Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think we can play the Korean version without the Korean Social Security Number thing. I made an account for the chinese version, it's not too complicated and been playing for a week now. I'm 28 blade master, the combat is just crazy fun. The rest is extremely linear...the combat has such amazing looking moves, and they are kinda fun to pull off to. Probably the most fun combat system in a MMO personally. And the gliding/flying all over the place is pretty cool.

Not being able to read anything is no a huge issue, had trouble with maybe 2-3 quest that required me to buy something from an NPC for example which is really not obvious when you don't read chinese...the most annoying aspect is to have look up the skills, and skill trees in english to know what they do.

It's definitely more fun than Wildstar combat, and I kinda enjoy the combat in Wildstar.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's definitely more fun than Wildstar combat, and I kinda enjoy the combat in Wildstar.
Which sucks, I really wish a western MMO would do tera or from what people say B&S combat, ie full action, with reticule + left/right mouse swings/fire etc, pretty much almost full FPS system. Not sure why they keep going 1/2 or 3/4 of the way and stop. Could you imagine SWTOR with that kind of combat system /drool.

I would take koreans character design, their armor design, animations and combat and take the rest to make a MMO from western world(endgame, progression etc).

Be interesting to see if B & S gets censored for here or keep it as is, and give it a M rating.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I can find good homes for any spare keys. Have lots of people asking me.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So far I feel like the core of the game is pretty sound, and can be built on. I'm worried that they'll try to rush this out of the door, though.

Quests are hit and miss. They really should get more creative with those.

bayr_sl

shitlord
So far I feel like the core of the game is pretty sound, and can be built on. I'm worried that they'll try to rush this out of the door, though.

Quests are hit and miss. They really should get more creative with those.
Well the "core game" is World of Warcraft, so..........

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Well the "core game" is World of Warcraft, so..........
Yeah, which is fine. But I more or less meant the combat and what not. What they have is cool, but I think they could do a lot more to make it even better. It's responsive, though, and pretty fun.

Their level up pop up is the best thing ever.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
More quest hub to quest hub bullshit with a raid end game for +3? No thanks. Maybe if this was like 2006 or 2008 id be excited.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can find good homes for any spare keys. Have lots of people asking me.
add me to the list as well please
smile.png

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
More quest hub to quest hub bullshit with a raid end game for +3? No thanks. Maybe if this was like 2006 or 2008 id be excited.
This is pretty much every MMO in existence, though. I'm okay with another WoW with better combat and shit. My BIGGEST gripe with most recent MMOs is that they lack raid content. Wildstar seems to be going for raid content at launch, so I'm okay with this.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Still no luck in getting a key and I have subbed multiple years to various NCSoft games over the last 10 years
frown.png
If anyone has a spare key I could use one also.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
This is pretty much every MMO in existence, though. I'm okay with another WoW with better combat and shit. My BIGGEST gripe with most recent MMOs is that they lack raid content. Wildstar seems to be going for raid content at launch, so I'm okay with this.
This is pretty much my feelings on the issue. I dislike quest hubs and wish developers would come up with a better way but I'll be spending maybe two or three days suffering through them. I'll be spending a minimum of 10 times that amount of time (the free month) at the end game, with the potential of spending a great deal more time depending on how fun that is.

Give me a great level 50 experience with meaningful content and I don't give a shit about the leveling experience --- it feels that every MMO in the last decade has been trying to make 'the leveling experience' fun and it's always felt dull/boring. At least they've admitted it and have been focusing their resources on hopefully making an end game that can give me something to do for more than a week.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Give me a great level 50 experience with meaningful content and I don't give a shit about the leveling experience --- it feels that every MMO in the last decade has been trying to make 'the leveling experience' fun and it's always felt dull/boring. At least they've admitted it and have been focusing their resources on hopefully making an end game that can give me something to do for more than a week.
I think most of us feel this way, but a very vocal minority wants to level 1-50 in 10 days played and restart a toon and do it all again. I sure as fuck don't want a game designed to please that person.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think most of us feel this way, but a very vocal minority wants to level 1-50 in 10 days played and restart a toon and do it all again. I sure as fuck don't want a game designed to please that person.
Yeah, it just depends on the player. Considering I could finish new WoW expansions within 6-8 weeks and then drop it because there was very little to do unless you wanted to treadmill shit, I never felt the extreme love some had for that kind of gameplay. Quick level, grind some dungeons, rep, etc for gear, beat some raids a few good times....then? Every WoW expansion felt basically the same after a while at every aspect. Sure, it was fun. It sure didn't last long.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Mist is looking for keys for people he/she knows, not asking if anyone wants some.