Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Did the Green Man Gaming thing, came out to $48. At least it doesn't feel as bad as $60 for some reason. Left it patching overnight without issue.
I know what you mean. I balked at the CE because the only thing I think is worth it is the hoverboard, which in my mind I was paying $15 extra for.

But using the GMG coupon, the CE came out to $60 on the nose, which is normal for the regular so.. clicky.

I'm all ready to go for my average mmo gaming experience and have my snacks for the rides.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I know what you mean. I balked at the CE because the only thing I think is worth it is the hoverboard, which in my mind I was paying $15 extra for.

But using the GMG coupon, the CE came out to $60 on the nose, which is normal for the regular so.. clicky.

I'm all ready to go for my average mmo gaming experience and have my snacks for the rides.
I'm right there with you but for some reason I couldn't find the place to put the code in. Oh well. That was less of a travesty than what happened with me on the Dota 2 steam market tonight. Woo boy. Fuck Valve... in a good way I guess.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm right there with you but for some reason I couldn't find the place to put the code in. Oh well. That was less of a travesty than what happened with me on the Dota 2 steam market tonight. Woo boy. Fuck Valve... in a good way I guess.
I got through the code okay, but I had more trouble trying to buy the game from GMG than I did with the download. Took ten minutes to finally get the sale through. The game loaded without a hitch but I did it in the early afternoon EST. I'm guessing the people who had trouble must have been later time zones and such.

What happened at Valve? I haven't been in anything they've made in about 3 years, including both Portals yet.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
What happened at Valve? I haven't been in anything they've made in about 3 years, including both Portals yet.
It was a dota 2 update. You ever played TF2? You know those chests you could open for $2.50 each? Well we have had them in Dota 2 for awhile now. I'm a random player so i play all 100+ heroes and I have a general interest in all of the cosmetic items. My most valuable item might be worth over $2,000 last time I checked. I looted it during TI2 (the big tournament of 2012) and I'm not interested in trading it.

Well what they did was enhance the gambling aspect of the chests while appealing to the casuals.

What they did was add a system where if you open a chest, you will have zero chance of getting a duplicate item from that chest. If a chest has 10 items, each time you open that type of chest you will cycle through and get a new item each time until you get them all and it resets. They also added a small chance to loot 1 or 2 specific bonus items from that chest as a second item.

The community's response to it is very positive. Before if you wanted every item from a chest, you would get pissed off, because you would get new cool items the first few times you open a chest then get angry since your chances of getting the other items drops down to like 10%. On the surface, Valve looks great, since they already have a player run market that they take a modest transaction fee from. Still, its genius from a business perspective.

They added two chests that had 4 character item bundles each (8 total.) Each chest had 1 item bundle each from characters that have never had items before for Niax and Puck. Plus both chests have an item bundle as a "bonus item" thats extremely badass for Vengeful Spirit and she also has never had items before. I wanted to get two VS sets for me and for a friend's birthday since I knew she loves that character.

I dropped at least 40 bucks cycling through each chest twice but no VS set. I got a shitload of decent items but I was alittle upset like a gambling junkie. I then resold my dupes on the players market and did some trading to get the two sets from other players that happened to get lucky and just resold them. My friend was shocked and happy as fuck and I got one as well, but I laughed at myself for falling for the gambling aspect of it. The VS set is currently worth $20 bucks even though i got them for $15 credit each.

The bottom line is that people will fall into a gambling slump spending money to try and get those special bonus items and Valve will most likely make $20 bucks each time a player wants to cycle through a chest. You are better off not falling in that trap and trying to buy it off the player market or trading for what you want, but someone with the disposable income needs to play the fool to bring those items to market. So yeah, fuck Valve for being cool as shit while also pillaging our pockets in an acceptable fashion.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Just tried it for an hour. Played the esper. Game reminds me of a cross between SWTOR and WoW. Went through tutorial. Combat seemed pretty bland. Lots of telegraphing. Voiceovers and cutscene animations didn't sync, which was unfortunate. NPC chat bubble for quest dialogue wasn't centered properly, also unfortunate. Got out of newbie tutorial area, dropped down in howling fjord-esque area. Reminded me too much of Northrend/WoW.

Zzzzz logged out.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I hopped on for about a half hour earlier and I'm noticing a performance increase. Getting 1.5-2x the framerates that I was getting a couple weeks ago. Hopefully there is more to come in the next couple months.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Think the NDA is lifted now. For me, I get the most enjoyment out of the BGs, but the lack of maps and play-modes grows more obvious with every play.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hopped in and it looks like for the warrior they made like 85% of skills actually useful once you get to T4 or T8. That's quite and improvement as of 3 months ago it was more like 25% of skills were useful at any level.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Takes about 1 hour from 1-5 skipping all the cutscenes. I did an earlier guy to 8 and watched all the stuff up until then.

So far my take on the game is information overload, sound effects by Mortal Kombat, music by The Incredibles... story by Avatar.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DO you get hot every time the level up VO calls you cupcake?

And yes there is crazy amount of stuff right away and its a bit overwhelming.

Specially the UI, it can get crowded. Haven't logged in to see if they replaced it with that more minimized one. But there can be quite a few pops ups while you are going along.

DO you get hot every time the level up VO calls you cupcake?

And yes there is crazy amount of stuff right away and its a bit overwhelming.

Specially the UI, it can get crowded. Haven't logged in to see if they replaced it with that more minimized one. But there can be quite a few pops ups while you are going along.
Still on the old UI.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
Hopped in and it looks like for the warrior they made like 85% of skills actually useful once you get to T4 or T8. That's quite and improvement as of 3 months ago it was more like 25% of skills were useful at any level.
Warriors gets the most solid tier upgrades I've heard.

I'm happy the game is performing better now. Hopefully they will keep optimizing.

As for the UI, they still need to better label group members and stuff like ability trainers. Having a generic white dot for towns and groupmates is pretty ass.

I'm digging the spellslingers so I won't spoil myself by trying to level any of the other classes more than I already have. That tutorial eats my soul.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I agree with the guy above about the UI.

Hopefully next month when the new UI gets patched in it fixes those complaints.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Had a really hard time getting into this game. I had to force myself to keep playing just to get off the arc ship. The combat is boring , the quests are boring,the world seems boring too. From what I hear nothing really changes either. It's a shame because i really love the characters but for some reason as soon as i start playing I just feel like i'm forcing myself to try to enjoy it. I went from probably going to pre-order to probably not going to waste my time with this. I think Tera's combat system has completely ruined me from being able to tolerate other mmo's. I just can't do tab target anymore, it just seems so backwards now and completely un fun.