Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Animation-locking gameplay like Aion / Tera and GW2 at some point isIMOreally underwhelming, especially when you're selling your game into "action combat". Wildstar isn't really about anim-locking tho right now it somewhat lacks "trick based"combat gameplay. Telegraph wise low level (30ish) PvP is a joke regarding lack of momentums.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure what animation locking has that makes it not action combat. Fighters(SF4, Smash Bro, Marvel etc) all use animation locking as their core, Demon souls/Dark Souls and such use animation locking, in fact a lot of action games use animation locking because it looks better. You press a button, your character perform an action and the hit is based on the animation of that action instead of being fired off instantly and then having an animation play after. It makes the combat look and feel better. The feedback in games that use instant abilities comes from the damage numbers popping up, which is nice but not quite as rewarding.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Animation locking isnt a bad thing imo, its actually a risk vs reward, do you start that move knowing you might be opening yourself up or wait. People seem to dislike it though.

What Wildstar could use is more combos(outside the stun while casting vulnerability).

spronk

FPS noob
got invite to wildstar beta test this weekend (valentines day! woohoo!), didn't really like the game that much last beta weekend but hopefully it feels a bit better now. it looks like they sent out a lot, since both accounts i applied with got in

Start: Friday, February 14th, 7:00 am PST
End: Sunday, February 16th, 11:59 pm PST

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
got invite to wildstar beta test this weekend (valentines day! woohoo!), didn't really like the game that much last beta weekend but hopefully it feels a bit better now. it looks like they sent out a lot, since both accounts i applied with got in

Start: Friday, February 14th, 7:00 am PST
End: Sunday, February 16th, 11:59 pm PST
Oh dang! Time to get serious! V-day W*!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I got invited to the beta a bit ago, but so far I'm not really impressed at the extreme low end. I replaced my gear like 3 times in 7 levels and movement feels gluey. I'd really rather not be tossing my equipment quite that rapidly. It doesn't make me feel like any of it matters at all, or that I either needed the new item or deserved it.

I've yet to try crafting, and that will be significant to me.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
spronk, make sure there's an actual key in the e-mail, looks like there's been some errors with keys being sent.
Yeah, a buddy got in and the key was just {$serialkey}

He got an email 45 minutes later with a legit key.

Later edit: Got in, too. Downloading now. Let's hope this can take the bad ESO taste out of my mouth.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have one (1) stress test key up for grabs, only 1/5 of my extra accounts got an invite. Who wants it?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I'm missing something, how are you guys giving away keys without giving access to NCSoft account/email address?
It's a raffle to get an email with a key in it, which NCsoft account it is entered into is at your discretion. Also, grats Nola on the 5 minute snipe.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm missing something, how are you guys giving away keys without giving access to NCSoft account/email address?
Originally, the first time they didn't send keys, they were attaching them to accounts...but these are just keys that can be used on any account, therefore be giving away without having to give access to the NCSOFT account.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Got an invite as well. Doesn;t seemed to be locked to any specific email/account:

1. Log into your account using the NCSOFT account website.
2. Click "Apply A Code" on the red banner near the top of the page.
3. Paste in this serial key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Let's just hope that a small group of people at NCSoft have been heads-down translating Blade & Soul from Korean to English for the past two years. So as soon as this turd hits the water we can have something worth playing hosted in the US.
pray wildstar fails big time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or god forbid you just have both games. Gamers are not just happy with a game they enjoy, they want anything they are not playing to fail also :p

And you better pray B&S isn't another Tera, where visuals and combat is all it has going for it(and this coming from someone who would probably play both based on hands-on time already).