Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just starting and looking for a decently active guild to play with. Obviously I am just starting, but doing everything without even gchat to entertain me, well that sucks!

Tried all the links on page one and none of them worked and who has time to sift through 470 pages?

Anyways, post here or PM me.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Make friends with Soothe, Banner and Reverie. Bolster on tank for fast psi, Mind over body for throughput, phant-armor is debatably good to buy time, cleanse and meditate based on encounters. I have a crush for Crush as well.
For me the first 5 are the untouchables, rest varies. It can be proj spirit, warden, hell everything really, depending on fight and group.

Target tank, never leave target, soothe and reverie are for dps, if they dodge your heals, they die, rightfully so.

Lots of fun to be had.
I'm having a hard time seeing the value in using Mending Banner over Reverie, especially if I'm the only healer in the group.

I know MB is single target that heals more and costs less focus than Reverie but in every boss fight I've seen so far everyone is taking damage, not just the tank. Soothe by itself hasn't been enough to keep DPSers alive. Of course that could be a L2P issue for DPSers and Soothe should be enough to keep them topped off. If Soothe isn't enough, it's because they aren't dodging telegraphs properly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You guys pretty much have a Stalker tank vets? They're literally broken right now and basically cannot die. Like, they can NOT die except if an excessive burst of damage (like boss hit + two AEs stacked together). I've been tanking as a warrior and our healer said it's a fuckton harder to heal me (regardless of dodging red like a pro) than the stalker tank. Also warrior aggro is....very CD reliant.

Any other vet tanks?

Goonsquad Officer
I'm thinking of picking this up. me and a friend and maybe another thing. I'm thinking of engineer tank, he's thinking esper healer.

is engineer tank worth a shit?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have an issue where you keep getting invalid login information while trying to get into the game, but are able to login to your ncsoft account page just fine?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure you can send whispers cross server. It's like /whisper[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */message for the format. I know that's how it works with inviting people across servers for dungeons, not sure if it works out of dungeons, though. You can't right click their name to do it (at least I couldn't) but text commands work. So, example, if you want to talk to frank on server beta, it would be "/whisper[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */Hi." I'll have to try this when I log in to confirm, but I am positive that using the command "/invite[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */" sends a group invite cross server to frank.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm having a hard time seeing the value in using Mending Banner over Reverie, especially if I'm the only healer in the group.

I know MB is single target that heals more and costs less focus than Reverie but in every boss fight I've seen so far everyone is taking damage, not just the tank. Soothe by itself hasn't been enough to keep DPSers alive. Of course that could be a L2P issue for DPSers and Soothe should be enough to keep them topped off. If Soothe isn't enough, it's because they aren't dodging telegraphs properly.
Banner is for focus concerns, Reverie can dry you out quite quickly if you just use that. Dps can take damage but can also sit in your soothe, align it in a way as friendly as possible to them, it takes 20 seconds of explaining and it'll be an easier life for everyone.
Also you should consider that at higher levels, t4 and t8 of mending banner are fairly good (especially t4) for tank healing, while reverie t4 is pretty much godly for group healing.

Anyway I don't think there is a better way to heal in all situations, LAS is a very flexible system (I wish AMPs would be the same) and its usage should be changed everytime. Run dungeons with dps that know the fights and you'll notice a reduced number of reverie casts, it's just like that.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Anyone have an issue where you keep getting invalid login information while trying to get into the game, but are able to login to your ncsoft account page just fine?
Ran into that problem when trying to play from a hotel. If you have a dynamic IP, that might be the problem.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys pretty much have a Stalker tank vets? They're literally broken right now and basically cannot die. Like, they can NOT die except if an excessive burst of damage (like boss hit + two AEs stacked together). I've been tanking as a warrior and our healer said it's a fuckton harder to heal me (regardless of dodging red like a pro) than the stalker tank. Also warrior aggro is....very CD reliant.

Any other vet tanks?
Holy shit do I agree!~~

Ive got a Stalker Tank friend on Widow server (and yes, its "/whisper[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */" for cross server) and he was tanking for me last night for the first time since he got 50 (green and blues!!!). His ass WOULD NOT die. Seriously. Take Stormtalon, the boss, for example. Even after 10+ attempts, it was only ever him and I that would make it to the boss for interrupts and each time, he would not only live through that (Since you have to break 4 armor, altogether 5? and I would die), but make it into the next phase (eye of the storm) without anyone healing him, tanking the boss. The other tanks Ive had in comparison (havent had any guild tanks yet, dont throw a tantrum) get hit like Trucks. The Stalker needs a small nerf and the rest of the tanks need a buff imo.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....

Any other vet tanks?
I'm a warrior tank. Really don't understand the consternation at the moment. While we're not obviously broken like the Stalker right now I never have any agro problems(T5 Polarity, T8 Menacing, T8 kick, no atomic spear or jolt). I'm at roughly 40k hp and 1400 support power and I've yet to run into much of anything that can kill me, even double pulls of that annoying Skullcano trash that hits like a truck. Once they nerf the other two a little warrior should be fine. My primary concern right now is strikethrough, which I lose every time I get an "upgrade" and turns random deflects at the beginning of fights into problems. Warriors are also arguably the best speed run tank because if you have a dps warrior as well it's perma-powerlink and we can cycle through 3 interrupts every 17 seconds.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Banner is for focus concerns, Reverie can dry you out quite quickly if you just use that. Dps can take damage but can also sit in your soothe, align it in a way as friendly as possible to them, it takes 20 seconds of explaining and it'll be an easier life for everyone.
Also you should consider that at higher levels, t4 and t8 of mending banner are fairly good (especially t4) for tank healing, while reverie t4 is pretty much godly for group healing.

Anyway I don't think there is a better way to heal in all situations, LAS is a very flexible system (I wish AMPs would be the same) and its usage should be changed everytime. Run dungeons with dps that know the fights and you'll notice a reduced number of reverie casts, it's just like that.
Maybe i missed it, but do you go for T8 Soothe? Or T4 and T4 Mind over Body? Or something completely different?

I am running with T8 soothe, but I am not sure if it's a good decision over a T4/T4 split (thought I have to use MoB rarely).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Now that I have a house, mount, and all my skill slots unlocked the game feels a lot better. Granted I was able to get my mount because I got the hook up from "Discount"(SP?) thanks man that 15 gold really made a difference. Early explorer path is still balls though, and in no way about exploring it is about following waypoints and finding the right spot to dig/plant a flag etc.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
How are you all making plat at 50? I'm not a big fan of AH whoring, just curious if anyone has some nice grind spots somewhere?