Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well the idea is to put a buy order for super fucking low so when there's huge sell-offs late at night you skim some off the bottom. The only thing you're risking is just the time it takes to tie up your capital.
No doubt, but I need the capital first! I put in a buy order for some wood and it seems likely a better bet. I was level with 60s and I think I need money for my Taxi. #walkofshame

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
So I hit level 15/16 last night and finally went to Ilum. Fuck I'm too poor to buy a mount. Finally got my Power Hitter amp for 60s.
23 and still foot-running.

Not because I can't afford it (40g) but because my gathering would become instantly irritating because jumping on/off mounts to get them drives me nuts. The only time I'd want to have a mount is for long distances to a camp, but between the sheer amount of quests around and the 30 min recall, it's more than bearable to hoof it.

Getting the Hoverboard anyways at 25 so didn't see the need to spend 10g early on, bought skills and got a jump on crafting instead.

Vitality

HUSTLE
No doubt, but I need the capital first! I put in a buy order for some wood and it seems likely a better bet. I was level with 60s and I think I need money for my Taxi. #walkofshame
Pick up mining and go get some titanium, you can make about 24-30 silver per titanium node in sell ordered ore, it gets bought up very fast.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's strange to see such positive response to the game at launch.

During beta, it seemed most people didn't really like it. It was too much of a themepark, they didn't like the classes, and felt combat was just ok, and a little gimmicky.

Now, essentially all the same complaints kinda still exist, but are mitigated by people having fun I guess.
smile.png

I know me and my friend are having a blast, I'm playing a tank engineer and he's a healing medic which is usually what we do since it makes finding a group easy, and we know the tanking and healing will be good.
smile.png

We just hit 14 last night, after playing most of saturday, some on sunday and monday and tuesday night.

We're not in a rush, we're reading quests, exploring every part of the map, doing our path quests...we duo all the time, we have alts for the other person is not on to keep exactly at same level and quest progression.

we're having a blast on teamspeak...it usually goes like this.

Me: I need healing.
Him: I am healing, stop dodging out of it.
Me: Learn to position and target better.
Him: Oh, did you just die? Don't worry, I'll rez you.
Me: Fuck you.
smile.png

Anyways, we're having fun.
smile.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
Doing BG's for 8 levels solid got me pretty decent at aiming the medic heals. People flying around like bats out of hell spamming dodge key every time they see a red mark on the ground. What's nuts is they're more likely to live if they stay in one spot than if they dodge around like sonic the hedgehog.

Especially considering some of our more powerful effects like Barrier have extremely small GTAE Boxes.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Pick up mining and go get some titanium, you can make about 24-30 silver per titanium node in sell ordered ore, it gets bought up very fast.
Yeah I'm still tier 1 mining. Can't do titanium yet. I think I'll be farming it tonight. Where is a good concentration of ore for Dominion?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am kinda surprised they still have not yet fixed the erratic functionality of Name plates yet. That is one of my bigger pet peves in this game because sometimes it works and other times it does not just randomly.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I'm still tier 1 mining. Can't do titanium yet. I think I'll be farming it tonight. Where is a good concentration of ore for Dominion?
Oh god I have no clue on this one, probably just head to your leveling area and keep to the edges of the mountains/rocky outcrops. You'll see green waypoint style things on your minmap/map that indicate ore locations. They're pretty spread out so it's best to work them into your leveling.

Profitability in mining is pretty high, my buddy is tier 5 mining and has 200g+ just from ore sales. He's hardcoring the fk out of the game though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I am kinda surprised they still have not yet fixed the erratic functionality of Name plates yet. That is one of my bigger pet peves in this game because sometimes it works and other times it does not just randomly.
Yeah I'm a little rustled by the nameplates resetting every time you log out.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone else having a hard time placing the GTAEs? I dont know if it's a latency thing or running into GCDs but I seem to have a really hard time activating and then properly placing the GTAE effects. This gets exacerbated when dealing with emergency heal situations.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Anyone else having a hard time placing the GTAEs? I dont know if it's a latency thing or running into GCDs but I seem to have a really hard time activating and then properly placing the GTAE effects. This gets exacerbated when dealing with emergency heal situations.
I have smart cast enabled, I tried doing the double activation thing and it just took twice as long to fire off the abilities.

The delay is pretty busted when relying on things like Barrier for a quick oh shit moment.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Doing BG's for 8 levels solid got me pretty decent at aiming the medic heals. People flying around like bats out of hell spamming dodge key every time they see a red mark on the ground. What's nuts is they're more likely to live if they stay in one spot than if they dodge around like sonic the hedgehog.

Especially considering some of our more powerful effects like Barrier have extremely small GTAE Boxes.
How fast does it feel doing pure BGs? Are wins/losses giving generally the same % as you go or is it going down as you level?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are the limitations of the guest passes?

It's strange to see such positive response to the game at launch.
Eh, at this point, I challenge anyone to find me a MMORPG that wasn't sunshine and rainbows the first week or two at launch.

Vitality

HUSTLE
How fast does it feel doing pure BGs? Are wins/losses giving generally the same % as you go or is it going down as you level?
Level times while pvping are about 1.5-2hrs per level if you're constantly losing like I am because Exiles are ass.

Cut that in half for dominion and it becomes quite a competitive leveling strategy.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I got a bunch salvaging gear... you can also build a mining area on your housing plot. I think it's supposed to allow you to farm those ores easier without having to run back to the old zones.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I got a bunch salvaging gear... you can also build a mining area on your housing plot. I think it's supposed to allow you to farm those ores easier without having to run back to the old zones.
Most of the time you get more just vendoring gear you would otherwise salvage, money wise.