Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
If you got to level 10 in beta before last weekend's beta then you got mailed a hoverboard and can still use it. You get ground mounts flag at level 15 and can head to Illium or Thayd and buy a mount for 10G and change or a hoverboard for 23G and change.

Attachment 63558

But yea it is pretty annoying even if you have a board and can reset it :/
I may have missed it, although I swore my mailbox was empty the whole time.

When I took that tour and got my housing plot, I went to choose "Rocket house" in the menu and that option was unavailable as a choice. That was at level 15 when I finally ventured to the city. As far as 10gs for a mount, I didn't have 10gs yet because I didn't sell the drops I found... I melted them down for materials crafting (wanted to give that a good going over first) so I only ended up with about 5 or 6gs. Since the rockethouse was unavailable, I assumed the beta items were only open to people who played in a previous beta (like how they allowed previous players past 34+ to keep leveling to 50, new beta testers stalled at 17)

I don't think I'd waste gold on a mount anyways, that was the point of getting the edition with one in it. Nothing is a dealbreaker yet; it's just the first beta (for me) and they have two months so not stressing over it really.. just an observation about the pet pathing which has now bled into a mount discussion, lol.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
Rocket house wasn't an option for me either but I wasn't expecting that until release.

I saw one person on a dinosaur looking mount in Thayd. Maybe that's one of the 10g mounts.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Have they done the purge of low level beta accounts now? Not played in months, highest character was level 10, tried to enter today and it just says "No realms available".

Looking at the server status page, which just seems to be a forum page, I don't see any information that the servers are down.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have they done the purge of low level beta accounts now? Not played in months, highest character was level 10, tried to enter today and it just says "No realms available".

Looking at the server status page, which just seems to be a forum page, I don't see any information that the servers are down.
Yes. If did you not have a 32+, you will have to pre-order to play on the weekends.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Preordered last week and started playing today. Lvl 6 engineer atm & having a lot of fun. Game is stable for me, no crashes/disconnects/lagging. Running at about 30-40fps (2560x1600) with everything maxed (i5-2500k+gf780). A little bit of optimising and performance should be ok. UI is a little cluncky but not so bad that it would bother me, i heard a redesign is in the works prior to launch anyway. From what little i have played, game has a nice WOW-oldschool feeling, i like it
smile.png

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yes. If did you not have a 32+, you will have to pre-order to play on the weekends.
Ah, thanks.

Guess I am done with that game then. Never could get into it, just wanted to try it now that I was bored.

EDIT: Kudos for having the quickest uninstall ever. 20 or so gigs, click uninstall and it is done in literally a second or two.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Finished downloading the client a bit ago. Fired the game up. Love the character art. But once in the game my immediate impression is that it feels like a FTP title. Performance is also kinda bleh... I have a 2500K with a Radeon 6870 and the framerate isn't particularly smooth. Not choppy, but definitely not a smooth as WoW.