Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Flight

Molten Core Raider
God I hope they do something about Engineer pets. The class is far and away my favorite but the aggro radius on the bots is ridiculous. I played my Medic last night and it was eye opening just how close you can get to mobs without aggroing them compared to the Engineer. As much as I love the class and the pets, I'm not sure I can deal with having to fight every mob on the map every time I move for 50 levels. So, anyone have any insight as to how well Medic plays as a dps class in later levels? I don't mind healing as well, but if they are capable dps as well, I might just drop the Engineer until some kinks get worked out with them.
Engineer is top DPS end game right now but a total ball ache to level from 25 - 50

Medic is poor to mediocre DPS end game but a blast to level. I'd also take Esper or SS healing over a Medic any day.

Game has a lot of things going for it but classes need a lot of work. Now I'm one of the biggest critics of WoW but WoD will blow Wildstar away when it comes out. Mages getting back to being fun DPS and housing alone will turn it around for WoW I'm afraid.

Still, for a few months, group game in Wildstar alone is worth the price of admission.

The level 42 portal mission has driven me up a fucking wall. Tried it three times now and it's bugged out each time in a slightly different way ~20 minutes in. So terribly buggy with these scripts. They need cleaned up and some means to self-correct when they misfire.
Yeah this bugged out on me a week ago, trouble is I can't reset it. Guessing you're getting the mobs stuck up the side of the 'buildings' you create when you terraform and can't kill them ? Even if I abandon it when I start it again the zone is in the same state I left it - didn't do all of the first part so I can't climb up the top of the platforms. I've done three tickets on it - first they closed with a canned response, second they recommend I try /stuck (what the actual fuck ???) third time I got a reply again today saying they are working through a monster queue.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Engineer is top DPS end game right now but a total ball ache to level from 25 - 50

Medic is poor to mediocre DPS end game but a blast to level. I'd also take Esper or SS healing over a Medic any day.

Game has a lot of things going for it but classes need a lot of work. Now I'm one of the biggest critics of WoW but WoD will blow Wildstar away when it comes out. Mages getting back to being fun DPS and housing alone will turn it around for WoW I'm afraid.

Still, for a few months, group game in Wildstar alone is worth the price of admission.

Yeah this bugged out on me a week ago, trouble is I can't reset it. Guessing you're getting the mobs stuck up the side of the 'buildings' you create when you terraform and can't kill them ? Even if I abandon it when I start it again the zone is in the same state I left it - didn't do all of the first part so I can't climb up the top of the platforms. I've done three tickets on it - first they closed with a canned response, second they recommend I try /stuck (what the actual fuck ???) third time I got a reply again today saying they are working through a monster queue.
Why is engineer shitty to level (as I'm leveling it right now).

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
yea I think there is a lot of panicking going on from people who aren't used to calmly avoiding damage while doing their role's job.
Which is why abilities like esper's TStorm may be better to use in PVP compared to burst abilities like Mind Burst. TStorm is a dot that will put a big red circle around the target and if it causes them to panic, then it gives you an advantage. First thing they will try to do is dash out of it. That will just waste the dash so that is a second benefit.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I am now 30 on my Engineer and finding leveling still fast. Energy Auger, T4 bioshell insta cast, electrocute twice, if it isn't dead, repeat. Every other mob is popping my R ability and just electrocuting dead with Bioshells mixed in when it's instacast. Popping quick bursts when they are up as they don't interrupt electrocute is good as well. I think part of the issues for Engineer's is people use pulse blast at all levels and it kind of sucks once you get T4 Bioshell.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Any idea when one of the bigger bug fix patches are coming around? Kind of surprised that there hasn't been another one yet.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Playing stalker, low level feels like EQ rogue if I can't get behind them I feel gimp. Don't know shit about post level 12 yet but will get some time to play more soon I hope.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But this is how its been for years now. People go in to an MMO knowing that they are going to play WoW when the expansion hits. Depending on how quickly they reach their individual pinnacle of achievement dictates when and if they come back to a game like Wildstar. I like Wildstar a lot, but I dont see it holding my sub over WoD.

Any idea when one of the bigger bug fix patches are coming around? Kind of surprised that there hasn't been another one yet.
I was under the impression we're on a weekly patch schedule for bugs and similar. Content patches (and probably big bug fixes?) are scheduled at one month intervals. No idea the validity of that, but thats what was said on their forums. Only time will tell, like everything about this game.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I am now 30 on my Engineer and finding leveling still fast. Energy Auger, T4 bioshell insta cast, electrocute twice, if it isn't dead, repeat. Every other mob is popping my R ability and just electrocuting dead with Bioshells mixed in when it's instacast. Popping quick bursts when they are up as they don't interrupt electrocute is good as well. I think part of the issues for Engineer's is people use pulse blast at all levels and it kind of sucks once you get T4 Bioshell.
Yes, DPS is not an issue. The problem is the bots once you hit zones and instances with tight concentrations of mobs that constantly aggro. Parts of Malgrave and Grimvault were especially a pain. There are ways around it - if you are playing in a duo then it's faceroll and if the places I'm talking about have a few people there soloing at the same time then it's also much easier. If you are the only one around though you are fighting groups of mobs constantly to get anywhere, with the cooldowns on key abilities limiting the speed you can move at.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone know if the game is intended to auto-lvl(up or down) people when you enter an instance? I did stormtalon last night with three different groups, two of the groups everyone was twenty and one of them the levels were all different. I assumed that your level changes to the lowest player or something in dungeons? Or did it just happen that everyone in the two groups was actually 20?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Sounds like a win/win situation for everyone to me.

Almost every single poster here who has said they enjoyed WoW go on to say they enjoyed the vanilla/TBC era the most. When people here started hyping Wildstar, a common comparison to vanilla/TBC WoW was made. The sentiment was if you liked vanilla/TBC WoW you would like Wildstar. So far that sentiment appears to be 100% spot on.

If the WoD expansion turns it around for WoW and returns the fun factor of the vanilla/TBC era, then IMO that's a good thing for everyone. Once you run out of PVE raid content in Wildstar you can switch over to WoD, do the new content over there, then switch back over to Wildstar whenever they release new content.

If WoD is as good as you are predicting, another positive for Wildstar players is the possibility all the miserable fucktards who irrationally get all bent out of shape that other people are having fun in a MMO will stop shitting up this thread and will move over to the WoD thread to bitch and complain.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider

Regarding the Drusera: Secrets of the Nexus mission, it sounds like you are doing the Power by Proxy one. Here are a couple of tips to try and complete it. While in the mission at the point where it bugged, try abandoning the quest there. Sometimes the last mob will pop up to a point where you can kill it, then just run out of the mission and it will give you the quest again, then run back to the place where you quit to get it to update and finish. It may or may not work for you. For me, I abandoned the quest after the last patch and re-did it and it actually worked flawlessly (after 4 unsuccessful attempts before the patch). CS sucks for Wildstar; I had three tickets in for almost a week and still haven't heard from a GM.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know if the game is intended to auto-lvl(up or down) people when you enter an instance? I did stormtalon last night with three different groups, two of the groups everyone was twenty and one of them the levels were all different. I assumed that your level changes to the lowest player or something in dungeons? Or did it just happen that everyone in the two groups was actually 20?
Not 100% certain but I think it all depends on whether you use group finder to queue or not. I have run the level 15 adventure twice, once with group finder and the other time with a full group and everyone at the entrance to the adventure and manual entrance.

When we used the group finder queue, everyone was downlevelled to 15. When we entered the adventure manually, everyone retained whatever their level was. We had a level 26 who hadn't done the level 15 adventure yet so he went in as a 26 and just mowed thru the mobs making the adventure trivial. On the negative side that also meant no one else got any EXP points or Renown.

Vitality

HUSTLE
In the two adventures and one dungeon I have run, the stalker players were always taking more damage than the tank and usually the first one to die. Safe to assume main problem was L2P on their part?
I'd say yes, that's safe to assume. Also, healing at that level of play that early on is pretty hell-status.

Stalkers are pretty godlike in PVP, given they have some kind of consistent level of skill.

Caliane

I'd say yes, that's safe to assume. Also, healing at that level of play that early on is pretty hell-status.

Stalkers are pretty godlike in PVP, given they have some kind of consistent level of skill.
yeah. world pvp, only clear loss I had was to a stalker. Standard, was questing. dude just opens on me from stealth. took 90% of my life before I could even phase gate. And all that does is delay.
Classic nonsense every game does. stealth is fundamentally broken in world pvp. And of course they always give burst damage to them too.

For dungeons, I would expect them to eat melee aoes fairly consistently. But they should also be easier to heal, since they ought to be easy to hit, along with the tank. I would expect spellslingers, and espers running around the fringe to be a bigger pain. might get hit less, but also force you to target them to heal them. And that means the melee isn't getting heals.
Pretty sure every build I would run as a spellslinger will have a heal on it, to keep myself topped off.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But this is how its been for years now. People go in to an MMO knowing that they are going to play WoW when the expansion hits. Depending on how quickly they reach their individual pinnacle of achievement dictates when and if they come back to a game like Wildstar. I like Wildstar a lot, but I dont see it holding my sub over WoD.

I was under the impression we're on a weekly patch schedule for bugs and similar. Content patches (and probably big bug fixes?) are scheduled at one month intervals. No idea the validity of that, but thats what was said on their forums. Only time will tell, like everything about this game.
Posted by Cougar:
Posted Today, 10:19 AM
There is a patch of some heft in QA right now with one final bug blocking its release to the public. Looks like 86 various issues as things currently stand.

This patch he's talking about isn't the once a month big "Drop".

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
so I had never really gotten into the housing stuff in the beta, but I have to admit I enjoy porting back to my pad before I log off and placing some decor items. If Wildstar did get a subforum it would be fun to see what all you folks come up with.

Carl_sl

shitlord
so I had never really gotten into the housing stuff in the beta, but I have to admit I enjoy porting back to my pad before I log off and placing some decor items. If Wildstar did get a subforum it would be fun to see what all you folks come up with.
yea housing is nice, and the plug ins i've gotten so far have been rewarding me through challenges with higher end housing stuff, just got the mini dungeon for my plot today and got an epic level treasure chest so now I get more rest than before. Been trying for the grannok bed for a while now from the distillery challenge havent gotten it yet.