Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I'm rolling a Warrior tank. I just hit level 10? 11? last night. Didn't have a ton of time to play this weekend. I'm in the SW portion of the first real area and I kind of randomly went down here. I think I have like 10 quests right now all over the place.

Anyway, I'll stand by what I've said this whole time. Outside the combat and the class system, the game is top notch. My main reason for not being excited about the game is the quest-driven-treadmill part. It's dull overall, but I'm softening on it.

The combat is better than I remember, animations and floatyness are much better. Warrior isn't as boring as I remember it being. So big A+ there. I think they must of tightened up the telegraph sizes where my swipes with my sword itself feel correct.

I'll have to re-try the freeform mod Toxx is talking about. It didn't feel good when I tried it a year ago.

I still have to say I dislike the class system. There isn't anything special about it. It's not bad, but I dislike it because it's so standard. I was hoping for something more interesting. The ability to put points into your skills saves it a bit though. It's well done for what it's attempting to do (minus normal balancing stuff), but I would of loved to see something different.

If the devs hold on to their stance of difficult challenging content the game will probably do well long term. If they cave and make dungeons and raids ez-mode OR if they make content with 4 levels of difficulty it'll just chase people back to WOW. This game can't be just NewWow, it needs to be different and the only difference they can really compete with is difficulty and exclusivity of content.

My 2 cents.
I played Warrior in Beta and combat was a bit clunky with them. Swapped to Engineer and it's quite a bit more fun. Not saying you should swap, but I think early on warrior is just plodding. I'm leveling slow (work / baby / travel) but if you want to group up at some point I'm down.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Playing a warrior, too, and enjoying it but I really haven't put any time into properly learning it yet. I'm mostly just chopping heads off and dodging attacks, which is still fun.

Not sure if I'm going DPS or tank. Tank seems like a ballsy move for someone with young kids that can get called away at any moment so I'll probably lean DPS.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So apparently Renown is earned anytime you are grouped with people in a circle while question. This happens even if they are somewhere else in the game, not working on your quest, and not even in the same zone or level!

So tonight I'm going to make a social circle for Exile PvE side Stormtalon for Renown earning. PM Lelix in game or Selix(me) on this forum if you want to join. This is not the RR guild it is just a social circle for Renown earning.

2nd post:

Anyone getting into crafting yet? I'm debating whether or not to do all gathering for monies or just go mining/armor off the bat and get myself tank gear.
I've been leveling Mining/Relic Hunting and I'm sitting on 50g at 24 after buying my early mount for 10g and spending another 10-15g on costuming. Also forgot I put a 31g bid down on C.R.E.D.D although I probably will get it back since no one has sold me any C.R.E.D.D. So almost 100g earned total by 24.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I played Warrior in Beta and combat was a bit clunky with them. Swapped to Engineer and it's quite a bit more fun. Not saying you should swap, but I think early on warrior is just plodding. I'm leveling slow (work / baby / travel) but if you want to group up at some point I'm down.
I played Engineer up through level 10-15ish I think in beta. It was a very fun class indeed. I decided to not play one because everyone is playing one and I really didn't want to deal with a pet class and managing the summoning of them.

That being said, warrior feels really good right now. Leap in, chop down with my sword and do a spender where I jump into the air and swing my sword a bunch of times and shit dies. It's not plodding at all. I remember the Warrior in the first 3-5 levels in beta was just swing sword, use the saw attack that dots up mobs and it was boring as fuck. Now you feel like you're hacking shit now and it's fun.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Who's heading up the Exiles on Stormtalon?

Edit: and does anyone have a link to some class guides?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If you want class guides, hop on the official forums. There are some very good and informative posts on each class for the most part.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
One change they made from beta that I'm not a big fan of is the breakouts, it used to be spam "F" now it's assigned a random key (usually like W, E, etc) I use a Nostromo so I don't have access to those keys unless I move my hand back to my keyboard (move using joystick).

Anyone else have a workaround/suggestion for this?

Caliane

One change they made from beta that I'm not a big fan of is the breakouts, it used to be spam "F" now it's assigned a random key (usually like W, E, etc) I use a Nostromo so I don't have access to those keys unless I move my hand back to my keyboard (move using joystick).

Remap your keyboard movement keys to something you can hit?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Question. If you lose an AMP item you got from a quest... do you lose it forever?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who's heading up the Exiles on Stormtalon?

Edit: and does anyone have a link to some class guides?
If you are looking to raid 40m content with good people my guildies ended up starting on Stormtalon :: Exile. Hit me up on Bnet Ao or pm me here if you want their info, you wont need to apply or anything I can reach out to them. Don't know how serious they are (im not playing) but they were a top 5 world guild in Rift that didnt raid test like the others.

They have room for about 10ish I think depending on who makes it to max and ready to raid if anyone else is interested.

Vitality

HUSTLE
rrr_img_68231.jpg

That feel when your 1600 qty Knotted Hardwood buy order at 50c/ea fills over night and you vendor the wood at 2s 30c each.

xHunt3r_sl

shitlord

The breakout keys are whatever you bind... strafe left, forward, strafe right, and back. I'm sure you have those bound to your Nostromo, dont you?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I rolled an engineer, and I am loving it...but hating on the pets. They path pretty badly, and get stuck in combat a lot, which is preventing me from mining.

I ended up ditching them right now, and I'm a botless engineer for now...which is still pretty fun...I mean I have a big fucking gun and blow shit up.
smile.png

I miss the interrupt from the tank bot though.

I'm just level 12, I started mining and armoring. I love that you select which stats go on the armor you craft, I can make myself tanking gear that way and it seems to be pretty good compared to drops and quest gear so far.

The problem is I am broke, like just 40 silver to my name now.
smile.png

Even at 12, the game is a bit more challenging than most MMO, I don't mean it's extremely hard, but some mobs have pretty mean telegraph.

Not having played since they went on a blackout, I had forgotten how much I loved the game. And enjoy the combat, even if the class design is a bit underwhelming.

At work now, and can't wait to be home to play some more.
smile.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
The breakout keys are whatever you bind... strafe left, forward, strafe right, and back. I'm sure you have those bound to your Nostromo, dont you?
Is it me or does spamming dodge roll count as breakout inputs for certain CCs?

Also I did some marathon PVP the other night, went from lvl 14 to 19 in a few hours spamming the Practice Grounds.

XP Breakouts:

Moodie Mask BG (10-15 mins to complete): 10% xp per loss - 25% xp per win (Getting about 10s and shit-grab-bag for a loss, 25s and shit-bag + nice-lootchest for a win).

Capture Point Domination map (20-25 mins to complete): ~25% xp per loss - 40% xp per win (Seem to always get a nice-lootchest whether you win or lose.

---

Got my Support Power PVP weapon from a shitbag the other night as well. As well as random furniture and green items that vendor for near a gold.

All in all, Leveling from just PVP is a thing, decent rewards. Just need to keep up on tradeskills to offset etc.

Racked up 4k prestige and like 2k reknown last night, hopefully the prestige translates into some good shit endgame.

----

Was running a hybrid DPS/Heal medic spec and a full heal medic spec.

Hybrid: 150k dmg / 200k heals
Full Heal: 14k dmg / 320k heals

Won more matches as full heals for obvious reasons, had more fun as hybrid.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

Also I did some marathon PVP the other night, went from lvl 14 to 19 in a few hours spamming the Practice Grounds.

XP Breakouts:

Moodie Mask BG (10-15 mins to complete): 10% xp per loss - 25% xp per win (Getting about 10s and shit-grab-bag for a loss, 25s and shit-bag + nice-lootchest for a win).

Capture Point Domination map (20-25 mins to complete): ~25% xp per loss - 40% xp per win (Seem to always get a nice-lootchest whether you win or lose.

---

Got my Support Power PVP weapon from a shitbag the other night as well. As well as random furniture and green items that vendor for near a gold.

All in all, Leveling from just PVP is a thing, decent rewards. Just need to keep up on tradeskills to offset etc.

Racked up 4k prestige and like 2k renwown last night, hopefully the prestige translates into some good shit endgame.

----

Was running a hybrid DPS/Heal medic spec and a full heal medic spec.

Hybrid: 150k dmg / 200k heals
Full Heal: 14k dmg / 320k heals

Won more matches as full heals for obvious reasons, had more fun as hybrid.
You doing double gathering?

Caliane

Breakouts are complicated.

More things that should have been part of a tutorial, instead of the shit they did.

Blind, blacks out the screen. Abilities fire still.

Disorient, remaps your movement controls.

Disarm, throws your weapon on the ground. you have to go pick it up.

knockdown, use a dodge roll to break out.
Stun. spam F.
Tether. destroy the tether.

Root. is hold?/spam a directional key.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You doing double gathering?
Yeah for now, to rack up the gold then probably go Technologist + something else end game.\

Mining at lvl 20+ is like 25s a node for basic mats, so it's worth it for sure.

Survivalist is decent when pulling beast mobs as there's a chance the mob will drop leather that goes for about the same price as mining mats.

Really though, I haven't kept up with the tradeskills while spamming BG's, because the queues are near instant. I just keep my buy orders stocked with gold to game the noobs quick-selling.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
What is it with people unable to understand simple english. Every single pug today in STL: "pull this mob behind this wall", every single time they all just stand there, pull the adds and wipe the group. Ad nauseum. Also tanks with add who run around in circles and dodge for absolutely no reason are super annoying to heal as a medic. I think I need to stop doing so many pugs.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I was stoked to play a new type of healer but I'm not sure I'm feeling it ++ for the first time ever there is a dickton of healers running around. Considering rerolling tank, not sure yet. I've yet to do a dungeon so maybe I'll stick it out for that.