Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Later this year sounds a lot like a few months from now, which makes me think they will delay Launch until early 2014.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
They'reofficiallynot redoing combat systems, they're working on character progression (milestones) and quest system.

EDIT : addedofficially
So, they found a system within their game that didn't work and are going to overhaul it. We're not talking about a skill, quest, or something solitary, but an entire system.

Not being a part of beta and maintaining a safe distance from the game until after release, it looks to me like they're taking their time releasing, which is encouraging.

Does anyone still think this will be out ready or not in Dec 2013?
I think Ncsoft will make them release in Dec 2013.
However from all that have heard, think it needs to fully baked till April 2014.

Cheers.

Raign

Golden Squire
I don't know. I would have expected NCsoft to have the marketing machine in full swing by now if they were going to try to have this pushed out this year. It would definitely be a mistake to do so. The engine might be there purring like a kitten, but the game is going to need several balance passes for both the changes they are planning to the tagging/progression model and for 2 new classes. Nevermind the amount of time it is likely to take to actually roll both those items out.

Four months is just not enough run-way to do a good job of it.

I don't know. I would have expected NCsoft to have the marketing machine in full swing by now if they were going to try to have this pushed out this year. It would definitely be a mistake to do so. The engine might be there purring like a kitten, but the game is going to need several balance passes for both the changes they are planning to the tagging/progression model and for 2 new classes. Nevermind the amount of time it is likely to take to actually roll both those items out.

Four months is just not enough run-way to do a good job of it.
This is spot on mate.
They are taking a break of the closed beta soon, with a few weeks to month or more of the next beta starting.
Then there are rumors it will be another 2 closed betas before even having open beta, headstart pre launch.

Everything you posted is spot on, but that does not even take into consideration the fact that raids as well as dungeons more then likely need tons more of work, as well as content, then bug fixing, balanceing and polish pre launch.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If they're taking down beta for a while I really can't see them releasing this year. If they do release this year the game is going to suck shit. As much as I would love to start playing it.. if they're making significant changes they have to give it some extra time to test.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the first raid or two are going to suck, they do with pretty much most games. Devs seem to like testing raids inhouse. Which could actually be fine since a large majority of their team are apparently ex-hardcore raiders but EH. I'm sure they are going to have a good guild or two that will be testing the raids that we won't know about.

Anyone know if the stress testers are going to get into the current closed beta once the stress test is done and before they close down the current close beta for weeks or months to make massive changes?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude tidbit, calm down a bit.

It will come when it comes. They have already said Stress Testers will get in the Closed beta, so just sit back and wait.

Piriwi_sl

shitlord
I'm definitely looking forward to this game. Since wow (in 2007) I decided to take a long break from MMORPGs, last year I was hoping guild wars 2 was the game to get me back into playing mmorpgs. Sadly I was disappointed, the gameplay and world was alright, but dungeons weren't that challenging and improving wvwvw didn't seem to be very high on their list of priorities.

Took me a moment to get used to wildstars cartoonish artstyle, but rather see them take it all the way than some sort of middle way balance like eqnext is shaping up to be. I do hope it is more then 'attack telegraphs: the game' though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone else in beta just get an email for a survey?

Looks shady, I haven't clicked it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The survey was a result of me not logging into beta for an amount of time. You'll only get it if you go 'inactive'.