Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Column_sl

shitlord
Those max level raids? Max gear? Optimum players? Gonna say probably not at this point, at least on the gear/levels. So you can't compare a class at this stage. Classes are balanced at the top of the heap, not while leveling.
And citing beta stats is just as bad.......

You clearly said Warriors are not topping at max level, and you can clearly see they are, and its fucking consistent.

Giving them even better gear will just extend that lead.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What is the bug with nameplates? Haven't encountered it yet myself.
People are reporting random nameplate disapperances, there are reports of disabling shadows as a possible fix.

Also they've been having issues saving ui settings between sessions, they seem to have recently fixed nameplate settings getting reset. (for me atleast)

The disappearing nameplates seems to be a hit-or-miss issue, as both you and myself are not experiencing this problem.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Has Carbine said anything about adding new dungeons/raids in the upcoming months? I know right now they're just trying to get everything on the up and up. But I'm just curious about how additional content will be addressed.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
People are reporting random nameplate disapperances, there are reports of disabling shadows as a possible fix.

Also they've been having issues saving ui settings between sessions, they seem to have recently fixed nameplate settings getting reset. (for me atleast)

The disappearing nameplates seems to be a hit-or-miss issue, as both you and myself are not experiencing this problem.
Could it be connected to the known memory leak with the Bijiplates addon? I think the addon was updated to correct the bug but some people may not have the updated version yet.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Could it be connected to the known memory leak with the Bijiplates addon? I think the addon was updated to correct the bug but some people may not have the updated version yet.
I can't speculate an answer on this one, I don't use addons right now, haven't really bothered to optimize/gohardcore on this game yet.

Work/GF's got me being a dirty ass casual this past week.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think so, I was having the issue before I was using any addons and I waited to install Biji because of the leak (it's fixed now) I will say that I experience it much much less now using Biji than I did before.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It happens occasionally in PVE too. I don't think I updated Bijiplates, because I was getting some big drops in the game the last two nights. I bet free-Curse client doesn't autoupdate.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
It happens occasionally in PVE too. I don't think I updated Bijiplates, because I was getting some big drops in the game the last two nights. I bet free-Curse client doesn't autoupdate.
I don't know if it released an update, the fix was to manually update a line in the LUA (it was on the Curse page in the comments) it seems to be working fine if you make the change.

::EDIT:: Looks like it has been updated a couple of times since release, current version should have killed the leak and cleaned up a couple of other items. Will need to update this when I get home.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Apparently the game's FOV is set to 50, which is why it was giving me unexplained anxiety. Get the CustomFov addon, and set that bitch to 60 and above!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI On guest passes
Guest Passes | WildStar

Maximum of 3 characters per Realm.
Guest accounts are capped to level 20, Path level 10 and Apprentice Tier crafting.
Guest accounts can't have more than 50 gold or 5,000 Renown.
Guest accounts can't create or join a Guild. They can join Circles but not create them.
Guest accounts can't trade with other players, send or receive mail, can't become Neighbors or Roommates, or use the Commodity Exchange.
Oh and Guest accounts can only use Say, Yell and Party chat.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I use Curse and had to manually update the addons one by one. The free version did display if an update was available or not.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
And citing beta stats is just as bad.......

You clearly said Warriors are not topping at max level, and you can clearly see they are, and its fucking consistent.

Giving them even better gear will just extend that lead.
I don't really give a shit about class balance this early in the launch month. That being said... your seem to be implying that all classes scale equally with gear. I cannot think of a single MMO where this is true.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
How does the commodities exchange work? Every single buy it now option is unclickable, even though I have sufficient funds?

rrr_img_68529.jpg

Am I just missing something really obvious?

Vitality

HUSTLE
How does the commodities exchange work? Every single buy it now option is unclickable, even though I have sufficient funds?

Am I just missing something really obvious?
Watch this:

Could be a ui bug, could be buy now prices not being updated to current market prices, try clicking the price listing and seeing if the buy now feature refreshes. Price fluctuations are likely the cause here.

Keep in mind, it's almost always better to place buy orders for more reasonable prices. Considering the order listings are basically tax free and only risk you tying up your initial gold capital.

Additionally, you're almost always going to be able to name your price (as long as it's over vendor sale price) if you wait the market fluctuations out. Currently most of the base material markets are in a period of high fluctuation. Aside from some of the more demand saturated markets like ore and wood (more recent demand increase).