Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Lulle_sl

shitlord
I would be happy to tell them what I think but the beta gods have not seen fit to grant me a key so it will have to wait.

I do know that another girl in my office who also games seemed to agree with me. She also thought the boobs were hilarious and not offensive at all.

There are many many games that have this kind of exaggerated boob size thing and it is of no concern to me.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's almost as if they weren't based in reality. As if they were about people and species in some far off land not related to ours at all.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Can those of you in beta tell me if the run animations have been improved?
run animations for Granok are absolutely terrible.

I like playing large tanks, and within the first 5 mins I pretty much decided that I'd have a hard time watching my guy run for the rest of my Wildstar career.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
As I a gamer chick I have to give my 2 cents.

I always play the cutest sexiest little character I can possibly make. I am not easily offended by any means.

So I have to say that I am more offended by some of the run animations that I have seen than I am of the whole boob thing. The boobs are just...cartoonish to me not offensive.

But the run animations are a little insulting almost implying that a woman does not run like a normal person but only like a sex object of some kind. The run animation is a little over the top. The gigantic boobs were funny and not offensive at all.

Can those of you in beta tell me if the run animations have been improved?
It's not the women run animations that are insulting. They all fucking suck. For every sex and race.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not the women run animations that are insulting. They all fucking suck. For every sex and race.
Chuas are cool, especially their /dance move. On a more serious note, beta forums are now full of negative posts about classes not having depth, LAS system (32 pages), PvP being awful with telegraph orgy, lots of balance / design / bug concerns, etc. It's funny to see once you don't filter in the absolute fanboys anymore (first rounds of beta invites were given to people from Wildstar Central, and other Wildstar fansites), now with everyone and their grandmother handing beta invites to anyone, negative feedback is becoming a huge problem in beta forums. Let's hope the Community Management team won't go full retard on this.

bayr_sl

shitlord
That started happening about 3 weeks into the winter beta, although there was a lot of people drowning it out at the time. The game is utterly flawed in just about every way a MMO can be in this age. I can't find anything positive to say about the game, even if I tried. I was relatively hyped for this game but they didn't just drop the ball they slammed that shit into the ground repeatedly

iannis

Musty Nester
Roll up a granock female and watch her run. She sticks her ass out and jiggles it. Mordesh and Granock are basically black people. Which I actually thought was sort of enlightened... but then the run animations take it from "multiculturalism" back to "sterotyping" pretty fast. That's the whole thing. The art is stylized, over the top, and goofy. You'd have to be a real cunt to be offended by any of it.

My anaconda don't want none less you got buns, hun.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
The game is fun, but the critiques on class depth are valid. Healing on the medic is an absolute blast but most classes feel very one dimensional. I just about shit when I got a 10% damage buff for my group because I could actually bring something useful and somewhat interesting to my group instead of just plain old heals, and something which I think no other class can provide.

I guess its each to their own, but I preferred it when classes didn't all bring the same generic buff x to the group, and there were niches. My shadow priest in wow was a mana battery, and people loved this aspect of the class. It was unique. Maybe its dps had to be a little lower since I was bringing mass amounts of mana, but on the upside if a player was decent enough he could generally out-dps the higher dps classes too, all the while providing something incredibly useful AND unique to the class. It was the same thing for the resto shamans and their totems bringing unique and powerful buffs, before everything got homogenized out the ass.

Thats what it feels like in Wildstar, everything is just fairly vanilla which is a shame because the game is gorgeous and the engine is great.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Every class has a 'group buff' of some sort. Mostly it's damage or defense, but there's also some other types.

There's definitely a bunch of shit they need to work on, but most of the complaints on the forums now are retards wanting swords to be smaller and asking for mass dueling or other such nonsense that is completely irrelevant to making a working game. A lot of people complain about the 'orgy of telegraphs' in pvp, but that's just how most games are with conal action combat. With the telegraphs you just actually SEE it now. I'm pretty sure we all dealt with the alterac valley matches with Arcane Explosion mages being chain healed to devastate groups. Only two ways around this: either you remove telegraphs in pvp or you put retarded cooldowns on every ability. EVERY ability. The first option seems marginal, and the second option would make this GW2.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chuas are cool, especially their /dance move. On a more serious note, beta forums are now full of negative posts about classes not having depth, LAS system (32 pages), PvP being awful with telegraph orgy, lots of balance / design / bug concerns, etc. It's funny to see once you don't filter in the absolute fanboys anymore (first rounds of beta invites were given to people from Wildstar Central, and other Wildstar fansites), now with everyone and their grandmother handing beta invites to anyone, negative feedback is becoming a huge problem in beta forums. Let's hope the Community Management team won't go full retard on this.
So you're saying its the usual beta forums. As this matches pretty much every beta forum I have been apart of and finally turns into the cespool upon open beta.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah it's pretty bad, I've always had fantasies about being a moderator on a closed beta forum and perma banning people who respond to feedback threads with "It's beta, of course there's mistakes!". I remember back in the Marvel Heroes closed beta I went on like a 10 page long rant about people basically shitting up the forums and subsequently the game because of that shit.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Beta forums are always shit and even more so once the masses are in the beta. It's comical to read some of the stupid ideas people have until you realize that most dev studios take that feedback seriously.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could never be a mod, the ability to hold my tongue and not call some one a driveling idiot is not one of my skills.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Beta forums are always shit and even more so once the masses are in the beta. It's comical to read some of the stupid ideas people have until you realize that most dev studios take that feedback seriously.
Beta forums are always shittier when it's an exclusive closed beta. The players in the beta always feel privileged and were huge fans of the game before actually testing any of it. These are the people who will shut down any negative feedback and state how much they like the current implementation. They'll often reference some other game that has somehow ruined the genre and this game is taking a different approach, etc.

That shit is the worst.