Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
He and Draegan are conductor's on the "THIS GAME IS THE WORST GAME EVER AND ANYONE WHO LIKES IT DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING" train. Or at least they were when the game came out.
They still are. Not that anyone cares.
I'm confident that people on this forum can figure out by themselves what they like and what they don't, but it's amazing to see the lenght some people go in order to criticize something that doesn't conform to their perfect idea of MMO, which doesn't exist anyway.

I said myself this game wasn't worth paying for on a monthly basis, but it's not bad, on the contrary it's well done graphically, it has personality, animations are really good, the humor is nice. Quests are also quests and WS doesn't make them particularly interesting, basically only the zone story is worth reading, the rest is bear asses garbage, but it's so fast to grind out small tasks that it doesn't really matter.
Combat is hit or miss, either you love it or you hate it. For me it's fun, especially healing, it's very dynamic and it's quite challenging, but I'm not a fan of the interrupt armor mechanic (especially for pugs, even if people are learning).

For free? Yay.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
They still are. Not that anyone cares.
I'm confident that people on this forum can figure out by themselves what they like and what they don't, but it's amazing to see the lenght some people go in order to criticize something that doesn't conform to their perfect idea of MMO, which doesn't exist anyway.

I said myself this game wasn't worth paying for on a monthly basis, but it's not bad, on the contrary it's well done graphically, it has personality, animations are really good, the humor is nice. Quests are also quests and WS doesn't make them particularly interesting, basically only the zone story is worth reading, the rest is bear asses garbage, but it's so fast to grind out small tasks that it doesn't really matter.
Combat is hit or miss, either you love it or you hate it. For me it's fun, especially healing, it's very dynamic and it's quite challenging, but I'm not a fan of the interrupt armor mechanic (especially for pugs, even if people are learning).

For free? Yay.
Honestly I don't feel like any MMO is worth a monthly fee. How FFXIV is getting away with it I'll never understand. WoW can only do it because it came from a time when that was acceptable.

Lohk_sl

shitlord
There are obvious issues with the game and being only 24 I'm sure I haven't experienced much. But the game is... fine. The subscription doesn't give you anything truly amazing and the cash shop is... fine.

ClearHelpfulCanine.gif

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'll agree it's a well-designed MMO from the standpoint of it vs "Something Asian" made, but I'm not sure what it is about this game that has the opposite effect it's supposed to have on me... sleep.

I mean, the music is amped, the announcer-tool guy yells loudly and often for level-ups, zone intros and the like, the combination of colors of everything from armour/weapons to environment are psychedelically bright, obnoxious and seizure-inducing but I still can't put my finger on what it is about this game that makes me yawn. I did an Esper to 50 at launch which was pretty good but got worn out on the same old dailies in two months, but I figured the amount of time that passed since then would make the game feel newer and fresh, but the leveling I can't take.

They need a SWTOR-type 12X to get me through all this boring side quest stuff so I can just do the main parts of the zone. I think that game ruined me forever because of that feature now.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Honestly I don't feel like any MMO is worth a monthly fee. How FFXIV is getting away with it I'll never understand. WoW can only do it because it came from a time when that was acceptable.
Constant, meaty updates and a huge loyal playerbase demand a sub.

Keeps the riff-raff out.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I like it. I wish they had fun hair colors for humans though. The house stuff is great. I switched my craft to architect so I can make house stuff.

Love the boards:

rrr_img_112514.jpg

I did take 20k falling damage while skating down a straight road though. My connection was being maxed out by a usenet download at the time.

Another wish, I wish they would set the tcp socket keepalive. My isp made a change a week or two ago and since tcp connections get suddenly and randomly closed. If keepalive is set it recovers quickly, but alot of games don't.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm not saying it's perfect, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. The dungeons are pretty nuts.

Constant, meaty updates and a huge loyal playerbase demand a sub.

Keeps the riff-raff out.
I tried to like it, I really did. I can only assume that its mostly Final Fantasy fans. I will agree that they add a lot of content regularly. Hopefully WS will do that again soon.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
I tried to like this game, but they took what I hated about goofy Wow armor in the opposite direction. The art style just feels like it's already been done.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I did take 20k falling damage while skating down a straight road though. My connection was being maxed out by a usenet download at the time.
Change your usenet downloader to max out about 200 or 300kps shy of your absolute maximum download speed. That should leave enough room to not drop packets with other services. I can download at a max of 9200 kps, but i have sabnzbd set at 8400 just because of the amount of traffic on my network. Doing that lets the kids/wife do netflix without any quality loss.

Caliane

Halloween event is meh.

but I do recommend checking out the Back to the Future, hoverboard racing event. its kindof great.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Halloween event is meh.

but I do recommend checking out the Back to the Future, hoverboard racing event. its kindof great.
Yup, and apparently there will be more hover board stuff in the future. They should really add a derby or something to this game like FFXIV has for Chocobos.

The Shade's Eve adventure is neat except for the first part in the thicket. Fuck that shit. Rest of it's aight. I like when you have to run for your life and dodge stuff, it's not hard but it's neat. Still enjoying the game a lot, though. Anyone else still playing? The population still seems pretty stable, though I think GW2's expansion had a small effect.

Caliane

yeah. they went overboard with the thicket. the maze in the dark, with flashlight is great. Putting in ridiculous CC measures is retarded. players hate lose of movement control.

Lohk_sl

shitlord
I'm still playing.

Doing dailies for costumes n' shit is a real fucking drag. Their event was crappy, imo. I haven't tried the hoverboard thing, though. Could change my mind on the whole thing.

The instance is pretty neat. Would have really liked it if I just fought the boss at the end of the Thicket though. The transition seemed unnecessary.

Anyone notice the store pricing for stuff? $20 for a mount/housing plot? Holy shit. Maybe I'm just poor.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently I set up an authenticator on my old phone so I need to dig that out, may get on this weekend to check it out again.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno what it is about this game. I want to like it. It has lots of effort, plunty of polish and pretty damn fun gameplay at times.

And I am completely and utterly bored.

Same thing with GW2 I got to cap and dropped it. Amazing game. just not for a long haul I guess. Ahh well.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I dunno what it is about this game. I want to like it. It has lots of effort, plunty of polish and pretty damn fun gameplay at times.

And I am completely and utterly bored.

Same thing with GW2 I got to cap and dropped it. Amazing game. just not for a long haul I guess. Ahh well.
Its probably just the type of MMO it is. You might be burned out on theme park style MMOs. Happened to me too a few times in the past, nothing wrong with that tbh. One thing I do like is that this game has housing, so when I'm burned out and don't feel like actually playing I can fuck around with that for fun.

Caliane

yeah. too much to do honestly. Hit 50, and just given like 50 quests, to do. 5 level 50 zones or something. eldar gems, protostar reward token quests, veteren adventures, dungeons, explorations. pvp arena, warplots, etc.

you play neverwinter, and there is a clear progression of zones, and end game with gearscore telling you what you are supposed to be doing. This? not so much. there is item levels, but nothing is clear. and you have a mountain of things you could be doing at any given time. Leveling is really the same.

And when a customer has too much choice, they can't make any choice, and never feel satisfied. basic sales.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I need more time, I wanna play this again. If anyone from SFA remembers the good times, I did enjoy the raid.