Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Try carrying Blade Dance instead. You get two PP's instead of Spectral Form's one, increased speed of movement while you're doing it easily avoiding most of their casts, and just whirl around mobs doing about the same dmg as Restraint.

I don't think I've even unlocked Spectral Form. Seems like a waste while leveling from reading it because packs of mobs go down as long as you are patient, Soothe/Bolster/CB kite, Crush em, them blast.

Running for leveling:
-TK
-Bolster
-Mind Blast
-Blade Dance
-Soothe
-CB
-Crush
I'm only level 12 but so far Geist has been able to tank everything until it's timer expires. Why would you not want to slot it?

I tried using Psychic Crush as a builder but either I'm doing something wrong or it makes no sense to use it over TK because it takes a lot longer building 5 psi points with it compared to TK. I know you can cast it on the move but that utility didn't seem to provide a better benefit than using TK. Can someone explain the best way to use Psychic Crush?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Once you get into the 20s and you can start generate extra Psi points, all you want to do is pump out TKs and just shit out birds. You don't need anything else. It just dies before it gets to you (in normal questing mode).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Once you get into the 20s and you can start generate extra Psi points, all you want to do is pump out TKs and just shit out birds. You don't need anything else. It just dies before it gets to you (in normal questing mode).
I noticed espers my level soloing mobs that give me a gigantic challenge (I'm a medic), seems op.

I'm fully dps geared and dps specced with decent utility sustain on 3 buttons. Espers kill stuff in half the time and don't take any damage at all.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
During normal PVE questing they can beat the crap out of shit without moving once you get a few abilities and the mobs never get to you.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
A question for all you hard-core types. I play a Spellslinger (currently level 33) and every few levels I try the mobs labelled "very strong" (usually a 2 on their icon). I have never been able to kill one of these solo; SS get an ability called Into the Void (or something like that) that makes us invisible for a few seconds and takes us off the mobs aggro list so if things are looking bad I can just use this and not die. Can any class actually kill these solo? I can usually do them when I am grouped with one other person but with only 2 they are still difficult. Mobs that are labelled "strong" I can usually kill, but there are occasional types of mobs that are very challenging for a SS.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm only level 12 but so far Geist has been able to tank everything until it's timer expires. Why would you not want to slot it?

I tried using Psychic Crush as a builder but either I'm doing something wrong or it makes no sense to use it over TK because it takes a lot longer building 5 psi points with it compared to TK. I know you can cast it on the move but that utility didn't seem to provide a better benefit than using TK. Can someone explain the best way to use Psychic Crush?
You'll find that pretty soon if you're rotating your points correctly, that mob won't hold any hate at all beyond 2 seconds. If you're fighting high mobs, not only will that pet die fast but you'll pull hate if it doesn't. I found Geist useful only about two levels then took it off as I was getting too much hate.

My skills have hardly changed since I got most of them as far as leveling goes. My rotation is this:

-Target mob, hit Concentrated Blade x2 (2PPs). While those are spinning, start a Telekinetic Strike (1PP).
-After it hits, do one more TK strike (1PP). You'll be at 4 PPs in 3 secs.
-Hit one Bolster (5PPs now), then Mind Burst (PPs cleared).
-Hit CBx1 (1PP) and the other Bolster (1 PP), then another TK Strike (1PP). Follow up with Blade Dance (2PPs) doing circle movement around mob's cone (which is easily avoidable)
-Crush.
-While mob is stunned (hopefully you got it while it was casting), Mind Blast again. Most will be almost dead. Bigger mobs will require you to use Soothe while running/kiting to get the 2 PPs, all the while spamming Bolster and CBs for easy points and heals.

You can't do all this at 12 of course, but you'll see as it goes on it's pretty quick. I use this when soloing because of the Bolsters/Soothe, but if grouping you can easily slot in more glass cannon abilities for faster DPS by removing the Soothe (since you'll either have a healer bud or another good dps to kill faster) and Bolsters.

I went to Whitevale with this build at a fresh 21 when everyone kept saying that was too low and had no problems.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Healed Stormtalon twice now and each time I joined a group already in progress whose healer had bailed at the first boss. The fights and even the trash mobs are by no means trivial and healing is pretty much a heart-attack inducing affair of barely controlled chaos...but it is certainly fun.

Plus theres a kick in the nuts when a purple healer Esper item drops at the end when there's no Espers in the group!
I find as a healer I can carry any group who get to the first boss through it, even if they're terrible. The second boss is much harder for me, if the dps suck and the adds that appear take too long to go down either I just can't outheal the damage eventually and the tank dies (if they're squishy which a lot of pug tanks are), or I run out of focus just from the extreme damage they do.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any more keys out there? They get snatched up so damn fast. I'm going to have to poopsock and camp this thread unless someone would be kind enough to PM me one.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
A question for all you hard-core types. I play a Spellslinger (currently level 33) and every few levels I try the mobs labelled "very strong" (usually a 2 on their icon). I have never been able to kill one of these solo; SS get an ability called Into the Void (or something like that) that makes us invisible for a few seconds and takes us off the mobs aggro list so if things are looking bad I can just use this and not die. Can any class actually kill these solo? I can usually do them when I am grouped with one other person but with only 2 they are still difficult. Mobs that are labelled "strong" I can usually kill, but there are occasional types of mobs that are very challenging for a SS.
You can with specific LAS setups, not sure if it's worth it, but you basically kite like there's no tomorrow and pack up a lot of skills to remove IAs and chill/root the mob.
You are using only quick draw/ignite (or wild barrage or t4 charged shot or whatever) plus runes, vitality burst or other heal, gate, void slip, flash freeze. This is just a setup that worked fine in beta for me, but it takes a while to kill stuff like that.
---

It's probably going to come down to weather they can pump out raid and group content. A lot of these new MMOs lack raid content at launch. Once you hit max level, there's fuck all to do. Luckily Wildstar does have a raid already, but I hope they're already getting the next ones ready.
I'm sure they have something in the works, but to be honest, most guilds will be stuck for a good while on this tier. It's no LFR for sure.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I noticed espers my level soloing mobs that give me a gigantic challenge (I'm a medic), seems op.

I'm fully dps geared and dps specced with decent utility sustain on 3 buttons. Espers kill stuff in half the time and don't take any damage at all.
What skills are you using?

My most typical pull is: Devastator Probes, Fissure, Quantum Cascade, Annihilation, Collider, Atomize, Collider, Quantum Cascade.

That will kill most things, and you can often do 3 or 4 packs at a time with it. I also run Discharge for emergency actuator building, and Mending Probes to heal myself.

At first I was using Gamma Rays, but as you level up it just takes too long to kill with that.

Caliane

I'm not 33. So, I'm not sure how much the difficulty ramps up.
But I have been able to solo every 2 or 3 man quest mod since the start, on my spellslinger. Pretty much without ever using a stimpack either.
level 19 atm.

Can kite most pretty easily as noted. I don't even run with freeze or chill. either of those should make it cake.

Loadout is:
wildbarrage, rapid fire, Gate, runes of protection, and void slip. (dont even have all my slots filled. a heal would probably do wonders too. haha.) arcane shock for another interrupt would be ideal, as well. or either chill or flash freeze for a snare or root.
Throw up a shield boost with protect before I face tank while rapidfiring.

Things to note. your auto attack does ALOT more damage surged. But also burns alot of spell power.

Each attack burns 1 spell power bubble. you have 4.
1 auto attack burns 1 bubble.
1 full channel wild barrage burns 1 bubble.
1 activation of rapid fire burns 1 bubble. Then you can use it 3 more times, WHILE your spell power is regening.

Stunned foes take extra damage.
ALWAYS spell surge wild barrage. it barely uses any spell power, and the armor pen more then makes up for it.
Same with rapid fire. While the damage boost is small per shot. You get 12 spell surged shots.
But quickdraw is actually more burst. AND more dependent on it.
Example, my tooltip. 299x3 base rapid fire, with 380x3 surged. 1s channel each. 4s total.
Quickdraw is 194x3 base, 450x3 surged. 1s channel.

Amps.
I have 6% lifesteal. 6% armor pen, 6% crit hit chance, and +7.5% assault power.
I favor finesse, then crit hit, then grit. But probably should favor crit hit and damage more.
I have not really number crunched to see how Assault power vs crit actually works out.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
the 2 is interrupt armor, isn't it? As in you need 3 interrupts to actually stun the person? And is it very strong or "Prime"? The prime I've found I can solo as a low level engineer if I kite well, otherwise I'm fucked and need more dps help.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider

I've been using Geist since I picked it up and I reset my amps to pick up spectral swarm when I could (level 18 iirc) I like the ghosts, its up every other pull or twice if i'm fighting one of the red guys with the extra HP. I like the dot aspect of it (and especially swarm), I don't like that blade storm locks you out of other abilities but I did use it in beta to play around with it.

I've found that even without CB (which I don't really like, but is undeniably strong due to the PP gen) most mobs within +1/2 of my level (currently 22) die with 1.5 rotations, rarely 2 full ones. (Open with Geist 4 Tele strike 1 Spectral Swarm - Mind Burst). Usually by the time I'm at 2 psi points after the first rotation I can just MB again and it's dead. YMMV I'm still toying with AMP setups and different abilities.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm an 18 Warrior/16 Medic at the moment, and I find my Warrior absolutely stomps the shit out of things that give my medic problems. Even with the Regen drone+regenning shields like a champ, most 36khp mobs 2IA tend to wear me down so that I end up blinking away and then sprinting to just avoid the hassle. The warrior, in the DPS stance, is just build up points to hit the 4hit chain ability, avoid red circles and keep hitting the thing with using a stim pack if there are unavoidable hits. Oh, and using the shield ability that reduces damage while doing tech points if it starts getting dicey and I need time.

Oh, and is anyone playing on the Oceanic server? After the Stonetalon queues and my lack of patience, I relocated to a server that will most likely not be full when I log on (after 10pm PST american time) and I am on the Exile side. Name is also Elrezz, because at this point I think Rezz might be a name they just don't allow in MMORPGs.

misery_sl

shitlord
I'm still having a blast. The funny thing is that I haven't read a SINGLE quest. I haven't read any of them. I've been collecting lore, but I haven't read any of those either, nor listened to the voice lore popups. I just don't have the patience to care about that shit anymore. I'm enjoying exploring, housing, character building, and killing stuff though. I'm almost high enough level for the contested zone, so that should be fun as well. My computer is too shit to really PvP effectively. One thing that really annoys me, besides the quests, is the health bar spasms. Enemy health bars don't update until the enemy has been dead for 4 seconds, then the hp bar drops to zero and the mob falls down after that. It's pretty annoying really.

Also, I gotta say I don't agree with this game being sub based. I think a lot of people are going to give the game the cold shoulder when it comes time to resub and they are on the fence about it. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
I started out and accidentally went to a different area than where my buddies went (I went to Crimson Isle they went to Levian Isle).
Is there any way for me to re-join them?

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Didn't play the beta at all, last minute decision to buy it for live and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would...just what I needed, a new addiction lol

Guest pass up for grabs
XGASDIB8IET41FCLU52Y

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started out and accidentally went to a different area than where my buddies went (I went to Crimson Isle they went to Levian Isle).
Is there any way for me to re-join them?
I'm not sure, but you'll only be in that area until about level 5 or 6, really about an hour or so. Once you get to the next area (they'll go to Deradune, you'll go to Ellevar), there's a ship right at where you enter that will take you over to where they are.