Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to just limit flying mounts. Other than that, I'm okay with them.
Flying mounts would be fine if they were attackable from the ground. Having npc's shooting you down in areas the devs don't want to trivialize and all that. Invisible walls suck.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Goddamnit. Wish I'd never read this thread, or heard about this game this far from launch/OB. Now I want to play and am intrigued. After all the MMO punishment I've subjected myself to over the years, I still want more. Glutton for punishment I guess. Game looks interesting.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Conspiracy time. If those leaks were from actual leakers and not some kind of viral marketing thing. Why didn't they post the client download link and all the other good shit you can find in the client? Either the leakers are fucking tarded or that site is just clever PR.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Probably PR. I mean.. you're not going to avoid leaks at all, and they even stated that when they posted those patch notes. Who knows. Who cares, soon enough.. we should hopefully be playing it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
so how is this going to be different than an amalgamation of WoW and GW2?
Honestly, I don't think it will be that different. From all I've read and seen...my opinion is that this will be WoW 2.0, with GW2 type combat.

Improve most aspect of Burning Crusade era WoW with action combat and I'll be happy if that is all I get. I love WoW, I generally play it like once or twice a year for 2 months at a time. What's really stopping me from playing all year long is the slow pace of content release, the somewhat outdated content...everything is static, and the non-action combat. But I still love the game.

Wildstar just seem to be a modern version of it, with the small advances of the genre...and a fresh setting.

Honestly that is pretty all I want or expect.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's not going to be different, it's just going to be refined. Here is the game in a nut shell:

1-Max Level content
End Game Content: Raids circa WOW Vanilla/TBC, "Heroic" Dungeons
PVP Battlegrounds, Arenas
Housing
Typical Crafting

New Stuff:
Paths - an extra layer of content on top of existing content. An interesting addition, but not really earth shattering.
Mod System - Circuit Board Crafting is kind of a combination of Diablo Gear and Socket gems. Might be fun. Might be frustrating.
Telegraph System - Take GW2 combat (soft tab target) and it becomes a hybrid of WOW and TERA. Toss in directionals to your attacks and you get telepgraph combat. Watch a video of it.

Essentially, from what I can see, the game will launch with a function cross server LFD system (not LFR). The are taking out the gear saturation and "easy of access" that made WOW feel very flat and ubiquitous that it is today. If you still enjoy a WOW like game with the normal stuff, Carbine seems to take the model and refine it feel like old school WOW but with more content, and additional systems that have evolved over the years.

I hope that makes sense.
TLDR: Modern day WOW 2.0.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
It's not going to be different, it's just going to be refined. Here is the game in a nut shell:

1-Max Level content
End Game Content: Raids circa WOW Vanilla/TBC, "Heroic" Dungeons
PVP Battlegrounds, Arenas
Housing
Typical Crafting

New Stuff:
Paths - an extra layer of content on top of existing content. An interesting addition, but not really earth shattering.
Mod System - Circuit Board Crafting is kind of a combination of Diablo Gear and Socket gems. Might be fun. Might be frustrating.
Telegraph System - Take GW2 combat (soft tab target) and it becomes a hybrid of WOW and TERA. Toss in directionals to your attacks and you get telepgraph combat. Watch a video of it.

Essentially, from what I can see, the game will launch with a function cross server LFD system (not LFR). The are taking out the gear saturation and "easy of access" that made WOW feel very flat and ubiquitous that it is today. If you still enjoy a WOW like game with the normal stuff, Carbine seems to take the model and refine it feel like old school WOW but with more content, and additional systems that have evolved over the years.

I hope that makes sense.
TLDR: Modern day WOW 2.0.
So let me ask a completely hypothetical question here. If you play Wildstar and put it down after 2 months, are you going to be satisfied enough with it to call it a success? Make no mistake I am following this game closely and have high expectations for it so I do think it will last longer than 2 months but I just wonder what the expectations of others is.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Personally, because once this launches my daughter will be 6-10 months old, I will not have time to dive into it like I did years ago. But let's ignore personal life and assume I have the time and inclination to poopsock again.

For the last decade, if I play an MMORPG longer than a month I'm surprised, and I've only done so with WOW and Rift. I'm satisfied if I get 3-4 weeks out of an MMORPG and have a little fun. I consider that a good way to spend $60. Now will I call it a success? That really depends honestly. For example, I had a lot of fun in the few weeks I played AOC to 80 and did some PVP. I got my monies worth, but I would not consider the game a success at all. It was a disaster.

I would consider it a success if I'm poopsocking and I end up spending 2-4x more time at level cap than I did leveling. So if it takes 80 hours to hit max level and I end up spending 300+ hours in the game at max level, then it's a success in my book.

Will that happen with me though? I don't know. I get so tired of the leveling grind these days, that most games I end up just quitting before I hit max level like in SWTOR. Wildstar's leveling mill might be so fucking boring to me because it's all quest based that I just might quit after a week or two because I have no patience anymore for that kind of gameplay. Wildstar will need to hook me with the combat system and game design to get me through the quest/level grind.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So let me ask a completely hypothetical question here. If you play Wildstar and put it down after 2 months, are you going to be satisfied enough with it to call it a success? Make no mistake I am following this game closely and have high expectations for it so I do think it will last longer than 2 months but I just wonder what the expectations of others is.
For me at least, I would answer with yes. If ,after getting to play it before buying, I find it fun enough to buy(going on the assumption there will be a box price) then my expectations from that point are to play to max level, see, gain and do "almost" everything(I am not a super competitionist and need to see every foot of the world or have every single slot with best gear) in whatever time that takes. Even from games that people on this forums call a failure, I got at least 70-80 hours of fun playtime out of every one, for a measly 60 bucks, that's a success for me personally(again that's just for me, that's not for the business, or in terms of the industry/market).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What seems to be an old class selection UI window still on the client. Probably some old names, or class they were thinking about at some point.

Still fun.
smile.png

rrr_img_25764.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering I never got any kind of hardware survey that supposedly went out to some people, I don't think I will be making any of these test.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Someone extracted a bunch of the music from the client. This is one of them, the guy has like 15 or so. I kinda like it.
smile.png