Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Stave

Potato del Grande
I've been stuck at 269 in the queue for 20 minutes anyone else have this problem?
I got stuck at 104 earlier and thought hey maybe it froze up or something. Sure shit, I alt-f4'd and logged back in and was right at the character select screen. You shouldn't lose your spot in queue alt-f4ing unless you have been frozen long enough you timed out of the queue I would assume, but anyways, just something that worked for me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Having a lot of fun so far. Hit 21 tonight. No major issues since the morning, queues notwithstanding.

I went around a corner I knew there weren't mobs at on a map and found a new Scanbot type. Was pretty pumped to see random things again without every tiny interaction bread-crumbed or something so required that you would have to look it up on a db site. Clutter issue seems a lot better this time around. I'm sure it's mostly me getting used to what looks like what. Did one L15 adventure... interesting. We almost wiped a few times, nothing was particularly difficult in it, just a lot of mobs. Overall I didn't really like the dungeon itself but the 'choose your own encounter' thing was pretty nifty.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Aaaannnddddd.... first lvl 50 on Ithika (DE-PVE), i cant believe it took him just 24h. Cazy people...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I got to level 10 on my Medic before I had to go be social in the real world, which seems like it was good timing given the queue issues. I've found the Medic at launch, while not as strong as it was when the class was first added, to nevertheless be improves over the more recent iterations I tried a couple months back.

Did they get rid of the cool entry zone weapons which got infused and powered up after you earn enough exp with them? I thought that was a really cool way to reward killing a local miniboss just slightly off the beaten trail but when I killed the mob I thought gave it yesterday I just got a coin reward.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I have to say this is an extreme fleshed out world. So much to do and really polished (launch issues aside)

Caliane

I got to level 10 on my Medic before I had to go be social in the real world, which seems like it was good timing given the queue issues. I've found the Medic at launch, while not as strong as it was when the class was first added, to nevertheless be improves over the more recent iterations I tried a couple months back.

Did they get rid of the cool entry zone weapons which got infused and powered up after you earn enough exp with them? I thought that was a really cool way to reward killing a local miniboss just slightly off the beaten trail but when I killed the mob I thought gave it yesterday I just got a coin reward.
no. still there.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am having a ton of fun with this. I am really really apprehensive about running any dungeons with a PUG though. I really liked how the game punishes you at early levels with telegraphs that become increasingly complex. Get hit by a telegraph ability and that's probably going to be 3/4 of your life gone. Should do well to teach players the importance of avoiding them.

I've given up on explaining interrupt armor though. NOBODY seems to understand it.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, raided a world boss called Stemdragon. Wasn't huge, but was pretty cool. I did get caught up in his teles one to many times and died. Was really fun and got an achievement!

Ryoz

<Donor>
They need a mechanism to kick people out of the game when they're afk. This is basic shit. I know yesterday I thought I logged out and came down an hour later to find myself still sitting at the same spot. No wonder we're seeing absurd queues.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This is an MMO launch. This is what happens on popular servers. In a week, when the servers have lost 30%-50% of the people logging in daily, this will still be a full healthy server, while the ones with no queue's now, will be ghost towns.

Thats the way these things work. Like most things in life, the easier it is, the shittier it tends to be. You make a LAUGHABLE sacrifice now, for a better experience for the days/weeks/months/whatever ahead.

If anything, these Queue's have made me a lot more confident that this was the right server. But yeah, I haven't been able to get in for the last 3 hours, that sucks, but we live in the future, where there are literally a million other options for me to kill some time with.
Wow, this usually happens with a new MMO launch? I had no idea, this is my first one. Well I did play Farmville that one time.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

I got mine. Killed a big bug and it gave a bag which had a skull which turned into a quest which killed the big warbot thing.

Caliane

Its a bit more confusing in later zones. the first starter zone has 1 named mob basically. and it will drop the quest item.
Its also still easily soloable.

outside of that first zone, you start running into named mobs constantly. many of which require 3-5mans.
normal quest mobs have will have like 1.5k hp, the named mob has 36k. but they don't seem to drop special loot or quest items. i'm not entirely sure what the deal on them is.

should point it out though, do not miss that quest in the starter zones. you get a weapon, from that quest that will pretty much last you the ENTIRE next zone.
The blue level 6 weapon will last you until level 15.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'll just pay to transfer servers later (when available) when my friends stop playing assuming people here are still playing too.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Tradeskills seem very expensive. Never did them in beta, but even the initial items cost 16ish silver to make (armor) since I don't want to use dropped cores for the work quests. On the upside, every piece of heavy armor I make is better than anything I have gotten from quests or dropped. Still only halfway down the Novice tech tree.

But, money is slowly becoming a problem. I only have 2g left now though at level 13 (nearly 14) and certainly can't upgrade much of the house. Then there is the mount....

Guess I need to start selling things. Been salvaging everything I can since level 6 (including items I make, so no resell value).

EDIT: When it comes to nameds. In the first island, killing nameds often/always yielded a yellow item that started a quest for an item. Or they dropped items. Since leaving the island, I don't think I've seen a single item drop from a named. How do they work? Do you need to be in groups to do them? I noticed that if other people attack them first, their names turn grey, so I guess they are tagged, but when I tag them and other people come to aid later, I still don't get any rewards. It's gotten to the point where I just ignore elite/nameds now unless I have a quest for them.

Caliane

yeah. crafting is a giant vacuum. I do not really recommend.
housing probably more fun and better investment, as well as mount.

Cooking seems bad. you instant heal out of combat, so I dont even know why there is food really. the stat buffs from good food is pretty minor. Not remotely worth the time.

Two harvesting crafts, AH it all for cash, then pick up a trade later might be a route. But also should be noted, no early access to an AH. which also reduces the market for early recipes, mats, etc.

I'm not sure why mmos do this. They at least made it so, the main city taxi is automatically attached, at the first town. (pretty sure it wasn't in beta for the longest time.) But still a cost there.
Like how they added a stylist to the first town as well.

Alot of that shit should have been readily available. The tutorial has that housing representative... but you can't see housing till level 14.. Makes no sense. Especially with rested EXP issues. Again, that shit should be level 5 max, if NOT there in the tutorial.

On THAT note, settlers can often set up beds/sleeping bags. Which give rested exp when you use them, and logout within 60s.
Celestion. just east of woodhaven, the small camp with bike, and stylist, on the tree are beds a settler can set up.
South of sylvan glade, the explorer camp, for the eldan quest area, next to darkbite. there are sleeping bags a settler can set up.
With no tutorial, even the settlers probably don't know these have that function.