Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
If you have blank buttons you probably remapped Q and E, which were default strafe left and right. The default CC breakout is Q, E, S, W. You will need to remap strafe to 2 other keys, so can press them if they are the ones needed to break out of CC. Had the same thing happen to me, I always use Q and E for bars. I ended up just remapping A and D to strafe(not like I need to keyboard turn).
I usually remap WASD to ESDF for movement because I have found using QWA keys for quick reaction abilities like interrupts, stuns etc to be very beneficial. I also use SF or strafe since I use the mouse for turning. Will that be possible in this game?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I usually remap WASD to ESDF for movement because I have found using QWA keys for quick reaction abilities like interrupts, stuns etc to be very beneficial. I also use SF or strafe since I use the mouse for turning. Will that be possible in this game?
You'll have to rebind your interact key to something, but it seems like a legit setup.

Do you not have a multi-button mouse for quick react skills?

Also I unbind my S key, because back-peddling is for plebs

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any keysetup is fine, just have to bind often used keys that will be empty because of personal keybinds. Like I said, the break out CC is L/R strafe and move forward/back, so as long as those 4 slots are not empty, you won't have all blank keys when the CC breakout window pops up.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel the same way. The game is so well done. In comparison to all the high-profile launch in the last 5 years, this game is head and shoulders above all them from a content and polish perspective. If I knew how good this game was before I started playing a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have spent a dime on ESO. The difference in quality between those games is night and day.

If you don't like this game, then you're burnt-out, or just don't like, theme park MMOs.
I also feel the same way. ESO is crap compared to this game. It is so addicting. I sit down to play for a little bit and when I look up, hours have passed. Also, I got my first blue and purple items recently and there are very distinctive animations for those (especially the epic); nice little touch.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just downloaded them manually from Curse, also of note Bijiplates has a fix now (you need to edit a line of code, it's on the Curse page) that stops the memory leak. I think someone posted it a few pages back, I know people were talking about it in guild chat.
Where do you put the addons? I couldn't find and "addons" folder in the WS directory in order to install manually.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Anyone else here a pretty big fan of the commodities exchange in this game? This damn thing on Widow bottoms out every night and I get all kinds of materials for less than a silver each. #bottomfeeder

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else here a pretty big fan of the commodities exchange in this game? This damn thing on Widow bottoms out every night and I get all kinds of materials for less than a silver each. #bottomfeeder
I've had a little luck on Stormtalon(buying cheap items to vendor and scoring some good amps cheaper than you can buy them), but not nearly as much as you. I'm also not getting nearly the margins you are but free money is free so I'm ok with it.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had a little luck on Stormtalon(buying cheap items to vendor and scoring some good amps cheaper than you can buy them), but not nearly as much as you. I'm also not getting nearly the margins you are but free money is free so I'm ok with it.
<--- Currently sitting on a 200 buy order for amps that sell for 18s. I'm getting them for 9s each. I get about 10-15 every night. Constant stream of free money.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
if someone could pm me a guest pass that would make me so happy....

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whatever they did with the performance tweak really made a difference for me. I was able to bump up the settings from medium to high and still have a smoother framerate than I did yesterday.

I also started playing with a mod that keepsfree look with the mouse on, and that has made the combat in the game much more enjoyable. That really should've been an option included with the game, because it makes so much sense with how abilities work in this game.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you official register you retail key yet sign up for billing? if you did not that is why you don't have your guest passes yet.
Once that is done carbine sends you the keys.
Ordered from Carbine and key was/is already applied to my account. I have headstart and deluxe bonuses. Even says Deluxe Prepurchase on my account

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Any keysetup is fine, just have to bind often used keys that will be empty because of personal keybinds. Like I said, the break out CC is L/R strafe and move forward/back, so as long as those 4 slots are not empty, you won't have all blank keys when the CC breakout window pops up.
I use WASD with A and D as strafe and Turn Left and Right are left blank. I've mapped WASD to my G13 stick and I can do everything just fine.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You'll have to rebind your interact key to something, but it seems like a legit setup.

Do you not have a multi-button mouse for quick react skills?

Also I unbind my S key, because back-peddling is for plebs
I do have a LogitechG500 mouse but I also have carpal tunnel in my right wrist so I have just gotten used to using my left hand for most abilities. When using ESDF, that frees up 1/2/3/q/w/a for the abilities I use the most.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI if you run into a bugged quest one way I found around it is to ask for a group invite to /zone and then sync to group which switches your instance. The new instance may not be bugged. Obviously doesn't work if the instance you are in is the same as the person who ginvites you.