Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was stoked to play a new type of healer but I'm not sure I'm feeling it ++ for the first time ever there is a dickton of healers running around. Considering rerolling tank, not sure yet. I've yet to do a dungeon so maybe I'll stick it out for that.
They'll drop off a lot once they actually start healing dungeons, I get fairly fast queue times as a healer and into a lot broken up groups.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Question. If you lose an AMP item you got from a quest... do you lose it forever?
I accidentally sold the first amp I got from a quest on my esper when I didn't really understand what was going on. Didn't realize the mistake I made until later on when I understood the system better.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I was stoked to play a new type of healer but I'm not sure I'm feeling it ++ for the first time ever there is a dickton of healers running around. Considering rerolling tank, not sure yet. I've yet to do a dungeon so maybe I'll stick it out for that.
A good warrior is a thing of beauty, atleast in the 29 bracket.

And yes, healing is over-saturated right now because 3 of the 6 classes do it fairly well. There have been games where the majority of my team were healing and we just turtled and drug a game out to a loss because no one was doing damage.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Are they artificially putting in caps on server population to create login queues in order to encourage new players to roll on a lower population server?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Are they artificially putting in caps on server population to create login queues in order to encourage new players to roll on a lower population server?
IDK man, probably, it's weird though because they have a phasing system setup for a lot of the overworld areas.

2 hour queue is kinda rough if you DC because you have to go take a shit that takes longer than 10 minutes. Sometimes you just find a nice article in US Weekly man..

I was like 1600th in Queue the other night on Widow (Exile). Decided to give the GF a massage, do the dishes, take the trash out, make some broc-cheddar soup etc.

#queuemakesmeabetterman

Needless

Toe Sucker
I like the warrior quite a bit, it sort of makes me sad that i can't go sword and board to tank but i'll get over it :p

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
IDK man, probably, it's weird though because they have a phasing system setup for a lot of the overworld areas.

2 hour queue is kinda rough if you DC because you have to go take a shit that takes longer than 10 minutes. Sometimes you just find a nice article in US Weekly man..

I was like 1600th in Queue the other night on Widow (Exile). Decided to give the GF a massage, do the dishes, take the trash out, make some broc-cheddar soup etc.

#queuemakesmeabetterman
I would kill for a 2 hour queue. On Pergo I started up my client at 4 and just gave up again around 8 to go watch GoT. Fucking unreal.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I like the warrior quite a bit, it sort of makes me sad that i can't go sword and board to tank but i'll get over it :p
I really wish I knew more warriors that wanted to pvp on the regular, warriors are a big deal right now in the 29 bracket. Super tanky, and great spike damage with AE knockdowns etc.

In my limited experience over the weekend I've noticed a severe lack of quality dps classes jumping into the BG's. I've seen matches where the Dominion have like 700k dmg and 500k healing halfway in and my team has like 450k dmg and 800k heals.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I would kill for a 2 hour queue. On Pergo I started up my client at 4 and just gave up again around 8 to go watch GoT. Fucking unreal.
Most of the zerg guilds went Pergo, hyper-inflating your queue bro, also fck I forgot about GoT last night.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'll be getting this game once the box version is available. I usually play rogue types in MMOs but the Esper sounded cool so I was planning on playing one of those. Then I read here today that there are a ton of healers out there but not many tanks. Since I like insta queues when I do pug dungeons, now I leaning toward stalker.

I didn't play in any of the betas but based on what I saw on the character builder, how you spend your AMPs determines if you are going the tank or DPS route. In addition, you can only slot 8 abilities at a time so you can switch back and forth between tank and DPS depending on which abilities you slot. Is that pretty much correct?

Lastly, since this game has telegraphs you have to avoid or take lots of damage, are melees harder to play than ranged characters?

Arterial

N00b
As cool as it is to see big raids again I am not sure this game is big enough to support 20-40 good players with the current trend of people playing a MMO for a bit then leaving after the first few weeks if the game is good or bad. I played a few toons up to 20 during beta it was pretty fun, but it runs like shit on my PC for some reason now, a few of my guildies are getting that region bug and I can't pvp with a group because it tends to stall and never load when you go into a arena

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'll be getting this game once the box version is available. I usually play rogue types in MMOs but the Esper sounded cool so I was planning on playing one of those. Then I read here today that there are a ton of healers out there but not many tanks. Since I like insta queues when I do pug dungeons, now I leaning toward stalker.

I didn't play in any of the betas but based on what I saw on the character builder, how you spend your AMPs determines if you are going the tank or DPS route. In addition, you can only slot 8 abilities at a time so you can switch back and forth between tank and DPS depending on which abilities you slot. Is that pretty much correct?

Lastly, since this game has telegraphs you have to avoid or take lots of damage, are melees harder to play than ranged characters?
On the point of Amps: Yeah they matter, as they unlock some key skills in tier 3 etc. They aren't ultra spec deciding though, gear stat choices have more weight as far as I can tell.

On the point of stalker tanks: One of my bros runs this, it works out okay. Warriors and Engis are also pretty decent. They did a good job balancing the support roles here atleast at lower tiers.

Swapping skills out on your bar is much easier than swapping Amps as it doesn't cost any monies.

Telegraphs are a bitch in this game for real, as a stalker tank you'll be more prone to getting hit by them, the key here is to have a healer worth a shit paired up with you in most cases. Especially PVP.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I never really had any issues with FPS hits, but some people are claiming they did a lot of optimization in the last few weeks. And new drivers from nvidia might of helped.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I never really had any issues with FPS hits, but some people are claiming they did a lot of optimization in the last few weeks. And new drivers from nvidia might of helped.
I'm not having any issues at all (all graphics settings maxed out), and I've gotten in some pretty sick ass fights where there's a billion spell particles blasting my screen. (I'll probably turn these down as it gets pretty ridiculous at times)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
IMO they are doing what most MMO's of this type of server nature are doing. They are herding players to balance the population. Keep caps lower then expand them once you balance things out a bit.

Also in case anyone missed it, Ayth_Quest is a must get add on to assist in questing. You will love it, unless you are one of those breaks my immersion fags.Ayth_Quest - Quests and Leveling - WildStar Addons - Curse

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Jesus christ. On one hand I want to play with my friends, but on the other, fuck all that. I don't have the time to sit around in queues all the fucking time. Hopefully it gets better pretty soon.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Jesus christ. On one hand I want to play with my friends, but on the other, fuck all that. I don't have the time to sit around in queues all the fucking time. Hopefully it gets better pretty soon.
I feel you babe, that's why I went widow, although I'm not sure it made much of a difference. But slam-jammed queues at 3am seems kinda egregious.

Add me @vtality on Widow Exile if you do a swap.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, Pergo has definitely been retardedly ridiculous. Slightly considering rerolling just so I can play. Although I did get in instantly this morning (wooo)