Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh fuck off with that, you know exactly what he's referring to and only the dippest of shits would argue words can't take on new meanings.
He's referring to shit that is in every other fucking raid just with a different graphic or style.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Please give me an example of these superior raid designs without telegraphs.
Every raid encounter from FFXI that I remember was all about which abilities you used and which combos you used with other classes. You usually did sit in one place but it was never tank'n'spank.

From Vanilla WoW: Razorgore, Vaelstraz, Garr, Rag, Twin Emps, Four horseman, and on and on... only a few of the raids had the telegraph/laser design like C'thun.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every raid encounter from FFXI that I remember was all about which abilities you used and which combos you used with other classes. You usually did sit in one place but it was never tank'n'spank.

From Vanilla WoW: Razorgore, Vaelstraz, Garr, Rag, Twin Emps, Four horseman, and on and on... only a few of the raids had the telegraph/laser design like C'thun.
Maybe you don't like the graphic style of wildstars telegraphs but all raids basically have don't stand here dont get hit by this shit in them. I'm actually going to wait and see the raids before I pass judgment instead of basing my entire opinion of the raids of a promotional peice.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
He's referring to shit that is in every other fucking raid just with a different graphic or style.
I'm OK with moderate use if the attack is so clunky the animation gives no actual indicator of what it's doing, but for fuck's sake I wish MMO devs would design better encounters that didn't need a light show per attack. It's so ridiculous looking and it seems like modern MMOs abuse it.

Just to tone it down a bit and not be so hostile, if other genres relied on something similar, it'd be annoying there, too. If every Dark Souls boss painted the ground red, I think it'd get criticized hard. It's not exactly apples to apples and coordinated 20 or 40 man groupsandthe more action-heavy style MMOs are starting to rock, I'm sure it's tricky. Wildstar just seems to go crazy with the shit based on raid videos I've watched.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm OK with moderate use if the attack is so clunky the animation gives no actual indicator of what it's doing, but for fuck's sake I wish MMO devs would design better encounters that didn't need a light show per attack. It's so ridiculous looking and it seems like modern MMOs abuse it.

Just to tone it down a bit and not be so hostile, if other genres relied on something similar, it'd be annoying there, too. If every Dark Souls boss painted the ground red, I think it'd get criticized hard. It's not exactly apples to apples and coordinated 20 or 40 man groupsandthe more action-heavy style MMOs are starting to rock, I'm sure it's tricky. Wildstar just seems to go crazy with the shit based on raid videos I've watched.
I think the real purpose is to eliminate unavoidable damage. I've always hated taking damage for no other purpose then to make the healers spam heals. The telegraphs are in your face and I can see why people don't like it. I have seen some of the videos and it more then just dodge the red shit for mechanics. I personally prefer defined areas then shit like defile where the you're fucked area doesn't match the graphic.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there enough dungeon content to level up through? I have grown to hate quest grinding.
Level 15 Adventure: The Hycrest Insurrection (Exile): Galeras, Immediately East of Thayd
Level 15 Adventure: Riot in the Void (Dominion): Auroria, Immediately East of Ilium
Level 20 Dungeon: Stormtalon's Lair (STL): Galeras (Exile), South tip of Thundercall Village, Access thru Whitevale
Level 20 Dungeon: Ruins of Kel Vorath (KV): Auroria (Dominion), Southern end, Access thru Wilderrun
Level 25 Adventure: War of the Wilds: Whitevale, North of Wigwalli Village along the water
Level 30 Adventure: The Siege of Tempest Refuge: Whitevale, In the middle of Calmwater Lake, near Protostar camp
Level 35 Dungeon: Skullcano (SC): Whitevale, on the docks of Wigwalli Village
Level 40 Adventure: Crimelords of Whitevale: Wilderrun, Directly West of Devastation Ride, North end
Level 45 Adventure: The Malgrave Trail: Southern border of Southern Grimvault
Level 50 Dungeon: Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden (SotS): Wilderrun, Very furthest West point of the map
Level 50 Raid (20): Genetic Archives: Western Grimvault, Labeled on map, near Phagelabs

From this post.https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...ure-locations/

No idea if that is enough since I couldn't get past the TUTORIAL.
cool.png

Xenos_sl

shitlord
If you've been listening to the devs the whole point to this sort of content is that it's made for the hardcore. They don't mind that only a small fraction of the population will be able to beat it all. They want only the best players to be able to get the best loot.
What the average player considers hardcore is not what we call hardcore. I think assuming the devs are talking about what we consider hardcore, something that only a tiny fraction of the player base will beat at all, might just be off. Nowadays, I think many think of those who don't PUG raids, or who don't raid with "casual" admit everybody guilds, as "hardcore." But of course before we pat ourselves on the back too much, it's rather important to remember that even in the old old old days, at the most "hardcore" level, you could have bots chaining complete heal and tanking meant having the best gear and not falling asleep while hitting "taunt" and "kick" and the hardest part of the game was getting the rogues and wizards to manage their ADD and not start attacking in earnest too quickly (though I still think the boss suddenly turning and obliterating one was the best threat meter ever. Simple and binary. Either the tank had threat or SQUISH)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So, I'm trying to reserve my name that I have a character using on the Beta server, and it says "name not allowed." Awesome? How the fuck does that happen?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If anyone is still looking to get this. GMG is fucking sold out on the regular version but Gamefly digital has it and you can get 20% off by applying the code MAY20OFF at checkout.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If anyone is still looking to get this. GMG is fucking sold out on the regular version but Gamefly digital has it and you can get 20% off by applying the code MAY20OFF at checkout.
Is that a "wow that should't happen this shit is going to be huge" or?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, I'm trying to reserve my name that I have a character using on the Beta server, and it says "name not allowed." Awesome? How the fuck does that happen?
Oh yeah on the name reserving thing, it fucking sucks you reserve the name globally, especially since their names don't accept spaces and are unique. Means basically when I pick up the game if I do(waiting to see if I'm playing anything at the time or not), I won't be able to use my normal name cause someone picked it since it's very common and it'll be locked on every fucking server. Unique single word names is so fucking 2006.

Column_sl

shitlord
Can any high level testers give me the rundown on healers at level cap?

I really like the medic ,but I'm concerned on the range of their heals. It seems like they are raid healers versus what people tell me about Espers being the tank healer.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sounds like you need to be a MMO pro and have 13 variations on your one-word name.
I'll probably just add some shitty letters or pick another name, it's just annoying that I can't pick Pyros Eien or Pyros.Pyros1200(displayed as just Pyros ingame), like a lot of other games do.

On healers what I heard on streams is it's mostly about espers and spellslingers for endgame, with medics having too many issues with positionning and shit, but streamers aren't necessarily the best source of information. I guess you'd probably still want one token medic at least if not more for the damage reduction probes and other unique shit like that. Could just heal melees too, so would probably work out in a guild raid. Has anyone on the board actually played the raiding content in this?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone on the board actually played the raiding content in this?
I've done everything in Genetic Archives minus the last boss. Haven't beat Defiller after the buffs/nerfs either.

Not entirely sure how to answer your question Column. What do you mean by healers at cap? Do you care about raiding? Do you care about Gold runs? PVP? There's a million ways to answer that question. If you're looking for something like Cleric>Druid>Shaman for heals, it's not exactly clear cut like that.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can any high level testers give me the rundown on healers at level cap?

I really like the medic ,but I'm concerned on the range of their heals. It seems like they are raid healers versus what people tell me about Espers being the tank healer.
Esper: Most traditional healer, you have targeted heals/aoe heals, long range (25-30y iirc), decent mobility. Very similar to Swtor Sorc healing.

SS: highest range, very few targeted healing, most of its is aiming, smart healing. less aoe healing. Some dmg/heal abilitie (as in if u aim at mob and pplayers it will dmg the mob and heal the players obviously).

Medic: short range healer, its generally used to heal melee groups. U can restore shields as well, its very mobile, has some very nice group buff i believe.

now im not really expert on healing, but from what i gathered all 3 can heal vets np, guess medics are the hardest one to heal with on small scale (again hard is subjective) while esper are the easiest one. SS are on middle.

Anyway the consensus its all of the 3 healers are viable, both for small and large scale healing. What change is playstyle, and basically the size of your telegraph healing (ss long and narrow, medic short and wide etc etc.)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried to gather healer info and what I got was basically: with Espers you have to target often, with spellslingers you have to aim, with medics you are up close but cover large areas. Medics can also heal shields which is awesome apparently.
What I liked with Espers was that I could target my tank, heal him when needed or just hot him with bolster gaining psi points in the process and all of this while nuking the crap out of the mob(s).
Right now Espers seems the most appealing to me, the variety of their skills is good enough to interest me beyond the pure healing.
Spellslingers are apparently good in PvP, Espers are decent if you play them hybrid style heal/control and not pure healers.
Medics are still a mistery to me, trying to get a few more levels on my one to get a feel for the class and their mechanics.

Dpsing seems pretty boring for all classes, but I always found dpsing boring in general, except maybe some old incarnation of warlock and fire mage in wow. I play 45% healers and 45% tanks, 10% is time wasting on dpsers.

Still undecided on my final class, but if I choose to go healer, I'm oriented towards the Esper.