Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are they artificially putting in caps on server population to create login queues in order to encourage new players to roll on a lower population server?
They will probably never confirm or deny, but it would be smart. You can't trust the player population to spread out on its own.

Also the AFk timer is pretty long in this game, something like 15+ minutes. Not sure on actual time, I just know I was able to boil water and make some noodles and clean the kitchen and I was still in the game when I came back.

Arterial

N00b
They will probably never confirm or deny, but it would be smart. You can't trust the player population to spread out on its own.

Also the AFk timer is pretty long in this game, something like 15+ minutes. Not sure on actual time, I just know I was able to boil water and make some noodles and clean the kitchen and I was still in the game when I came back.
I went afk for at least an hour and wasnt logged out

misery_sl

shitlord
Bought the game. Leveled to 9 last night. Can't play today because work. Fuck work.
I'm having a good time with the game so far. I found out that I was trying to convince myself not to play the game for some reason, and I kept making excuses as to why I shouldn't play it. Finally thought what the hell and went through with it. Having a good time so far.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Bought the game. Leveled to 9 last night. Can't play today because work. Fuck work.
I'm having a good time with the game so far. I found out that I was trying to convince myself not to play the game for some reason, and I kept making excuses as to why I shouldn't play it. Finally thought what the hell and went through with it. Having a good time so far.
Yeah you know what, this game isn't as ass as I thought. I mean 1-15 content and over-all character power-feel is definitely pretty ass early game. But once you clear that hurdle and gain some relevance in your character power etc it seems to shape up. Also some of the events are pretty rad, did this zombie defense event that was actually pretty challenging.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Need to buy a naga on my way home. I was considering buying online but fuck man jumping, dodging, and hitting abilities? Anyone doing this all with one hand?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Need to buy a naga on my way home. I was considering buying online but fuck man jumping, dodging, and hitting abilities? Anyone doing this all with one hand?
I dodge and cast from my mouse. The spammy abilities I have bound to keyboard just so I don't shake the shit out of my screen while Mouse Running.

Shit like instant heals and mending/prot probes are best on mouse for reflex casting. Same with cc breaks.

Malkav

French Madman
Anyone else can't access adventures via the dungeon finder or whatever?

Two times in a row I'm queuing for the lvl15 one, get a group in about 15minutes, and then infinite loading screen, I never get inside the instance.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, worm popped on me and proceeded to fucking kill me. Didn't know it opened a mine, that's pretty rad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I had one of the nodes get up and run away, had to CC it then mine it down for double the ore. It was hilarious, reminded me of a Coblyn from ff14.
Haha, i've seen them jump up and try running away but i haven't seen anything fight back yet.
I haven't put a lot of time into the game yet though, was pretty busy over the weekend and could never get onto Stormtalon
frown.png

Hopefully i can get on relatively quickly tonight

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So if you thought the first 20 levels were boring and tedious as fuck, would you enjoy post level 30 content?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So if you thought the first 20 levels were boring and tedious as fuck, would you enjoy post level 30 content?
The game picks up the enjoyability pace around level 16-17, mainly because your character stops being a limp noodle and more content options open up.

Ryanz

<Banned>
So did anyone else who bought the game from NCSoft have to actually wait a while before they sent you a head start code? I thought that stuff was sent immediately after purchase, now I have an email saying it might take 48 hours to process...wat?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So did anyone else who bought the game from NCSoft have to actually wait a while before they sent you a head start code? I thought that stuff was sent immediately after purchase, now I have an email saying it might take 48 hours to process...wat?
I just clicked apply code and it was listed (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-####) etc. Check the box then click apply to account and it should be good to go. It was baked into their purchase process.