Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the big content update's site is up, and while I'm cool with that, I do wonder how many people are set aside to fix bugs and balance issues? Hopefully it's not like GW2 where they take forever to address things.
The outlinethey discussed prior to launchwas that there would be three types of patches: hotfixes, weekly patches, and content drops. The weekly patches are primarily focused on bug fixes, though the content drops are supposed to include bug fixes too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
  • Loot tint bag, minor excitement.
  • Pull out 'HotDrop Orange', get excited that I finally have a non-pastel sounding color.
  • Race back to town to try this shit on.
  • 'HotDrop Orange' is actually pastel beige.
  • Rage.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Exile DPS LF or forming static Vet Dungeon group, Mon-Fri 5pm-2am EST, all day on Sat, Sun

As long as you are Exile, server doesn't matter
smile.png

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Not playing this but curious how these compare to Rift's original expert level dungeons? Before they nerfed them there was only 2-3 groups of us on the server who could run all/90% of them, shit was pretty challenging but it was definitely doable without VOIP even though on some you needed some extremely quick response times on various mechanics/stuns etc. Making me wish I would have had time to try this out but I had to say no for the hardcore push and daddy doesn't do casual!
Difficulty is roughly the same. Coordinating interrupts is 90% of the battle, but progressing to the raid(getting silver on them all) is a huge fucking cockblock that is going to obliterate 95% of the playerbase. All these guilds propagating "casual" raiding are going to get their shit pushed in. The fights themselves are not hard, hitting the gear/dps check and putting it all together smoothly so you can come in under the bar is the hard part. My group can do Stormtalon in like 23 minutes, but you switch one dps and suddenly it's a huge ordeal just to make it in under 30. It seems crazy but just 10% more damage makes the fights 30% easier because you remove so much of the shit that can actually kill you by finishing phases faster. Killing Stormtalon in 1:55 is infinitely easier than killing him in 2:25.

What class are you Tear?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I would say this is less forgiving than vanilla Rift, certainly in terms of reward. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they don't start nerfing stuff within a couple of months.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I would say this is less forgiving than vanilla Rift, certainly in terms of reward. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they don't start nerfing stuff within a couple of months.
If they do nerf, hope the amount of time allowed to get silver is increased and not the actual difficulty.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exile DPS LF or forming static Vet Dungeon group, Mon-Fri 5pm-2am EST, all day on Sat, Sun

As long as you are Exile, server doesn't matter
smile.png
Hist is playing with a bunch of our crew on Stormtalon // Exile, dont know if you can cross server chat or if not I can give you there mumble.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
While playing the esper, the demand for a tank has raised a lot also in guild chat (add the eternal healer queue for dungeons).
One thing that irks me is that the non healers are generally quite sucky at soloing prime mobs and let alone mobs intended for more than one player and this doesn't go well with me being the crazy soloing hunter from wow. With the esper I can kill all the 2+, most of the 3+ if not all and even attempt some 5s (these usually ends with me watching a larger repair bill than I should ever pay, but I disgress, the idea of trying is cool).

I'm not terribly turned off by playing both a melee and a healer, but I'd rather stick to one character at least until I'm raiding and stuff. For those who have the experience, are there any major drawbacks in playing a tank over another? I played them all to 15 or thereabout during beta and I remember warrior having threat issues that were later solved. I could give a tank a serious try, but would like to hear some opinions. I was levelling a stalker, but I'm 17 and I'm stuck because of the sucky soloability vs harder than normal mobs, they are doable, but usually a gigantic pain in the ass and I die a bit too often on mobs that are trivial for the espy.

Artifa

N00b
I think all classes have a soft spot where your skills/amps aren't quite there (or possibly not bought/slotted). They all seem to come together in the 20s/30s I think

Sasuke_sl

shitlord
Quit ESO for obvious reasons. Picked up Wildstar on a whim. Tried out the leveling to 50 doing pvp only... 4 days 8 hours later I've got a level 50 Mechari Stalker. Literally 0 PvE was touched after level 6 and I realize it's going to fuck me over eventually but I just wanted to see how it went.

What do I do now? (serious question, not trolling)

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Quit ESO for obvious reasons. Picked up Wildstar on a whim. Tried out the leveling to 50 doing pvp only... 4 days 8 hours later I've got a level 50 Mechari Stalker. Literally 0 PvE was touched after level 6 and I realize it's going to fuck me over eventually but I just wanted to see how it went.

Well if you plan to do PVE raids you will have to start doing all the attunement requirements which afaik is all PVE stuff.

Some quests provide AMPs as rewards. No idea if they are also dropped by mobs and thus available for purchase on the AH/CE. If not you may want to do those quests to get your missing AMPS.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Dailies are in Crimson Badlands. Need to get a ride from capital city to there. You should get a quest guiding you to the relevant NPC for your faction when you ding 50.

Key for raiding :http://i.imgur.com/NaNBVbE.jpg

Veteran dungeons and adventures using group finder, but you need to zone into each first :Dungeon and Adventure Locations - Dungeons, Adventures, and Shiphands - WildStar Forums

Voldeths advice on how to start is good :Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion - Page 445

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you pvp'd the whole way and then want to raid, have fun with that rep grind(as iirc pvp gives no rep).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Healing on my Esper is fun as hell. Just did the first adventure.

Now I'm depressed about hearing about healer queues in vets. Bah Humbug. Oh well. Love the esper too much.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So total noob here still playing on the friend code, but when or where do you get a mount? and how much does it cost? I find the run speed in this game totally unacceptable.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
So total noob here still playing on the friend code, but when or where do you get a mount? and how much does it cost? I find the run speed in this game totally unacceptable.
The major city you get to at level 15 has a mount vendor, cheapest is 10 gold, and ask a guard where the mount vendor is....

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is your LAS setup for healing?
Make friends with Soothe, Banner and Reverie. Bolster on tank for fast psi, Mind over body for throughput, phant-armor is debatably good to buy time, cleanse and meditate based on encounters. I have a crush for Crush as well.
For me the first 5 are the untouchables, rest varies. It can be proj spirit, warden, hell everything really, depending on fight and group.

Target tank, never leave target, soothe and reverie are for dps, if they dodge your heals, they die, rightfully so.

Lots of fun to be had.