or "ugh Frost didn't look maintain eye contact with me, that must mean something."

As for Wildstar Community Management, Scooter clearly went off rails on #BOOBGATE ; what people need right now is to hear from developers. There are major concerns being brought up on beta forums and devs are AWOL. They're not limiting their forum presence, they just disappeared. Of course one might say "they have better things to do right now and CM is there to be their relay" but to be honest they're not there either. Besides going full North Korea during #BOOBGATE, they're yet to be heard on major concerns like combat gameplay design, balance, theorycraft and vision. Of course their job is ungrateful, they have to deal with thousand of people, devs, company policy, launch stampede, etc. They have their hands tied on most subjects. But what we need right now is communication, even on a (IMO) small matter as breast size. Or at least disregard tits and communicate about major concerns. Going full bunker 3 months before release is what infuriate communities. We had full bunker PR during Age of Conan / Warhammer Online / SWTOR beta, and look where it went.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If there wasn't an NDA I'd post the screenshot of my friend's character with no pants on with a bare-ass Kim Kardashian bootay.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theoretically if you were in beta, as is your friend, and someone else were in beta, you could hypothetically PM such a link and then we could merely imply that if such a thing were to exist hidden inside an unopened box it does indeed have a bare-ass Kim Kardashian bootay.