Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Looks like I missed the train. 3500 people in line.

This game fucking sucks. Whoever voted for this server is dumb.
This is an MMO launch. This is what happens on popular servers. In a week, when the servers have lost 30%-50% of the people logging in daily, this will still be a full healthy server, while the ones with no queue's now, will be ghost towns.

Thats the way these things work. Like most things in life, the easier it is, the shittier it tends to be. You make a LAUGHABLE sacrifice now, for a better experience for the days/weeks/months/whatever ahead.

If anything, these Queue's have made me a lot more confident that this was the right server. But yeah, I haven't been able to get in for the last 3 hours, that sucks, but we live in the future, where there are literally a million other options for me to kill some time with.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Fuck.. 9 hour queue for Widow server...
frown.png
Was really looking forward to getting a Solid 10hr session in.

DMK_sl

shitlord
This is an MMO launch. This is what happens on popular servers. In a week, when the servers have lost 30%-50% of the people logging in daily, this will still be a full healthy server, while the ones with no queue's now, will be ghost towns.

Thats the way these things work. Like most things in life, the easier it is, the shittier it tends to be. You make a LAUGHABLE sacrifice now, for a better experience for the days/weeks/months/whatever ahead.

If anything, these Queue's have made me a lot more confident that this was the right server. But yeah, I haven't been able to get in for the last 3 hours, that sucks, but we live in the future, where there are literally a million other options for me to kill some time with.
I think he knows that.. Was more a joke/sarcasm thing.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Also one thing I do enjoy is the zones aren't too huge where you spend 10 levels in each and get over the zone 5 levels in like ESO.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm still in the entry zone (the one right after Crimson island), and I'm lvl 14. To be fair, I think I'm almost done with it, but yeah, I've got close to 10 levels in here >_<.

And yeah, the average queue for me says 15 hours or whatever, but its usually about 2. My issue was, that I got to char select screen, hit Enter World, and got an error. Kicked me back to login screen... put me back at the end of queue. Uhg.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I had over 1000 people in front of me. Been waiting over and hour. :/

We may have chosen our server poorly. lol

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank god for mute, so sick of waiting and listening to this launcher music. I so need to turn it off when I finally log in.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Buuut individual servers build community!

So dumb to have to do the queue dance a decade later.

Just instance every fucking zone and let people choose which zone instance they're in. Default to zones with guildmates and people on your friends list in them.

Bonus points because you don't have a zillion people on the 3 servers without stupid names.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
The quests in my area aren't that bad. Especially since I have a guild to shoot the shit with. It's the que that's annoying.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Welll if we are confident that the server will be cool in a week on the queues (you know, when the game retail launches) then I'll play the guy I rolled earlier today when it allowed me to connect for 15 minutes before dumping me back into the queue.

Until then I'm lucky to get a few hours to play a game, I'm not spending what little times I have in queues.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know what the fuck is up with not being able to purchase a mount (transation denied, not enough cash) despite definitely having enough cash?

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
You would think that since 1999 and the amount of MMO's that came out, they would learn their lesson but nope.

1. Decide how many servers you are comfortable launching with.
2. Triple that fucking number.
3. Profit.

DMK_sl

shitlord
You would think that since 1999 and the amount of MMO's that came out, they would learn their lesson but nope.

1. Decide how many servers you are comfortable launching with.
2. Triple that fucking number.
3. Profit.
Incorrect. The damage done to a game when servers have to be merged with another due to people leaving is huge. People think the game is dying, bad press etc etc. When more servers are being added due to a swell in population that's a huge plus..

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They should just give every registered account one free server transfer. So people can spread out for the launch and get back together when things have calmed down in 1-2 weeks ...