Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ireallyshould've tried more classes during beta. I'm having such a hard time figuring out which one I want to stick with as my primary, even going so far as toying with tanks, which is something I never play in MMOs. It's hard to figure out which class/role will be the biggest challenge for me since I never played any class higher than level 15.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ireallyshould've tried more classes during beta. I'm having such a hard time figuring out which one I want to stick with as my primary, even going so far as toying with tanks, which is something I never play in MMOs. It's hard to figure out which class/role will be the biggest challenge for me since I never played any class higher than level 15.
The thing is a lot of classes don't really shine until after 15 and in many cases 25. Sometimes you really need a few rounds in PvP and/or dungeons to get a good feel for a class.

An Esper from what I hear is mostly stationary pre 15 but really starts to become a powerhouse later. Warriors at 25 become beasts in PvP. Stalkers with tether piss everyone off
smile.png
. Engineers are fairly steady and solid levelers but at 25 your entire bar and leveling spec changes with tier 4 powers unlocked. And so on and so forth.

The question is what do you historically like playing? DPS? Support? Range? Melee? Tank? Healing? Magic? Pets? Gank? Unkillable?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Espers are still stationary at cap due to their innate. Telekinetic strike or whatever is called is still your bread and butter. Esper DPS is essentially TKS spam and Bird at 5 combo points. The class is retarded because in order to be prime DPS, you need to put a shitty heal that is off GCD but generates a psi point on your bar. So unless you're healing or debuffing you're pretty much using the same two skill rotation that you have at level 2.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Yeah that's esper in a nutshell, telekinetic strike, instant cast illusionary blade and spam Bolster for psi points. It's a pretty bad class and I regret rolling it. Should have gone with broken as fuck warrior

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah, I was between Warrior and Esper and it looks like I chose wisely for the first time ever! However, I'lll probably never hit 25+ fast enough before they nerfbat everything.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I tried an esper and immediately logged out once i saw their main attack was stationary lol, that shit doesn't fly in a game like this at all

Warrior is fun though even though i'm a scrub that just got my house :3

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
I rolled an esper got him to 14 and did the public-boss stem dragon and after seeing all the telegraph shit being flung everywhere with 16 people there's no way I'm playing a class, who is almost completely stationary, for the rest of the game. I've just got a spellslinger up to 9 and while it seems like he does less damage overall the mobility far makes up for it. And the blink/stun that spellslingers get is pretty awesome. Are espers the only class with a stationary basic attack? Seems like a huge disadvantage.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Dammit I rolled Esper too, but I just started, sounds like I should be a warrior :p

Xevy

Log Wizard
Warriors get awesome at 25+ and just keep getting better. They're going to be FOTM PVP class for 50 until people learn to CC and kite us better.

I (32) hit a 32 stalker for 5k twice in a row last night. He was not pleased. Honestly it was during a big fucking brawl so my stars aligned and I had self buffs o' truckin all up. Tremor + Tremor = Prestigeezy Peezy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
No game crashes. No glaring interface errors. Only had one broken quest. Several annoying or downright obnoxious type quests - but that makes for good gameplay, right? No issues logging in, other than the 30 minutes it took to initialize the login servers during advanced start launch. And the occasional "you're already logged in" when logging out and back in. Minor UI issues, like the resetting nameplates on log out - sometimes mobs nameplates will disappear, which can lead to death when you accidentally pull 6+ mobs since you didn't see them.

Biggest complaint is the 24 hour cooldown on Ilium teleport. Should be 2 hours, max. 20 minutes on the local teleport is good. The first mount is nearly so slow it's almost not worth using.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I rolled an esper got him to 14 and did the public-boss stem dragon and after seeing all the telegraph shit being flung everywhere with 16 people there's no way I'm playing a class, who is almost completely stationary, for the rest of the game. I've just got a spellslinger up to 9 and while it seems like he does less damage overall the mobility far makes up for it. And the blink/stun that spellslingers get is pretty awesome. Are espers the only class with a stationary basic attack? Seems like a huge disadvantage.
You definitely need to check out the rest of the Esper's skills. They're not entirely stationary, nor are all battles constant movement. The skills are just like any other casting skill -- there's a cast time.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I tried most classes up to 10ish in the betas which in hindsight didn't tell me a damn thing as many of you are saying. Ended up rolling a spell slinger with the goal to heal for the first time. 17 now and after experiencing an adventure and seeing the healing telegraphs etc. (espers telegraphs - I was dps) plus the spellslinger innate I cannot say I'm exactly thrilled to continue leveling with the goal of healing. Leveled a warrior to 15 2x (once in beta, once in live that I deleted) and still wasn't all that impressed entertainment wise but I had a pretty gimp LAS going and no AMPs spent. After doing some reading I've made a new one and push to 20 I suppose and see how it goes.

Ialwaysplay warriors so thought I would try something different in hopes that it sticks but I don't know if its going to pan out and you definitely can't really judge a class until at least 15+ imo. Clear the entirety of the 5-15 zone then make a decision.

TLDR; Not impressed with spellslinger innate, not excited about healing, trying a boring warrior now that I've read into them a bit

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm actually really liking this game. I'm kind of being casual at the moment but I'm really enjoying my time playing, also the game really reminds me of Psychonauts sometimes, especially with the music, and there ain't nothing wrong with that haha. Soundtrack to this game is fucking awesome.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The question is what do you historically like playing? DPS? Support? Range? Melee? Tank? Healing? Magic? Pets? Gank? Unkillable?
I generally go for support/CC roles, which I think is my primary problem, since there aren't really any heavily support based classes. I like the type of class that needs to stay on his toes and can turn around a battle if played well. DPS has never been a big concern because min/maxing to get the biggest numbers has always been tedious to me.

Espers are still stationary at cap due to their innate. Telekinetic strike or whatever is called is still your bread and butter. Esper DPS is essentially TKS spam and Bird at 5 combo points. The class is retarded because in order to be prime DPS, you need to put a shitty heal that is off GCD but generates a psi point on your bar. So unless you're healing or debuffing you're pretty much using the same two skill rotation that you have at level 2.
Esper's the class I've been playing the most. I figured it'd feel the most comfortable to me since I usually play mentalist classes (Enchanter in EverQuest, Mesmer in GW2, Controller in CoH). I know I haven't gotten him high enough to understand the full capabilities of the class, but there's something about him that's just so contrary to Wildstar's combat system. I don't hate the class, and maybe I'll come to appreciate as I unlock the rest of his abilities, but there's something about him that feels off and a little outdated.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Used a buddies guest pass, and the somehow everyone came together on the same server as the Forum Guild. Is its name "Mythas"? -- Im like astounded at the progress the game has made since I last played. I have awesome fucking FPS now and everything seems so fluid. Much fucking better.

Another question: I feel like the game is punishing me for using mouse movement. Am I right clicking on objects and not knowing it? Is there a way to clean up that whole interaction between the UI and movement?