Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Barakas

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why would you do such a thing?
frown.png
+1

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Diverging just a little, but anyone have any UI addons to recommend? I was using the default UI throughout betas and found a bit of it lacking, especially on lower screen resolutions (example: xp and rep gains were generally off the screen to the left). They were... not very kind to lower settings in width x height, as a rule. Nameplates and other NPC text was erratic as well (to say nothing of the font quality).

RE: Dominion - Who wants to be a treehugging Aurin? I'd rather be the rabid, homicidal science chipmunk.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Diverging just a little, but anyone have any UI addons to recommend? I was using the default UI throughout betas and found a bit of it lacking, especially on lower screen resolutions (example: xp and rep gains were generally off the screen to the left). They were... not very kind to lower settings in width x height, as a rule. Nameplates and other NPC text was erratic as well (to say nothing of the font quality).

RE: Dominion - Who wants to be a treehugging Aurin? I'd rather be the rabid, homicidal science chipmunk.
BijiPlates and Junkit are two that I've been using. I also messed around with CustomFoV. All of them available on Curse.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That are the races that drive the decision in your eyes? You have strange priorities. The question is are you choosing Killer Robot or Redneck Rockman Mercenary, obviously.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
EverQuest fans never had the opportunity that Wildstar is providing to the people that desire a game with Vanilla WoW/TBC type difficulty and raid environment.
Yes we did, it was called World of Warcraft. EQ was in the midst of its worst expansion when WoW launched, was an easy choice.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wildstar is the runner-up presidential candidate which thinks that years later it will have a better shot because WoW's term is up and the rest of the primary choices are complete shit.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
That are the races that drive the decision in your eyes? You have strange priorities. The question is are you choosing Killer Robot or Redneck Rockman Mercenary, obviously.
You mean to say you don't want to be justified in leaving a bloody hole where someone's nuts (supposedly) were?

(If you didn't get that, think about what I called Chua for a sec.)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only people from my WoW guild playing the game are dead-set on playing Aurin.

I need better friends.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So my friend gave this game a thumbs up so far. I haven't played in a few months, so him saying he likes it is a big deal. Guy usually hates everything.

Might get the collector's edition for the rocket house or whatever.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
palum, I asked the same question last page and apparently we should have on. With 30+ so far, just wish someone would post more info and how to signup/list of those signed up.

Apparently it will be DOminion/pve focusing on raiding.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Probably wise to get a poll at some point. I'd probably like to play a tank class, I'm sure stalker is going to be overpopulated though.

iannis

Musty Nester
The only people from my WoW guild playing the game are dead-set on playing Aurin.

I need better friends.
Sell them on chuas. It shouldn't be that hard.

Tighty whiteys dude. Tighty whiteys.

Adding underwear to them sexualized them so much. It's hillarious that the intent was to desexualize them. Their social justice squad are truly fucking idiots.

You've got to be some sort of degenerate furry...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Population balance going to be Domion >>>> Exiles. So Dominion for raiding and dungeoning; Exiles for PVP instance times!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
palum, I asked the same question last page and apparently we should have on. With 30+ so far, just wish someone would post more info and how to signup/list of those signed up.

Apparently it will be DOminion/pve focusing on raiding.
Every time I post about a guild I get a whole bunch of PMs, it'd be great if we could get the OP to be edited with some details for anyone that's interested. I'll try to post some information about what we have so far:

A small amount of us were playing Dominion before the Winter Beta launched. When the topic came up about whether or not it'd be worth switching to Exiles Chuas were out and most people were pretty adamant about that being a deal breaker. Same type of logic applied to going to a PVE server - some were saying that a PVP server was a deal breaker for them and since most of Wildstar's PVP is heavily instanced based it made sense to go that route.

Most people have been asking about what classes we need - I'll put a google document up later today so that people can post if they're interested and what class they've decided on. With that being said we had a lot of Stalkers & Spellsingers but like any beta a lot of people had a myriad of alts so it's difficult to say how that'll translate come launch.

We were mostly all playing on the Nexus server since it was the original beta server but I imagine that it'll be packed come launch (if they even keep that name). I figure we can make a poll and pick. I'll post the mumble information and such closer to launch to make it easier to communicate as well.