Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Paths look good but the question is can they keep up with player content consumption? Even more so while trying to cater everyone in 6 directions... I cant think of any game that did keep up even with simple level and raid for +gooder stuff, let alone several other avenues of player interest. Unfortunately this fairly important question wont be answered until they release the game, until then it'll be hype train all the way. This also loops back to the question if being a game people just transition through is good enough, if that is what carbine is building, or if a result like that would be unsatisfactory to them as developer.

They have alot of features that promise entertainment, they probably think they'll buy themselves 6-12 months from release until players exhaust what is available and plan accordingly. Then after 6-8 weeks players have used up that "year" of content and the issues start. Look at, well, any MMO the last decade for examples.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
They seem to be very dedicated to the elder game and giving folks alternative things to do if they decide to play alts. I can only imagine that the variation of going through the content 4 times (one for each path) is rather tempered.

Regardless, the more I read the more excited I get.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Whether it's PR bullshit or not, I have no clue, but they recently mentioned that they had 50-70% of the people working on the Elder game right now.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Team WildStar ?@Team_WildStar
Our first #WildStar stress test is this weekend! Invites have been going out for the last 24 hours, so check your spam folders!

Glad I signed up day one for no reason.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
pointless ganking
shaking-my-head-picture.gif

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They made mention of buildings needing upkeep, so for example, if you pass a building thats starting to look run down, say the fence is broken, and no one does anything about it, the building will continue to fall into disarray and eventually be unusable\gone. Not sure if we will graphically see this, or if every player building will just have a health bar that lowers with time and use, but yeah, upkeep is supposed to be "a thing" settlers deal with.
/jaded mother fucker on
None of this will happen the way anyone thinks. Creating anything will be shit and broken as fuck in some way. Horizons tried pulling this shit too, no one has ever pulled it off, not even a little bit. This is the next guild wars, going to be awesome for a month, then mass exodus.
/jaded mother fucker off

Here is to hoping it will be good.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This sucks. I'm going through a job transition and I have 2 weeks off with no beta invite. Oh well that would be my luck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This sucks. I'm going through a job transition and I have 2 weeks off with no beta invite. Oh well that would be my luck.
Yeah bro, I am on a month job transition. I have about three weeks to go and I have nothing to do. Burning through books though I guess!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Personally, because once this launches my daughter will be 6-10 months old, I will not have time to dive into it like I did years ago. But let's ignore personal life and assume I have the time and inclination to poopsock again.
You'll have plenty of time. It's after the 3rd kid that you no longer have time. At least in my experience.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Carbine is some hardcore MFers to hold a stress test on Memorial Day weekend! I'd want to take that time off, but I'm glad they're doing it....if I get an invite.

xzi

Mouthbreather
/jaded mother fucker on
None of this will happen the way anyone thinks. Creating anything will be shit and broken as fuck in some way. Horizons tried pulling this shit too, no one has ever pulled it off, not even a little bit. This is the next guild wars, going to be awesome for a month, then mass exodus.
/jaded mother fucker off

Here is to hoping it will be good.
Probably, but there's always hope. I think GW2 sucked shit after a month because they focused so much on RvR they kind of forgot the rest of the game, and people get bored of zerg base trading after a while.