Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i want more videos like that rezzed one, it was actually good, showed plenty of combat, showed a level 20ish dungeon(mobs were 19) even though the guy said level 30 and some of the mechanics of those dungeons(which some looked pretty hectic). The world and characters looked great and fit with the tone/atmosphere they are creating.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I personally liked the look of the dungeons but can you imagine your standard mouth breather trying to get out of the way of that shit? They are going to have to tone it down because most WoW players would have a fit and die trying to dodge that shit. Even though it's pretty standard for any action game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, I was smiling thinking of all the retards dying when there was all those twisters + red circles to avoid ;P And that's only at level 20 :p

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's about time they show something else than "random retarded fuck mouseclicking his keyboard to death, playing a lvl5 whatever and steering like he's piloting a steamboat". Would also be swell to see player interactions like healing, or group / raid gameplay to see how their telegraph system behave in a crowded environment. Anyway CBT3 is planned for Wednesday, if everything goes well.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, I was smiling thinking of all the retards dying when there was all those twisters + red circles to avoid ;P And that's only at level 20 :p
My thought was I hope my friends play this because I don't want to pug it.
smile.png

So this game is essentially Anarchy Online, but with less professions, skills, dumbed-down crafting, meaningless structures, less interactive combat, more bugs and less server stability?

Why are people paying attention to this?

Edit: and far less support from the developers. If you guys think this game is going to be any good, then you should support the developers and subscribe to City of Heroes or Tabula Rasa. Oh wait.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this game is essentially Anarchy Online, but with less professions, skills, dumbed-down crafting, meaningless structures, less interactive combat, more bugs and less server stability?

Why are people paying attention to this?
Lol, did I miss something?

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Edit: and far less support from the developers. If you guys think this game is going to be any good, then you should support the developers and subscribe to City of Heroes or Tabula Rasa. Oh wait.
You're aware of the difference between a developer and a publisher, right? NCSoft certainly isn't my favorite company ever, but they're not the developers of this game. Carbine are.

As for the rest of the post, I don't even know where to begin... so I won't.

You're aware of the difference between a developer and a publisher, right? NCSoft certainly isn't my favorite company ever, but they're not the developers of this game. Carbine are.

As for the rest of the post, I don't even know where to begin... so I won't.
You are right - I meant to say publisher instead of developer. But I'm still right. NCSoft will over-hype this game. NCSoft will force Carbine to launch early and fail to meet everyone's expectations. And NCSoft will shut this game down within a year. The game won't be up long enough for private servers to form.

"B-But its innovative!"

So was Pirates of the Burning Sea. And Wildstar won't outlast that piece of shit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait what? Nvm, must of drawn the short straw today and just doing your duty, carry on.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Except everything he said about the game is fucking retarded and has nothing to do with reality. You want to rip the game? The how about using google to talk about actual shit that is being discussed as stupid. Hello hard factions?

As usual discussion wasn't the intention. Being a tard was.

Except everything he said about the game is fucking retarded and has nothing to do with reality. You want to rip the game? The how about using google to talk about actual shit that is being discussed as stupid. Hello hard factions?

As usual discussion wasn't the intention. Being a tard was.
NCSoft is the publisher. That should be more than enough of a red flag.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What the fuck does NCsoft have to do with anything? People not liking GW2 has nothing to do with NCsoft and everything to do with the design decisions they made. Is there any MMO publisher that people here don't have a hard on for?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's scary how nuts you guys get when someone criticizes this game
Did you read his post? Come on now, don't be retarded. I mean jesus Christ he mentioned AO and bugs/server stability in the same sentence

It more scary how upset or threatened people get because people say a game "looks fun, but obviously have to play it to make a real decision".

Publisher stuff just makes me laugh. If you listened to these boards every MMO is doomed because of the publishers behind almost every single one of them(there are a few rare breeds, like CCP). But for the most part all the big publishers are involved in major mmos(SOE, Activision, EA, NCsoft, Funcom etc).

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
It's scary how nuts you guys get when someone criticizes this game
Ehhh, it's not really criticizing though, it's just shitting on the party. No one here really has any clue one way or another, but a lot of us are hopeful and excited about a lot of what is being talked about in this game. I check the thread every time someone posts just looking for more info on a game that currently looks interesting to me. Most of us are adults, capable of distinguishing all this hype is currently JUST hype, and while it sounds really good, we still don't really know anything about it. We can still be interested and have conversations about what we would like to see, our preferences in controls, difficulty, etc., despite knowing nothing concrete, just for the pleasure of talking with a bunch of people who are amped up about WHATEVER.

As soon as the NDA lifts, I really do want to hear people pick everything apart. I want to hear what the downsides are, what they just got plain wrong, and if it's terrible, I want to hear that. Do I want to hear someone stop by the thread to say "You fucktards think this shit looks good, lololol! It's graphics look like something an autistic 8 year old shit in his pants, and clearly you have to pound your autoattacks harder than I pound your wife. Not to mention the fact its made by CompanyX who pretty much only puts out garbage fit for pedophiles. Also, suck a dick."

Yeah, for some reason that tends to not really contribute anything, and gets on everyone nerves.

It's funny, because I remember one time when I was like... maybe 18, so late 90's, stopping by a friends house and running into something similar. I knocked on the door and he came out, he was black, I am white. His little sister also came outside and was playing in the front yard. We were standing there talking, when a car drove by and someone yelled from the window "American InventorS!", as they sped past. Both of us just kind of went, "um ok, idiots" and returned to our conversation, but on my way home I was wondering what on earth would you have to be like as a person to do that. What would cause you to just randomly shit on strangers for no reason? Do you really just have nothing better to do then bother people? Don't get me wrong, I've typed up big hateful annoyed rants on here plenty of times, but then I always read them, say to myself "So, other than being a dick here, what exactly are you contributing?" and then I just back out of the page without ever hitting "post". Even this is a big "Why am I even bothing it, its just baiting trolls" but yeah, whatever, welcome to the internet I guess. ^_^