Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
According to my client, next beta phase is Thursday 5pm PDT.

Beta phases are ridiculously short, probably ~3-7 hours for a couple days every couple of weeks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to my client, next beta phase is Thursday 5pm PDT.

Beta phases are ridiculously short, probably ~3-7 hours for a couple days every couple of weeks.
For stress testing yeah. The actual beta I am not sure how much they play. I would assume they get at least few days a week I hope, if not just all the time.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
AFAIK my closed beta account really isn't anything except access to all the stress tests.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got 2 spam emails and got excited but it was just somebody PMing me, shit.

I wish they would show us some more.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Well then, I wonder when stress testers will be allowed in?

I just want this shit to come out already. :<

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They better make this game hardcore as fuck to capture some of that neck beard market that EQN has decided to shit all over... Cuz when EQN gets released its gonna hammer this game into the dirt.

If they make it the hardcore gamer's choice, they may just carve out a niche for themselves. If not, well, good luck.

DMK_sl

shitlord
They better make this game hardcore as fuck to capture some of that neck beard market that EQN has decided to shit all over... Cuz when EQN gets released its gonna hammer this game into the dirt.

If they make it the hardcore gamer's choice, they may just carve out a niche for themselves. If not, well, good luck.
Totally agree that glorified tech demo definitely sold me. Wildstar will be shaking in their boots over a game that is 1.5years away from releasing. Fuck me.. It's like Everquest some kind of drug has turned everyone into a fucken retard.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
This could attract the vanilla WoW players, actually.

I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of vanilla WoW players looking for something that had the difficulty that WoW originally had. I know there are a lot of WoW clones, but they're usually linear as fuck, and easy.

DMK_sl

shitlord
This needs to release before the end of this year IMO. Any later and TESO's brand name alone will take a lot of it's initial box sales.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This needs to release before the end of this year IMO. Any later and TESO's brand name alone will take a lot of it's initial box sales.
And this is how games fail. Pushing it out unfinished just to get some box sales. I'd rather it be done, released at the same time as whatever game and if its good and fun, word of mouth will carry and people will come no matter what. And if the game is good, it will slowly gain players, instead of "huge rush, then everyone leaves" that has been happening.