Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I really hope this game sells like shit and fucking fails harder than vanguard, fuck NCSOFT for putting this piece of shit out before BnS.

iannis

Musty Nester
They'll easily make their money back + some.

"WoW killer" is not in the cards. Too much feature creep and too much design by focus group. But it'll be worth the price of the box, so they've already beat the past 3 years of MMO releases.

Wow Killer is never in the cards for any of these games to begin with anyway. Blizzard is much smarter than Sony was. Some iphone game that you play on the shitter, that's the WoW killer. Not another mmo.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, would love a key to try this out for myself as well - I have been on the "list" since beta signups started, and haven't gotten shit. If you would be interested in giving me a key, I would be stoked.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shocked more regular Closed beta invites haven't gone out, though not sure they have cleaned house yet.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they want people stress testing it doesn't make sense to also hand out full beta keys along with it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I was more speaking in broad terms, not just this weekend time period. Not like inviting another few thousand to CB is going to take away numbers for a weekend stress test.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I was more speaking in broad terms, not just this weekend time period. Not like inviting another few thousand to CB is going to take away numbers for a weekend stress test.
Well they did a fairly large wave in january, most testers(well active testers) got 3keys and they sent a bunch more too. I assume they're content with how many people they have atm playing the beta, don't really need more than enough people to populate 1-2 servers really.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
the video is about adventures (group content).

Its like a sort of dungeons runs, where basically only gives exp + reputation, no loot is involved. Each zone has an adventure (except the starting zones) with its own rep vendor. The ''different'' thing is that inside the adventure there are several choices u can take depend on how u answer to various npcs u meet during it, and that will result in differents bosses, npcs, zones of the adventure itself. There are also different things to do inside.. its not onlythe classic trash > boss > trash > boss.

Also the type of adventures its rly different, one of my favourite was a sort of alterac valley where there are tons of point, more point u capture more stronger will be your npc, (or the enemy). Mobs will come in waves moba style and so on, and you need to destroy enemy base before yours is done, while defending your nodes and killing enemy heroes.

Adventures also come with veteran difficulties (for lvl 50), which are often involved in unlocking imbuement for epics (special procs on armor and wpns).

not sure this is nda breaking? if so ill edit it out, but all this info u can find on reddit as well.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Nevermind, just figured out the stress test key is this weekend only. Thanks!

Are "stress" test keys different than closed beta keys? Or they all the same at this point?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What in the hell is the time frame for this stress test? Google doesn't seem to want to provide an answer.

If it starts tomorrow, I'm in. If it's just Saturday/Sunday though, I don't know. And I don't wanna use the key if I'm not going to play. But that requires NCSoft actually telling me what fucking time this thing is.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What in the hell is the time frame for this stress test? Google doesn't seem to want to provide an answer.

If it starts tomorrow, I'm in. If it's just Saturday/Sunday though, I don't know. And I don't wanna use the key if I'm not going to play. But that requires NCSoft actually telling me what fucking time this thing is.
got invite to wildstar beta test this weekend (valentines day! woohoo!), didn't really like the game that much last beta weekend but hopefully it feels a bit better now. it looks like they sent out a lot, since both accounts i applied with got in

Start: Friday, February 14th, 7:00 am PST
End: Sunday, February 16th, 11:59 pm PST
Right from this very page.