Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yeah pug'ing dungeons was a soul crushing endeavor the first time around. I ran that first level 15 dungeon once on my Warrior on the PTR and even given like 20 seconds people couldn't interrupt that first boss.
The problem was that interrupt armour system and most classes not having enough interrupts to solo lockdown a boss. Pugs actually had to work together to time their interrupts, and the likelihood of that happening in a pug is near nil without someone actually taking the reins and the others actually paying attention to the leader.

So it made the game very pug unfriendly since most people just want to play and have fun and not deal with the stress of taking the responsibility of leading, hence why there are so few "tanks" in games.

It's interesting how one system really impacted the dungeon experience for average players looking to have fun and pug.

Then if that was not enough they put in a medal system which punished failure harshly and caused people to leave once gold or even silver was no longer possible and it just became a completely toxic system for pugs.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had forgotten about the interrupt armor mechanic. I really hated that mechanic. I'm just too much of a filthy casual for this game. I prefer as close to zero stress as possible in my games. RL is more than stressful enough. The only thing interrupt armor accomplished was causing groups to start fighting with themselves and then quickly fall apart. How is that a win?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Did they ever go through and balance the classes or the gear? I played with a bunch of PVPers at launch and this game became a shit show really quickly with the telegraph light show, gear mismatches and certain classes just being 100% better then anything else.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I think the general rule of thumb is if you didn't enjoy the core gameplay the first time around they did not change anything that will make you enjoy it now for the most part. If you were annoyed by the hardcore mentality they originally took but did enjoy the game then you may still enjoy it now or enjoy it more.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll give it a try, with the new implemented mouselook and skills #1 and #2 usable from mouse keys, it could be less tiring to play, maybe even more fun. It's free, so why not?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I heard they are screwing up "relaunch", server keeps going down, authenticaton problem, can't login, super long queue etc. Both their official forum and reddit are funny to watch.

Lohk_sl

shitlord
As of now there are 4hr+ queue times for f2p people. Those that pay may be able to get in, however, it's so fucking laggy that the game is unplayable. Maybe Carbine needed another year to prepare their servers?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yesterday night (EU time) I couldn't login, later past midnight I could get to the character selection screen. This morning before leaving for work, I managed to login and I can testify that there is a game still.
I changed to mouse look and MB2 didn't work at all (I checked my keybindings and even tried to invert MB1 and MB2) so I lol'ed and went to work. Tonight I suspect I won't be able to login, so... oh well.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I'd queue and forget about it but it dumps me out of the queue every few minutes.

I played about 30 minutes the first time around, but wanted to see if it ran a little better this time.

Yeah was thinking of trying this , really hated it in beta was just so tiring fighting each mob as if it was some sort of raid boss. Doubt they changed that aspect of it? But then again , i even hated the world and its races...yeah fuck this game.Thought i would share this.....have a nice day.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, general combat wasn't hard at all. It was actual bosses and dungeon trash that took awhile to kill, and a lot of it had to do with the fact that -many- players simply didn't optimize their builds for anything, and I would wager that some had points spent in borderline useless stuff. When I finally got into groups where players weren't newblars, it was a cakewalk and shit died fast. Not even overgeared (though I think that was basically impossible if they were doing the newblar dungeons), just not having points spent in abilities they don't use and similar, as well as watching the floor.

Interrupt armor was a bitch, for real, even in groups of people who generally were good otherwise. It helped immensely if one person (read: me) just had a super interrupt heavy build as a warrior. I think I could get 3 or 4, and with points spent in them they had similar cooldowns, so it was just a matter of waiting for abilities on bosses and then dropping my interrupts as a group. More often than not, it would remove the armor, and one of the other group members would use their token interrupt because even monkeys know that if you see a long casting animation, you try to stun it out of it.

I thought the world/design/feel was pretty great, it was just the way that dungeons and the quests were specifically designed that got to me during the trial month. Dungeons were retardedly overtuned for their level ranges, and there was a lot of "collect 10 bear asses" type quests, which I'm not a fan of at all. Otherwise I enjoyed it, but time commitments for mmos are not really tailor made for my schedule anymore, and the amount of coordination that even the newbie dungeons required kind of made me think EQ: Space edition and I decided that I'm too casual for being hardcore enough to enjoy the game at a price.

Now, since it is free, dinking around in it every now and again doesn't seem like a bad idea at all.